• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And me too
    I am waiting for opening day.... a new member, left homeless by Traflagar
    looking forward to meeting mpare

Comment

I've played there multiple times. It's a nice course with a few quirks. As an older course that hasn't been modified much over the years, its greens are fairly small. The big trees make some holes fairly tight - 5 is particularly nasty. It crosses the creek four times - twice on par 3s, and twice on par 5s. Those par 3s are fun, if not a little scary. The par fives force a mean layup - on 8 you can't go more than 220 off the tee; on 17 you might be able to go for it in two, but you're going blind at a tiny green that is that backed by brush and 15m below the fairway. In general, it's a course that's deceptively tough - it challenges golfers off the tee and into the greens. Conditions were always good and the staff were friendly.
      In the bag:
      R15 12° PXV 6.0
      SLDR 15° ATX Blue S
      Adams Pro 18° ATX, Idea Pro A12 20° NV S
      Titleist AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0
      Vokey SM5 54, 58
      Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

I look forward to it as well.

Originally posted by rsfairwaysandgreens View Post
        And me too
        I am waiting for opening day.... a new member, left homeless by Traflagar
        looking forward to meeting mpare
        This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

I'll do my best.

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
          Four years later......

Pretty soon mpare will be able to give us some impressions

Comment

If not mistaken due to the number of Trafalgar members who migrated over, the course has a sufficient membership base to be fully private.

They also hired the Food and Beverage manager (Jim Duggan) and all of his team from Trafalgar.

Best wishes to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Olie View Post
              If not mistaken due to the number of Trafalgar members who migrated over, the course has a sufficient membership base to be fully private.

They also hired the Food and Beverage manager (Jim Duggan) and all of his team from Trafalgar.

Best wishes to everyone.
              I believe your wrong on both points. The chef still works at Trafalgar according to the web page. 150 +/- new members isn't going make Wyldewood fully private.

It's not going to stop the owner from being bat s&$t crazy

Good luck to the folks that joined Wyldewood . 😂

Comment

Originally posted by DashRipRock View Post

I believe your wrong on both points. The chef still works at Trafalgar according to the web page. 150 +/- new members isn't going make Wyldewood fully private.

Agreed

Comment

I met the owner a couple of times. I found her to be very pleasant. More than that, based on my limited experience there in the fall, I expect to have a very good time at Wyldewood this golf season.

Originally posted by DashRipRock View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Olie View Post

Best wishes to everyone.
                    Talked to pro shop guy today. He confirmed they received 200+ members from Trafalger and are now fully private. They will still be looking at some public spots in a month or so ONLY IF the tee sheet has consistent holes in it once members get palying. Looks like I might have missed my chance but good for them.
                    I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawker View Post

Talked to pro shop guy today. He confirmed they received 200+ members from Trafalger and are now fully private. They will still be looking at some public spots in a month or so ONLY IF the tee sheet has consistent holes in it once members get palying. Looks like I might have missed my chance but good for them.
                      Tee times available this weekend.... https://www.golfnow.com/tee-times/fa...te=Jun+29+2019
                      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Sadly there are still tee times on GolfNow just about every day. As a member who plays mid afternoon golf, it doesn't leave me feeling great about being a member as the times I see usually start at around 2 PM. They may have got 200 members from Trafalgar but the challenge is going to be keeping half of them for more than one season.

I understand there only about 80 7 day members and the balance are 5 day, me included. The bulk of the tee demand is in the morning. I have heard you can shoot a cannon through the place weekend afternoons. And weekdays are pretty quiet in the afternoon. I play more golf by myself than with other members. No one is out in the afternoons. My guess is they continue to sell weekend afternoon tee times and I wish they wouldn't sell them through the week

Jim Duggan manages food service at Trafalgar and Wyldewood. The menus are essentially the same.

Comment

The bulk of the tee demand is in the morning. I have heard you can shoot a cannon through the place weekend afternoons..
                          Not sure about this season, but can confirm that from the last 3 seasons. I played there about 3 times a year on weekend afternoons and sometimes wondered if they were even open based on the parking lot when I pulled in.

Comment

As a person who has played both Trafalgar and this place I would say the 200 that went here are dealing with a major step down in quality and challenge of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Tphilp View Post
                              As a person who has played both Trafalgar and this place I would say the 200 that went here are dealing with a major step down in quality and challenge of course.
                              I would agree. Its a major step down. But the golf market is pretty limited in this price range. Sadly I may go back to Trafalgar next season, sort of regretting my choice for this season, but it was the only choice at the time. If I was thinking long term, then I would be trying to figure out something else. I only need a couple of years of some place decent to play down here then see ya city !

Comment

I would agree. Its a major step down. But the golf market is pretty limited in this price range. Sadly I may go back to Trafalgar next season, sort of regretting my choice for this season, but it was the only choice at the time. If I was thinking long term, then I would be trying to figure out something else. I only need a couple of years of some place decent to play down here then see ya city !
                                Yeah the price point I think played a lot in the decision for quite a few people. I think the number of courses is getting smaller with all the development and the true private courses are pricey in a lot of cases especially the closer to the city you go

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X