Mystic GC

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hugh Jass View Post

Haha.

Completely under water. Wow. I didnt think it was that bad, so considering this, you guys do a great job to have been getting it to the way it's been.

Will try and get there soon.

Is Greg still marshalling there on weekends? I played with him a few times last year but lost his number . Great golfer for his age, lethal around the greens. Saw him sink a 6 iron on the 6th hole, good times.
    Yep, Greg is still out here Sunday afternoons, great guy. And yes, number two is quite the hole to maintain, I have pictures where the entire hole looks like a lake, there are times when I can't even drive down the path with the tractor because the water is over the tires.

Comment

Do the carts have barriers installed yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Flair View Post
        Do the carts have barriers installed yet?
        Yes, and they are highly annoying - especially if you are driving as the cord always gets in the way.

Comment

played the course on the 15th of june and had the shared cart it was very annoying I think they cut the barriers to short i play rocky glen and they also had the barriers and they came right down to the seat which was better than the ones at mystic, I must say that the course was in great shape.
          What's in the bag

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 9.0 Degree
          Callaway XR 3 wood
          Callaway xr 5 wood
          Adams 4,5,6 Hybrids
          Titleist AP2 Irons
          Titleist vokey wedge 54 degree
          Titleist volley wedge 58 degree
          Ping redwood putter

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post

Yes, and they are highly annoying - especially if you are driving as the cord always gets in the way.
            Thanks for the info! I'll be booking Mystic in the next couple of weeks with my buddies

Comment

Played this past Wed. and the course was in great condition. On the scorecard, I would like to see combo tees, on a few of the holes, as the carry over the gullies are just too long for old geezers, who are short hitters! Other than that it was very enjoyable.

Comment

Played Mystic on Friday and it is in great shape! I do agree with you nuts that the barriers in the carts are super annoying. Especially when you get a gust of wind and the vinyl touches your face. Almost better off just not having them at all.
                Willow Valley has these also.
                My Mixed Bag:
                Driver:
                Ping G410 Plus
                Woods: Cobra Speedzone 3 Wood
                Hybrid: Ping G425 3 Hybrid
                Irons: Mizuno Pro 245 KBS Tour 120S
                Wedges: Ping Glide4 50.12, Ping Glide4 54.12, Mackdaddy 58.10
                Putter: Taylormade Spider X Navy
                Bag: Sun Mountain C130
                Cart: Sun Mountain Pathfinder PX3
                Ball: TM TP5

Comment

Played saturday morning and it was in great shape. Is the long grass between holes 4,5 & 6 new this year?

Comment

Originally posted by rodeohook View Post
                    Played saturday morning and it was in great shape. Is the long grass between holes 4,5 & 6 new this year?
                    No. We mowed it down three years ago in order to manage the weed population and thickness and it has been back in play as per the original design last spring. Frames in and gives some of the 'less' interesting holes some more character. Glad you enjoyed your round.

Comment

Played this morning at 8:10 with a pal and we have never seen the course look so good. What a treat with such great weather today, and the course just as green as it could possibly be. All of the bunkers were raked too. I ran into Surette23 on the course, intro'd myself and complimented his crew on their fine work.
                      🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                      Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                      Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                      Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                      Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                      Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                      Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
                        Played this morning at 8:10 with a pal and we have never seen the course look so good. What a treat with such great weather today, and the course just as green as it could possibly be. All of the bunkers were raked too. I ran into Surette23 on the course, intro'd myself and complimented his crew on their fine work.
                        Nice meeting you and glad you enjoyed your round. We have a great team in place here this year!

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
                          Played Mystic this morning, and have to agree - the course is in the best shape I can recall ever experiencing.
                          Maybe 10 days ago or so, the pond on 17 was pretty full. Today, was way way down. Tho the course was quite lush and green, could sure use a bit of rain...
                          Walking Mystic is a treat.

Comment

Played Monday and to echo everyone’s comments I must agree, course is in the best shape I’ve seen it since golfnorth took over. The clearing of some of the trees has allowed some of the greens to flourish. I’ve always been obsessed with the layout for some reason. Just wish #10 was a par 5 again. Feel guilty about putting down a 5 for birdie.
                            MEMBER OF THE 2008/2011/2014/2016TGN/OGF RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Glad to hear the positive comments and will pass them on to my team, the pond on 17 is being emptied currently to hole #4 which is our irrigation pond for supplemental water. We have pumped over 30 million gallons of water already this year.

Comment

Going out Tuesday, It was in great shape a month ago when Scott and I played, looking forward to it again..
                                Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
                                Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
                                Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
                                Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
                                Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
                                Pro V1x Left Dash
                                Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
                                Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club