Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underrated clubs per region

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was very pleasantly surprised with Mt. Elgin GC this year, greens were great and an interesting layout, not long but have to think your way around for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsyard View Post
      Cobble Beach is probably a bit underrated just because its so far away. Its an absolutely awesome course
      Cobble Beach is a wicked track. I did a golf weekend there last year and heading back in June this year. Definitely worth going up and staying at the resort.
      Callaway Diablos

Puddy: We're #1, we beat anybody! We're the Devils! The Devils!!

Comment

Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

Tried to play it several times but it seems almost impossible to get a tee time.
        its one in the industry that gets a lot of props from PGA pros. A lot of good JR players from there. Its now semi private, so its possible to get on, although busy. There are a couple of great tracks in the region, Oak Bay is worth the drive in Port Severn.

Comment

Seguin Valley is another underrated track.

Comment

Another REALLY underrated track in Muskoka is the 9 hole course at Taboo - Stanley Thompson design, The Sands. http://www.taboomuskoka.com/muskoka-...s-golf-course/

Comment

Cobble Beach is probably a bit underrated just because its so far away. Its an absolutely awesome course
              Bummer...
              Last edited by Big Shooter; Feb 13, 2018, 09:35 PM. Reason: Cobble CANCELLED their "Birthday Round" promo :(
              Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

its one in the industry that gets a lot of props from PGA pros. A lot of good JR players from there. Its now semi private, so its possible to get on, although busy. There are a couple of great tracks in the region, Oak Bay is worth the drive in Port Severn.
                The members can book a week or two in advance but the public only a few days. We tried to get 8 guys on for a cottage golf weekend in late Sept and they had the Sat/sun completely booked by the time public booking opened. The pro pretty much did it's always like that. Would love to try it but it seems you have to get lucky.
                We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                Srixon Star XV
                Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

The members can book a week or two in advance but the public only a few days. We tried to get 8 guys on for a cottage golf weekend in late Sept and they had the Sat/sun completely booked by the time public booking opened. The pro pretty much did it's always like that. Would love to try it but it seems you have to get lucky.
                  well hopefully in 2018 then. Its a great track and very difficult

Comment

Lively Golf Club
                    Renfrew Golf Club
                    Pines of Georgina
                    Diamond in the Rough
                    Harbourview
                    Shelter Valley Pines
                    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Harbourview
                      Shelter Valley Pines
                      Good call (SMH how I forgot those 2) ...

Comment

Another REALLY underrated track in Muskoka is the 9 hole course at Taboo - Stanley Thompson design, The Sands. http://www.taboomuskoka.com/muskoka-...s-golf-course/
                        Played it a couple of summers ago. It was a cool design (you can tell it's a Stanley on a couple of holes - really good use of topography). Unfortunately, the conditions of the fairways, tee boxes, sand traps and rough were pretty terrible. On the other hand, the greens were in relatively good shape - not that quick, but they rolled true. I would definitely recommend giving it a shot if you're in the area, but don't set the expectations too high.

Also, if you play the Sands (or even if you're playing Taboo) you have to check out their Pro Shop. They use it to clear out stuff that doesn't sell at the Taboo Pro Shop, so there are some excellent deals to be had. When I was there, I got a sweet pair of Footjoy rain pants (retail around $200) for $40, and they had Footjoy gloves at $5 a pop.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 off the tee View Post

Played it a couple of summers ago. It was a cool design (you can tell it's a Stanley on a couple of holes - really good use of topography). Unfortunately, the conditions of the fairways, tee boxes, sand traps and rough were pretty terrible. On the other hand, the greens were in relatively good shape - not that quick, but they rolled true. I would definitely recommend giving it a shot if you're in the area, but don't set the expectations too high.

Also, if you play the Sands (or even if you're playing Taboo) you have to check out their Pro Shop. They use it to clear out stuff that doesn't sell at the Taboo Pro Shop, so there are some excellent deals to be had. When I was there, I got a sweet pair of Footjoy rain pants (retail around $200) for $40, and they had Footjoy gloves at $5 a pop.
                          good call on the shop, some good finds there...

Sands is a blast from the past, old school design that feels like its untouched. Its also under $30 a round!

Comment

Seguin Valley is another underrated track.
                            yup so true is like 5 min from my cottage and makes an excellent place to sneak away some days...

The Ravin at Lora Bay is one of my favourites in Ontario and I donít think gets enough credit

Comment

good call on the shop, some good finds there...

Sands is a blast from the past, old school design that feels like its untouched. Its also under $30 a round!
                              Kinda like playing the course at Clevelands House since they built The Rock

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X