Collapse

Shawneeki

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawneeki

Was shocked that 2 with a cart tomorrow on GolfNow came to $170 for Shawneeki. Seems a little overpriced for what it is, no?

Re: Shawneeki

Originally posted by Zeus View Post
    Was shocked that 2 with a cart tomorrow on GolfNow came to $170 for Shawneeki. Seems a little overpriced for what it is, no?
    Yup.

I'm not driving that far or paying that much for Shawneeki - a course that I've enjoyed over the years, but not at that price.

So.... I assume you just booked somewhere else?
    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
    ...Iggy

Comment

Found this at 12.45pm Saturday, today that is:
      So looks like you are looking in the wrong place or your computer has a virus.
      Carts are about $18.00
      Last edited by 4underthru9; Jul 13, 2016, 06:16 PM.
      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Is it just me or is the Golf Now website wayyy harder to use now?
        In my Taylormade TMX Stand-bag:
        Mizuno JPX 825 Pro DG R300 4 - PW
        Scratch Golf 1018 50 & 56 SS;
        Taylormade 58 degree lob wedge
        Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback
        Cobra S3 5w
        TaylorMade R11 3w
        TaylorMade R11 Driver

Comment

A lot of the time the website doesn't even load the courses for me. But when it does work it is way harder to navigate than their old website. I've also found there are barely any good deals this year. Underpar and Wagjag has been better imo.

Comment

Wayyyyy over priced definitely, must be a glitch. I've seen hot deals for 2 go for $30 with cart before.
            Cobra King F7
            Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
            Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
            Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
            Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
            Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
              Found this at 12.45pm Saturday, today that is:
              So looks like you are looking in the wrong place or your computer has a virus.
              Carts are about $18.00
              $73.46+Tax+GN Fee X 2 golfers = $170!!

No Virus.
              Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Played today as a foursome for 4PM.
                $40 walking from Golfnow.
                Played in under 4 hours. Caught up to the 248 twosome on hole 13.
                Fairways were good. Greens were running well. Tricky pin placements with very subtle breaks.
                Some bunkers were better than others.

But......Course is not listed on Golf Ontario.
                So you can’t put an official score in for your handicap.

Boo to that.
                Last edited by cjcruz; Jun 11, 2018, 12:08 PM.
                Sunmountain 3.5LS
                Cobra
                Fly Z+ driver, Fly Z+ 3 wood, Fly Z 2 & 4 hybrid
                Mizuno
                MP 59 5-PW, S5 52, 56 & 60 - KBS Tour S
                Scotty Cameron
                Newport 3

Comment

Golfnow is there to sell times that aren't popular. If the day is busy and the tee time is one of the few available, they won't discount it. I also know that to use the service, Golfnow requires one foursome per day be sold by Golfnow for profit. So if it was one of the only slots available, it was likely the price that Golfnow wanted to sell it for, not the club.
                  "It took me 17 years to get 3000 hits. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course."
                  --Hank Aaron

Comment

Hey there nuts. I’m going to be playing Shawneeki for the first time on Friday. I’m a bit high on the HCI lately so was wondering if I am getting my nuts handed to me or if I should at least be able to make a few pars? I know nothing about the course and their website photos and hole by hole info won’t seem to load.

Comment

Also wondering if it a “walkable” course. I can handle some hills but if it is constant up and down I might think about riding.

Comment

I'm an 18 hcp and hit my drive around 230. I typically play from the whites there, and I don't find the course overly tough. There are a few holes on the back 9 (90 degree dogleg par-4 and the par-5) that require a little more precision on the tee shot, but that's about it.

The course is walkable. The hilly parts are the 90 degree dogleg and the par-3 right before it, but the rest is okay.
                        Ping G425 Max 9*, Accra TZ6 55 M3
                        TM Sim 2 Ti 13.5*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
                        TM Sim 2 Max 18*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
                        Ping G425 3h, Tensei Orange R
                        TM P790 5-GW, Modus 105 R
                        Cleveland CBX 56*, wedge flex
                        Cleveland CBX Zipcore 60*, wedge flex
                        LAB Mezz, Accra
                        Current hcp ~ 14

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                          Also wondering if it a “walkable” course. I can handle some hills but if it is constant up and down I might think about riding.
                          1. The course is walkable.
                          2. No, it is not overly 'punishing'. An older style layout that I always found enjoyable.

Don't play it very much anymore as I got used to playing it years ago when it was an 'inexpensive' course. Possibly due to being so far from the city. Guess the 'city' has grown up and into it.
                          Last edited by Arthur Dailey; Jul 19, 2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SW20 MR2 View Post
                            I'm an 18 hcp and hit my drive around 230. I typically play from the whites there, and I don't find the course overly tough. There are a few holes on the back 9 (90 degree dogleg par-4 and the par-5) that require a little more precision on the tee shot, but that's about it.

The course is walkable. The hilly parts are the 90 degree dogleg and the par-3 right before it, but the rest is okay.
                            Sadly, that's prolly exactly where my game is right now, if I'm being honest.

Having said that, it is not a tough course. It has some good holes but nothing crazy. There were some water hazards with bullrushes I didn't even see on the first hole - it's worth looking at the map on the card. I love the par 3 (11th?) on the back 9 with a big drop down to the green. Conditions could get a bit mucky on some greens but otherwise ther were decent overall and I always enjoyed playing there.

It's not a bad walk Marty Canuck . You've been walking and cycling etc. so should have no problems.
                            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                            ...Iggy

Comment

I've always enjoyed the course. To my mind, I associate it with courses like Glen Cedars and Watson's Glen. Older courses where the facilities are dated and/or not the star but the course brings you back. Mature trees. Well maintained. Not overly long. Great staff. They have an open driving range which I always appreciate. Always been an enjoyable experience.

To your questions, not an easy course but certainly not too difficult for you. The 18th always seems to cause me problems but that's probably just me. There's a couple of forced carries but they can be managed. There are other holes where the driver should stay in the bag and accuracy should be prioritized.

The course is definitely walkable. There are elevation changes but nothing of the unduly drastic variety. As best as I can recall, the greens are generally well connected to the next tee so there aren't long nature hikes between holes.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your round.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X