Collapse

Questions about shafts

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about shafts

To give a little bit about the background of my clubs, I've been fitted for a Titleist hybrid with 105x Tour AD Di shafts, and before I got fitted, I used to play my driving irons which I loved to hit off the tee. After playing with my hybrids for a couple of years, I don't think I was ever happy with playing hybrids (inconsistent and losing confidence on the clubs is my biggest reason) and wanted to go back to the driving irons so I bought one off the shelf without getting fit. I still love the feel of the Tour AD Di shafts (which I have for my driver and my 3w) and was thinking if I should be putting in my hybrid shaft on to my driving irons. So a couple of questions for people with this knowledge:

1. How much shorter are driving irons than hybrids? Should I be cutting them from the tip or the butt end of the shaft?
    2. Would the shaft feel different because the head weights are different? Assuming that the hybrid heads are heavier, should I be adding weight to my driving irons?

Thank you and any response is greatly appreciated!

Hybrid shafts and driving iron shafts have different tip diameters so they aren't interchangeable. Hyb are 0.370" tips and DI are 0.355". Beyond that, the amount you tip trim will depend on the club in question, then is butt trimmed to playing length.

Graphite Design・€・s PGA Tour-proven AD DI Hybrid shafts are specifically designed to promote a gain in Accuracy and Distance.

Feel-wise its hard to say. If built correctly you shouldn't need to add weight unless you have specific swing weights in mind

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
    X