Collapse

Clublink Silver Membership Question?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clublink Silver Membership Question?

So for this upcoming season i am considering a CL membership. Likely Silver level due to price .My reasons for a membership are value based to be able to play slightly nicer courses on a regular basis. I am 31 and
    i average 50-60rounds per year. Ive already got an idea on price from CL so im not worried about that. My question is for anyone who is CL. Particularly if your Silver or even gold...how hard is it to get tee times at your non home course .The CL rep made it soubd like most silver members play 95% of their rounds at gold...he made it sound like its easy to get times with the exception of weekend mornings and some weekday evenings because of mens night...this is understandable...i prefer playing weekday mornings in truth.

I live in Bradford so ive got quite a few CL courses within 30min drive....Bond Head, national pines, country club, bethesda, caledon woods etc .

My other consideration is getting a GTA GC membership and playing a variety of the more decent tracks there . like Cardinal, Tangle Creek, Woodington Lakes, Settlers, Nobleton etc.

Thoughts on either option pros and cons?

Or any other membership options at a priv or semi private course near me?

I would recommend joining a GOLD level course vs. Silver if you can as it provides way more options. The other question is thing a long term or short term thing? Is this an investment or just 1 year then bail type of deal? I believe you can pay something like $250 and defer your membership fee (initiation fee) for 1 year.

based on your location, I would join Caledon Woods or National Pines as it will be one of the cheaper GOLD level courses and you can essentially play 95% of all CL courses. They have a good Men's night there and the course is challenging.

During the week there shouldn't be a problem getting a time outside of closures for outside tournaments. I've heard Weekend AMs are difficult even at some home courses.

I am not a member, but have played with a bunch in the past and if it is a long term plan then I would go for GOLD.

Comment

I know but in truth some of it is convincing the wife for the funds .Realistically a silver membership right now is 3300$ over 25yrs and annuals are currently around 2500$ maxing at 3300$ and FB goes upto 380$

A gold membership is like 4500$ over 25yrs now. Annuals around 3300$ and a 500$FB going upto 4100 annuald and 900 FB.

Thats a significant difference. About 1500$ a year in annuals/fb.

So not Sure...might just do gtagc.

Comment

Have you looked at the packages offered at Ballantrae and St Andrews Valley ? Two excellent courses and they have all sorts of mix/match options. Neither course has food and bev mins .

Ballantrae 30 pack = $1912 , good for 2 years and fully transferable, includes balls. They have 10 packs as well.

SAV has 6/12/18 packs for weekday and weekend , also good for 2 years and fully transferrable. 18 pack weekday is $990 , prime time weekend $1350 and there is a twighlite one too.

SAV also has 5 day, 7 day and 5 day plus memberships at good rates.

Disclosure, Ballantrae was my home course for ~ 15 years and SAV is now but neither course gets mundane. I mix blue, white, gold tees at SAV and they are all unique and challenge all aspects of your game. Courses are also always in primo shape ( bunkers are not gat at either)
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Is SAV. And Ballantree walkable? Its why im considering a gtagc membership. Lets me play ballantree for 37 walk amd sav for 65 walking plus many others

Comment

Bradford highlands has really improved their course over the past years and offers a decent layout , decent conditions and a very reasonable priced membership rate that is well below your CL costs ( 1/2).

I was a member for a few years at Carrying Place and as mentioned above played out of two other courses. I thought i would get tired of playing the same course but that
            never happend even playing 100x a year at CP. the relationships, social aspects , meeting other members , events, leagues etc are all a plus to playing out of one course.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
              Is SAV. And Ballantree walkable? Its why im considering a gtagc membership. Lets me play ballantree for 37 walk amd sav for 65 walking plus many others
              I am 56 with badly arthritic feet and walk SAV almost every time. There is one longish trek between 12 and 13 and its up hill going out but other than that easily walkable. I used to walk Ballantrae too , cart was often included with the pass so did cart it lots. there's a short 2-3 minute walk between 8 green and 9 tee and a 2 minute walk between 10 green and 11 tee and 11 green and 12 tee. Very flat course.

Comment

Think ima get a GTA GC membership then. Bradford is 35$ easily walkable and 5min from me .But id get bored only playing there. So a gtagc makes most sense .

Comment

Think ima get a GTA GC membership then. Bradford is 35$ easily walkable and 5min from me .But id get bored only playing there. So a gtagc makes most sense .
                  Cool, I dont know much about GTA membership but if you ever want to tip it up at SAV, Ballantrae, BHIghlands lmk.

Comment

Weirfan

Done and done .And GTAGC offers a membership that gives u access to discounted green fees at tons of courses with very little to no restrictions (sometimes weekend mornings only)

Ive never uses it before but maby swear by it. It looks good and at 250$ to save on average 15-35$ per tee time it pays for itself in 15 rounds at most.

Comment

Well if you plan on sticking around for a couple of years then I would say that the clublink is a way to go. The perls alone would make it worth while to me. Mens nights, spring and fall classics as well as the chance to play other clublink courses. If you only play 50-60 rounds a year then having to pay the fee to play a blue springs or even wyndance are worth it to do a couple times of year. Getting weekday times wouldn't be too hard to get most days. To me your just getting a chance to play some better courses.

Comment

I know but in truth some of it is convincing the wife for the funds .Realistically a silver membership right now is 3300$ over 25yrs and annuals are currently around 2500$ maxing at 3300$ and FB goes upto 380$

A gold membership is like 4500$ over 25yrs now. Annuals around 3300$ and a 500$FB going upto 4100 annuald and 900 FB.

Thats a significant difference. About 1500$ a year in annuals/fb.

So not Sure...might just do gtagc.
                        3300 vs 4500 over 25 yrs is nothing. Plus if you go Gold you get free access to another 10-13 courses.

i would try to avoid lumping F&B costs into the picture (I know it’s a cost but if you are playing 50-60 Times if you buy one drink/item per round you have half of that covered, plus you will be at a nicer facility where you can take your wife, even do 9 and dine events if she wants to get out).

you can always start at silver and upgrade to Gold at any point and pay pro-rated fees (but they might charge a transfer fee). To me Home Course is a big thing and then access to the most amount of courses would come next.

Comment

Yah as a shift worker etc mens night plays a low factor. As i may be able to play it 2 weeks then not at all for 6. And i agree the initiation difference between gold and silver is nothing its the annuals.

I want variety at nice courses. I would much rather go gold but its likely not in the cards right now...so it leads me to wonder. Do i go silver now and upgrade later or do i just get a GTAGC membership every year until i commit to gold. If you dont know what GTAGC is look it up...

Comment

I took the plunge and joined clublink as gold member.

Did the gtagc 2 years ago and cardinal last year.

Was spending clublink money anyways with the courses outside the previous 2 memberships.

Free m4 driver promo didn’t hurt either

Comment

Howd u like GTAGC?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X