X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brampton golf club

Looking at joining next year. Any opinions on it. Ect

Re: Brampton golf club

Just played yesterday (and probably a dozen times over the years).

Really the question is price point, location and what you want from a golf club.

Course conditions are always very good, greens are big and fast. Very good practice facilities. An okay clubhouse, with a good locker room and don't think there is an issue with tee times. Not sure about the food.

That said the course as far as I am concerned is meh..... Fairly flat and little/no scenery. I like 1, 5, 6, 16 & 17, with 16 only wow hole.

Again just my opinion. I would suggest you call and discuss availability, costs, deals and take a test drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gotogolf View Post
      Just played yesterday (and probably a dozen times over the years).

Really the question is price point, location and what you want from a golf club.

Course conditions are always very good, greens are big and fast. Very good practice facilities. An okay clubhouse, with a good locker room and don't think there is an issue with tee times. Not sure about the food.

That said the course as far as I am concerned is meh..... Fairly flat and little/no scenery. I like 1, 5, 6, 16 & 17, with 16 only wow hole.

Again just my opinion. I would suggest you call and discuss availability, costs, deals and take a test drive.
      +1 ...my father was a member for over 30 years, so I've played it many times.

Over the years they have made the necessary upgrades to the course & clubhouse. Food is actually very good.

The location is still relatively easy to get to

I also like #4
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I played Friday seemed like a nice course. Nothing overly jumping at you but at my age for 2000$ all in. It's a good bet for what's in town as I don't have a vehicle ������. Pros that have me are its private (no more dumb asses like lion head or atleast less). Club storage and location. Being less than A 10 min bus ride away from work or home. As a former cl member I know there are a few cons. But still looking for more people opinion.

I'm there to golf more than enjoy the luxuries of the private club club house. I just like not having 6 hour rounds lol
        Last edited by Stickytoe; Aug 22, 2016, 05:12 AM. Reason: Adding more

Comment

You don't have a vehicle and its 10 mins away from your house. Seems like a huge plus.

Comment

Originally posted by DashRipRock View Post
            You don't have a vehicle and its 10 mins away from your house. Seems like a huge plus.
            Agreed.

The closer to the club your house is, the more you will play. Especially so if you don't have wheels.
            10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
            16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
            20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
            4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
            Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Originally posted by Stickytoe View Post
              I played Friday seemed like a nice course. Nothing overly jumping at you but at my age for 2000$ all in. It's a good bet for what's in town as I don't have a vehicle ������. Pros that have me are its private (no more dumb asses like lion head or atleast less). Club storage and location. Being less than A 10 min bus ride away from work or home. As a former cl member I know there are a few cons. But still looking for more people opinion.

I'm there to golf more than enjoy the luxuries of the private club club house. I just like not having 6 hour rounds lol
              I am guessing you are in the 19-25 range if you are looking at $2000 all in for dues? Don't forget you still have to pay initiation which is 10,000 and you can get 50% credit depending how long you stay as a member.
              In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
              Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
              Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
              Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
              Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
              Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
              Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
              --------
              Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Originally posted by chrish8 View Post
                I am guessing you are in the 19-25 range if you are looking at $2000 all in for dues? Don't forget you still have to pay initiation which is 10,000 and you can get 50% credit depending how long you stay as a member.
                No initiation if it is the Limited Play option: http://media.wix.com/ugd/55f63d_a45f...0f0921ecb0.pdf

No car and club 10 minutes from work and home? No brainer.

Not mentioned is the great range and practice areas too (short game, chipping, putting) and indoor during winter.

Comment

Originally posted by QuentinJJ View Post
                  No initiation if it is the Limited Play option: http://media.wix.com/ugd/55f63d_a45f...0f0921ecb0.pdf

No car and club 10 minutes from work and home? No brainer.

Not mentioned is the great range and practice areas too (short game, chipping, putting) and indoor during winter.
                  im reading 1600 annual and 1500 init fee under limited. If you go to full member page it looks like $2k annual and a period to pay the initiation
                  In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
                  Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
                  Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
                  Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
                  Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
                  Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
                  Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
                  --------
                  Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Collapse