Collapse

Changing Grips before getting fitted?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Grips before getting fitted?

I haven't changed the grips on my clubs for 2 years now and would like to take advantage of the GT 2 for 1 grip sale. Also, I want to get fitted for my clubs this year. From the advice that I've received (most by ppl on this forum ), I'm going to wait 'til outdoor season starts and get fitted at the Titleist Fitting Centre.
    That being said, my question is would it be wrong to change my grips now before I get fitted? Would that mean I might have to re-grip them again in a few months when I get fitted?

Thanks

Re: Changing Grips before getting fitted?

Originally posted by OP4Life
    I haven't changed the grips on my clubs for 2 years now and would like to take advantage of the GT 2 for 1 grip sale. Also, I want to get fitted for my clubs this year. From the advice that I've received (most by ppl on this forum ), I'm going to wait 'til outdoor season starts and get fitted at the Titleist Fitting Centre.
    That being said, my question is would it be wrong to change my grips now before I get fitted? Would that mean I might have to re-grip them again in a few months when I get fitted?

Thanks
    Are you sure it was people on this forum telling you to wait and go to the titleist fitting center?

Consensus here tends to be to go pay Jeff at Swank golf a visit. Pretty sure he matches the 2 for 1 deal.

If you're set on the titleist fitting center, you could always just go to GT and buy the grips at 2 for 1, not like you have to get them installed right away. Then you could just have them put on whenever you get fitted.

Comment

Thanks for reply.

Well, I was told that it is better to get fitted when hitting balls outside compared to indorr fitting!

Comment

Thanks for reply.

Well, I was told that it is better to get fitted when hitting balls outside compared to indoor fitting!
        That is true...i'm pretty sure i'd want to get woods fitted outdoors as well.

I'd def wait to put on the new grips if you get them until you get fitted though.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by travis
          That is true...i'm pretty sure i'd want to get woods fitted outdoors as well.

I'd def wait to put on the new grips if you get them until you get fitted though.

Cheers!
          I agree with the first part...
          second part is up to you......

fitting can require changes to length and if that is the case then the grips need to come off.....

grips can be removed much easier when grip tape is not used

call around and see if ay of the GT stores use a compressor to install the grips, that way it is really easy to remove them

if not ....maybe you can just buy the grips at 2 for 1 and keep them till later??
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Thanks for reply.

Well, I was told that it is better to get fitted when hitting balls outside compared to indorr fitting!
            Nothing wrong with being fitted in the off-season indoors, the launch golf monitor tells you everything you need to know in regards to fitting clubs... plus usually if Jeff has stock of a certain shaft and head that suits your needs he will loan you it for a round to try it out. I'm pretty sure the Titleist Fitting center does not do that.... plus you get your clubs done in the off-season and ready for the summer instead of doing it then.....

Also yes... Jeff will match the 2 for 1 deal that GT has!
            Ping G30/TFC
            X2Hot/Accra
            Speedline Classic 20*/V2
            G10/TFC
            CB2 6-GW/KBS
            Vokey SM4 54*, 58*/Spinners
            A011067

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard