Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intermediate Recommendations in Kitchener/Waterloo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermediate Recommendations in Kitchener/Waterloo

I'll be spending 16 months in Kitchener starting May 1st 2018. I'll be a 21 year old university student and am hoping to find a home course with a decent practice facility. Work and home will be in downtown Kitchener and convenience is pretty important factor for me. Any recommendations for where to look would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Edit: it appears like Westmount is an ideal location but has a pretty extensive waiting list. Any other suggestions would be welcomed!
    Last edited by GolfMac; Dec 5, 2017, 10:33 AM.

Westmount is pretty reasonable for intermediates right now. Hard to find a better track

Comment

Originally posted by surette23 View Post
      Westmount is pretty reasonable for intermediates right now. Hard to find a better track
      This.

I can't say enough about the staff and facilities at Westmount, truly first class.
      10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
      16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
      20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
      4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
      Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

If you're looking for affordability, City of Kitchener ran an Intermediate Membership special last year with a membership to their 2 courses for around $850. Good deal and Rockway is very accessible from the downtown area.

Comment

I enjoy playing Rockway, but it is very slow pace of play unless you are first off.
          Even though it is short, it is mostly driver friendly if you're in the mood to swing the big dog

I've played Doon quite a lot this year, usually being first off, and call it my "practice course" as I can use most of my clubs.
          Doon has an OK driving range too.

Rebel Creek probably has the nicest driving range of the public courses in KW.
          Elmira has a nice range but a bit farther of a drive if you are living in downtown Kitchener.

I love the variety of the Tri-City Golf club website.
          I have range cards at a few places in the area ( Wedges & Woods in Cambridge, and at Guelph Lakes & Vic East in Guelph )

I'm a member of the Tri-City Golf Club website and have 75 credits for next season.
          ..... the weather better be good next year !

- Andy
          WITB:
          Cobra King LTD with Attas 5 GoGo 60S
          Callaway 816 14* with Kurokage TiNi 50 Stiff
          Titleist 915HD 17.5* with Diamana S+ 70S
          Mizuno JPX-900 4-GW with Accra 110i, TLT built by Dan
          Nike VR Pro 54/60 with Accra 110i, TLT built by Dan
          TM Ghost Spider 33" SuperStroke Flatso 3.0 CC

Comment

Bump! still looking for a place to consistently practice and play

Comment

Private courses with nice practice facilities include Westmount, Deer Ridge, Whistle Bear.
              ... call them up and see what the pricing is for you.

Otherwise join Golfnorth where you can practice at Rebel Creek, and play a handful of their better courses within a 10-45 minute drive of KW. These include Rebel Creek, Grey Silo, and Mystic, along with several other nearby courses -> Conestogo, Dundee, Oaks of St. George, and a few other shorter courses.

Other than the 3 private + Golfnorth options, that's about it for KW offerings for you.
              WITB:
              Cobra King LTD with Attas 5 GoGo 60S
              Callaway 816 14* with Kurokage TiNi 50 Stiff
              Titleist 915HD 17.5* with Diamana S+ 70S
              Mizuno JPX-900 4-GW with Accra 110i, TLT built by Dan
              Nike VR Pro 54/60 with Accra 110i, TLT built by Dan
              TM Ghost Spider 33" SuperStroke Flatso 3.0 CC

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse