Collapse

Club Fitting @ Golftown Vega location

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Fitting @ Golftown Vega location

Does anyone recommend a well knowledgeable fitter at this location...name? I don’t want to deal with someone that “sort of knows” what there doing. I’ve been trying to get fitted at the Ping location down the street but i’ve been put on a waiting list just to get a call back to book an appt. since end of Nov, and still waiting. By the time i get booked in probably looking at beginning of Feb., then a 6-8 weeks to get clubs. Plus just realized they jacked up the price from $60 to $100 for iron fitting, which is not really my concern, its the length of time to get fitted.

You’re getting fit at golftown, what do you really expect?

Comment

Originally posted by Geeve1008 View Post
      You’re getting fit at golftown, what do you really expect?
      haven't gotten fitted yet but that's why i'm asking. someone there has to know what there doing "correctly". Not asking them to build me a space shuttle

Comment

Originally posted by vanguard13 View Post

haven't gotten fitted yet but that's why i'm asking. someone there has to know what there doing "correctly". Not asking them to build me a space shuttle
        It’s a very fair question,, this is the place to ask. Or so I would think. Unfortunately I can’t answer, I had my fitting at Taylor Made and was very happy with the process.

Comment

What are you looking to get fit for? I feel like there are better options than GT out there for fittings. Full bag, irons, driver?

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

It’s a very fair question,, this is the place to ask. Or so I would think. Unfortunately I can’t answer, I had my fitting at Taylor Made and was very happy with the process.
            Ya wanted to get fitted with Ping but as mentioned before there’s a long wait just to be contacted to book fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by CRobertson View Post
              What are you looking to get fit for? I feel like there are better options than GT out there for fittings. Full bag, irons, driver?
              irons. Oh I believe there are better options but trying to keep close to home (Oakville) plus I have bunch of GT gift cards that I want to use for the irons.

Comment

Goto modern golf. Order thru golftown.

Comment

Fitting is often the precursor to expensive modifications to clubs or new clubs. I would not compromise on the fitting component and as such would strongly advise against GT.....but if you like to use supercuts for a haircut then maybe it will be ok

There have been a few excellent fitters at GT, Bob here was one such perhaps he can suggest an individual but personally use TXG,Modern, Golftech, Dans Custom or other quality location

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                    Fitting is often the precursor to expensive modifications to clubs or new clubs. I would not compromise on the fitting component and as such would strongly advise against GT.....but if you like to use supercuts for a haircut then maybe it will be ok

There have been a few excellent fitters at GT, Bob here was one such perhaps he can suggest an individual but personally use TXG,Modern, Golftech, Dans Custom or other quality location
                    Thx for the shout-out. I've been away for too long to recommend anyone at G. Town other than Jordan in Ancaster and I do not believe they are doing REAL fitings right now. I vote for TXG based on personal experience and a little bit of bias.
                    TXG Custom King Cobra F9 9.5* , Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                    TXG Custom King Cobra F9 14.5*,Accra FX 140 2.0 M3
                    TXG Custom Cobra King Ltd. 5-wood 17.5*, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                    TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                    TXG Custom Mizuno CLK 23*, Tensei Red CK 60 R
                    TXG Custom Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 6-pw, 1* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2"
                    TXG Custom Mizuno T20, 50/07, 56/10, 60/07, Nippon 950H Neo
                    TXG Custom PXG Brandon, 34.5"

Comment

Nice comparison, but I have simple hair, don't need a fancy hollywood hair dresser . Going to look at TXG, there close to GT on Vega. Hard to believe GT doesn't have any decent fitters. I thought they would have at least one highly experienced fitter per store. Other employees would just do the simple stuff like grip installs.

Comment

Originally posted by vanguard13 View Post

Nice comparison, but I have simple hair, don't need a fancy hollywood hair dresser . Going to look at TXG, there close to GT on Vega. Hard to believe GT doesn't have any decent fitters. I thought they would have at least one highly experienced fitter per store. Other employees would just do the simple stuff like grip installs.
                        I just called .....TXG TO East is booking into Feb for a driver and/or iron fitting(s).

Ontario is "more" locked down than BC.
                        FWIW.....I was in GT here in North Vanc last week...all 3 sim bays were closed.

Comment

If they are one and the same, there are Golftec Improvement Centres within certain GT stores, including the Vega location of GT.

Have not used them but just thought I'd mention in case it helps.

_______
                          NQRfPT

Comment

Go to TXG Mississauga it's like 5min north of that GT, if you can go during the week they can get you in January 2022. I'm booking in for March just because I'm waiting for wedges to be available.
                            In The Bag

9 Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S - Draw
                            13.5 Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X
                            19 Ping G410 - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
                            Srixon Z585/785 - AMT Tour White S300
                            MD3 51 - Glide Stealth 2.0 56 - PM Grind 60
                            TP Mills Handmade - Lajsoi Sensor - KB Golf 9306 & more
                            TP5-X
                            Ping Pioneer

Comment

Ya follow txg on Instagram they always post cancelations

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X