Collapse

My SL 5HY Hack

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SL 5HY Hack

Probably wasting ur time here, but just wanted to post about my "experiment/hack" attempting to convert a regular hybrid to an SL one.
    Bought about 10 years ago, a TM Rescue Dual (25*) but never got used. So, in my never-ending interest in SL clubs, decided to put two 16 gr weights (heaviest available) into it. When gripped normaly, it felt very "HEAVY" but when gripped down to a 7 iron length, it felt perfectly fine.
    Took it out to the course, and it worked quite well ***BUT*** after comparing it with my Regular TM Superfast 2.0 5 HY, it's a no go for the SL 5HY: Lower trajectory, and shorter distance than the Reg. 5 Hybrid. But, and this is important, the SL Hack, was more CONSISTENT.
    Still hoping to find and thry the SL 9 iron and wedges and see what happens there.
    All best to all and cheers !!!
    Last edited by veryold; Sep 7, 2021, 07:00 AM.

I suggest you loose the extra 16 gram weight you added in the heel and grip it to a 5iron length.

most scientist overcook their experiment in their haste for some recognizable data.
    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
      I suggest you loose the extra 16 gram weight you added in the heel and grip it to a 5iron length.
      most scientist overcook their experiment in their haste for some recognizable data.
      Absolutely Don't know what are the original weights on TM Rescue Dual, have to google it.
      Cheers !

Comment

TaylorMade’s Rescue Mid was a good club. Can the addition of movable weights vault the Rescue to “must-own” territory?
        things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Much appreciated and thanked
          So the original weights are 14+2 and I have 16+1 which is close enough.
          Cheers !

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X