Collapse

Golftown Annual Club Regripping Sale

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golftown Annual Club Regripping Sale

Forgive me if ive posted this question in the wrong section, but, does anyone know when the annual sal eevent might be taking place? Thanks

Every year I post this. Usualy mid Feb. to mid March. Omicron might change the dates.
    Last edited by rgk5; Jan 1, 2022, 06:16 PM.
    In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
    Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
    TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
    PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
    TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
    Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
    TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
      Every year I post this. Usualy mid Feb. to mid March. Omicron might chnage the dates.
      Omicron and supply chain issues. Raw material & labor shortages coupled with ultraslow or stagnant container movement may delay a lot of what we want in 2022. And until a "new normal" takes effect in global manufacturing and shipping, we will continue to see significantly higher costs.
      No good deed goes unpunished.
      A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Every year I post this.
        LMAO......

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post

Omicron and supply chain issues. Raw material & labor shortages coupled with ultraslow or stagnant container movement may delay a lot of what we want in 2022. And until a "new normal" takes effect in global manufacturing and shipping, we will continue to see significantly higher costs.
          I was in GT in North Vanc 2 days ago and they finally had a lot of grips in inventory/stock.
          Many many full bins...that previously sat empty for many many months.

Comment

With the global supply shortage for grips, I would have serious doubts that this sale will happen this year.

Comment

Most of the Golftowns I’ve been in in the GTA look to me like they have a decent amount of Grips from what I’ve seen ? Hopefully the Sale will happen

Comment

I've only been golfing 2 years now but I'm all over this every year.

Just so everyone knows, you can buy the grips online and just print out your reciept, take it to your local GT and they'll regrip for free.

So Basically as soon as the sale goes on, probably a good idea to grab what you want online since they will have the most inventory, and then get them put on for free later.

That's my plan. I hope fittings are possible this year, but you never know with the never ending COVID.

Comment

Originally posted by SmoggyTwinkles View Post
                  I've only been golfing 2 years now but I'm all over this every year.

Just so everyone knows, you can buy the grips online and just print out your reciept, take it to your local GT and they'll regrip for free.

So Basically as soon as the sale goes on, probably a good idea to grab what you want online since they will have the most inventory, and then get them put on for free later.

That's my plan. I hope fittings are possible this year, but you never know with the never ending COVID.
                  Nope. You will pay the $3 per club installation fee. If you do get it for free that store is defying company policy.
                  In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                  Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                  TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                  TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                  PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                  TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                  Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                  TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Nope. You will pay the $3 per club installation fee. If you do get it for free that store is defying company policy.
                    Well I better not mention my local store then.

Even if you have to pay $3 per club, the other part still stands, you can order the grips online and get the deal on installation (or free) as long as the deal is still running.

Comment

I looked up my order history from Golf Town. In 2020 I purchased a whole bunch of grips on the 21st of April, that was during their sale. So I'm going to expect the grip sale to happen in April, but we'll all hear about it if it's sooner than that, just follow them on Twitter or get emails from them etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SmoggyTwinkles View Post
                        I looked up my order history from Golf Town. In 2020 I purchased a whole bunch of grips on the 21st of April, that was during their sale. So I'm going to expect the grip sale to happen in April, but we'll all hear about it if it's sooner than that, just follow them on Twitter or get emails from them etc.
                        The grip sale doesn't normally last until April.

If the grip sale did continue into April in 2020...likely because Covid was starting to implode in March 2020.....things were in lockdown....no one knew when golf would open up....sales were likely slow for GT...and the sale continued.

I don't expect the 2022 GT grip sale to last until April this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                          The grip sale doesn't normally last until April.

If the grip sale did continue into April in 2020...likely because Covid was starting to implode in March 2020.....things were in lockdown....no one knew when golf would open up....sales were likely slow for GT...and the sale continued.

I don't expect the 2022 GT grip sale to last until April this year.
                          Yeah, you're probably right about that.

I follow Golf Town and get emails from them so I'm not concerned about somehow missing out on it. It will be well advertised.

Comment

For those of you in Niagara region, Niagara Golf Warehouse is having their grip sale at the moment.

Comment

IMO, makes sense to pick up the grips when you can, sale or not. At least this way you have them. There will be reduced supply and shortages again.

I emailed folks when I place pd my GW orders and some got their grips even if they wont put them on until later in the spring/summer. Bought several Putter grips and some of the popular grips will go quickly

If you use rubber grips search out the " secret grip cleaning method" thread that Harry started several years ago. This technique works like magic. I play 70- 80 rounds a season have rubber grips that are as much as 10 years old that still look and feel like new using this simple method.

I've applied to to so many clubs and sets for folks saving them tons of $$ and restoring grips that can be used over and over again,
                              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X