Gravenhurst Area - Any Suggestions?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravenhurst Area - Any Suggestions?

Hey everyone,

After a brutally long summer of largely being unable to golf due to a torn achilles, I'm finally getting back on my feet and hoping to get out. I've played two rounds since the injury, and while still a bit "off", things are starting to come together.

I'm going to be up in Gravenhurst this weekend with my girlfriend, and she's given me the green light to get a round in in the morning.

That said, I'm struggling with where to play. I'm familiar with Muskoka Bay and Taboo, and I'd love to play both, but the cost is...extreme...at $200 for a round.

May still go for it, but was looking for you fine folks for any suggestions within a 30-minute-or-so drive. I'd like to keep the costs closer to $100-$130 range, but still play a decent course.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Gravenhurst Area - Any Suggestions?

Originally posted by LeftyLongBombs View Post
    Hey everyone,

After a brutally long summer of largely being unable to golf due to a torn achilles, I'm finally getting back on my feet and hoping to get out. I've played two rounds since the injury, and while still a bit "off", things are starting to come together.

I'm going to be up in Gravenhurst this weekend with my girlfriend, and she's given me the green light to get a round in in the morning.

That said, I'm struggling with where to play. I'm familiar with Muskoka Bay and Taboo, and I'd love to play both, but the cost is...extreme...at $200 for a round.

May still go for it, but was looking for you fine folks for any suggestions within a 30-minute-or-so drive. I'd like to keep the costs closer to $100-$130 range, but still play a decent course.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    Taboo has a deal for $69 on Monday.

Comment

Both 'The Rock' and North Granite Ridge can be had for reasonable rates. While not at the level of Muskoka Bay or Taboo, they are both good tracks.

Check out Golfnow as well, you might be able to snag a deal at Windermere.
      10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
      16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
      20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
      4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
      Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Oak Bay in Port Severn is about 45 minutes away...and the price is a lot better than other "Muskoka-type" tracks

Fun course, tough course.

...Leftygolfer30 will be along shortly to tell you how "horrible it is"
        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Lake St. George located off of Highway 11 outside of Washago is a decent place.

Not well known like the others mentioned above but it is a nice little hidden gem. 27 challenging holes. Huge rolling greens. They have kept it in decent condition despite the drought we have endured.
          Last time I played, it was just over $46 with a cart.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
            Oak Bay in Port Severn is about 45 minutes away...and the price is a lot better than other "Muskoka-type" tracks

Fun course, tough course.

...Leftygolfer30 will be along shortly to tell you how "horrible it is"
            Was in cottage at Port Severn... Oak Bay was the obvious choice less than 15 minutes away.

Nice tight course in excellent condition. All the Par 3s are beautiful and plenty challenging. #18 bit me both days I played there.
            All LH :

Driver : TM SLDR430 10.5° Fuji Atmos Red
            4-wood : Tour Edge Lift-Off AnyLie 16.5°
            3-PW : Nike Victory Red II ProCombo
            Wedges : Nike VRII 52-degree / 58-degree
            Putter : Odyssey White Ice #9

Comment

Originally posted by olliepho View Post
              Lake St. George located off of Highway 11 outside of Washago is a decent place.

Not well known like the others mentioned above but it is a nice little hidden gem. 27 challenging holes. Huge rolling greens. They have kept it in decent condition despite the drought we have endured.
              Last time I played, it was just over $46 with a cart.
              I will second that, though it's been a few years.
              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X