Collapse

Mystic GC

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

People generally have no clue about what goes on at a golf course, why pins might be placed in a certain spot....who has input into where they go etc.

Likewise our pin setters are good players. The one guy likes to mix in a couple good ones. Often they make the decision alone but the Super ( for obvious reasons) will have a say.

Naturally, when the tee sheet is jammed with 300+ Weekend warriors as it has often been past 2 years and some days this year, management input to placing the pins in easy spots is the common sense thing to do to assist with POP.

with a new super and crew we've had some pin positions that I have not seen in the past 10 years. One day 2 weeks ago there were about 6 that were tucked in spots , fabulous pin placements and it was a men's league day so they loved it. Crazy for some of us hving played a course hundreds of times and not knowing the break due to new placements. Loved it
    We have six different pin locations, Friday was #6 which is probably the hardest, between that and #4. Luck of the draw I guess lol!. Lots goes into picking placements, rotation, number of rounds, weekend, weekday, who's playing etc. Not just some schlub who rolled in out of the parking lot and got handed a hole cutter lol!

Comment

• Played on Saturday and let me say how impressed I was by the conditions. Considering how dry it’s been the last few weeks the course was very green and lush.

edit: just 4hrs 15min to play a Saturday morning round also made me happy.
      Last edited by gushamilton; Jul 17, 2022, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gushamilton View Post
        Played on Saturday and let me say how impressed I was by the conditions. Considering how dry it’s been the last few weeks the course was very green and lush.
        Agree..played it for the first time on monday for my birthday. Was one of the best conditioned courses ive played this year. Will definitely be back. Very fun course
        WITB :

Driver - Nike Covert
        3 Wood - Cobra amp cell 14*
        Hybrid - Nike cover 18*
        Irons - Taylormade tour preferred 4-GW
        Wedges - Cleveland 54/60 CG15-?
        Putter - Cleveland VP5

Comment

• Playing tomorrow.

Where do you source your water from Ryan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Jass View Post
            Playing tomorrow.

Where do you source your water from Ryan?
            Pump house is beside #4 Tee and that retention pond has approximately 30 million gallons of water in it, also have a 8" PVC "siphon" that can drain 17 pond into #4. This year has been crazy dry and you will see how sad the pond looks lol. We don't have any real source of replacing any water that we use out of the pond and it gets refilled via winter run off.

Comment

• Originally posted by hebbsy View Post

Agree..played it for the first time on monday for my birthday. Was one of the best conditioned courses ive played this year. Will definitely be back. Very fun course
              Appreciate the kind words, I've got a great team in place that really "buy in" to what we are trying to accomplish. That being said, this has definitely been one of the most challenging years I can remember in my almost 20 years in the golf industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by surette23 View Post

Appreciate the kind words, I've got a great team in place that really "buy in" to what we are trying to accomplish. That being said, this has definitely been one of the most challenging years I can remember in my almost 20 years in the golf industry.
                Just got home from a round today at Mystic and I have to fully agree with hebbsy, the course is looking amazing. I actually couldn't believe how green it is, especially compared to some other courses we've played recently. Greens were running very true also. Kudos to you and your crew.

And thanks for the water info above, always interesting to hear the inner workings of a course.
                Last edited by Hugh Jass; Jul 20, 2022, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Just got home from a round today at Mystic and I have to fully agree with hebbsy, the course is looking amazing. I actually couldn't believe how green it is, especially compared to some other courses we've played recently. Greens were running very true also. Kudos to you and your crew.

And thanks for the water info above, always interesting to hear the inner workings of a course.
                  Awesome, and no problem. I'm always interested in any questions golfers might have about what goes on behind the scenes or why things are the way that they are.

Comment

• Ryan, when are you guys planning to aerate the greens? Thx

Comment

Ryan, when are you guys planning to aerate the greens? Thx
                      Next Monday the 19 through Wednesday the 21st sir.

Comment

• Thanks.

Played there yesterday. Cant believe the amount of brush you guys cleared away. That must've been a massive undertaking. Looks great and must speed up play a lot.

Comment

Thanks.

Played there yesterday. Cant believe the amount of brush you guys cleared away. That must've been a massive undertaking. Looks great and must speed up play a lot.
                          Thanks, was a bit of an undertaking but helps when you have a few very dedicated staff and members who have a vision, and some fun toys like this one...

Site prep for new home construction in Oglethorpe County Georgia Dec 2018. Equipment is a 2018 333G with a 2018 MH60C

Comment

• Originally posted by surette23 View Post

Thanks, was a bit of an undertaking but helps when you have a few very dedicated staff and members who have a vision, and some fun toys like this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGb6hKP2DWQ
                            Aaaaah, we were wondering how it was done.

Comment

• Playing Sunday. Any feedback on condition etc
                              I played maybe 15 years ago. Looking forward to it!

on a side, the google reviews are a bit strange. Seems course is always in good condition but service is poor.

Comment

• Played today. Conditions were pretty decent. Greens rolled true which was great.
                                so number 10 is actually a par 6?? I thought I made par but when I entered into golf Canada, it showed as a birdie…

only gripe about this course is that some of the holes are close together but wouldn’t necessarily stop me from coming back

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X