Niagara - Battlefield vs Whirlpool

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niagara - Battlefield vs Whirlpool

hey all,
    looking to golf next week 1-2times and wondering what your opinions are on one versus the other.
    Also wondering about the conditions of each of you’ve played this year.

Thanks
    R15 BLACK 9.5
    M2 16*
    Rescue 11 19*
    RSI UDI 4i
    TM RSI tp 5-PW
    Ping Tour-S Rustique 52, 56, 60
    Scotty Golo S2 cT 33.5"

Haven’t played this year but I liked battlefield way better. Whirlpool just left me disappointed because I believe it is supposed to be the better track

Comment

I actually prefer Ussher's Creek (the other Legends of Niagara course), but Grand Niagara is the 1 in the area that I would choose
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Played Battlefield last week , great condition. Whirlpool is still my favorite of the Legends courses except for the helicopters.

Comment

Originally posted by autoease View Post
          Played Battlefield last week , great condition. Whirlpool is still my favorite of the Legends courses except for the helicopters, bees & newlyweds
          Fixed that 4u....

...but it's NOT a Legends course
          Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by davevandyk View Post
            hey all,
            looking to golf next week 1-2times and wondering what your opinions are on one versus the other.
            Also wondering about the conditions of each of you’ve played this year.

Thanks
            They're fairly different courses being from different eras and architects. Whirlpool is the older Thompson course - fairly flat and not much wow-factor. That isn't to say it's a dull course, you need to be on your game. Battlefield is the newer course designed by Carrick; as a result, it's flashier and is much open, more visually appealing, and has more bunkers and water.

I've only played each once, but I did like Battlefield more - the visual appeal is great if you like that sort of thing. I wasn't playing well at Whirlpool and was tired, so that may have tainted my perception.
            In the bag:
            R15 12° PXV 6.0
            SLDR 15° ATX Blue S
            Adams Pro 18° ATX, Idea Pro A12 20° NV S
            Titleist AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0
            Vokey SM5 54, 58
            Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post

Fixed that 4u....

...but it's NOT a Legends course
              I agree Grand Niagara is probably the best course , however the question involved Whirlpool or Battlefield .

Comment

Thanks for the input so far. I’d consider any in the region.
                I wish Hunters Pointe was still around.
                i do love the old design but when I played Whirlpool last, the conditions were not great. Love a tough course too.
                R15 BLACK 9.5
                M2 16*
                Rescue 11 19*
                RSI UDI 4i
                TM RSI tp 5-PW
                Ping Tour-S Rustique 52, 56, 60
                Scotty Golo S2 cT 33.5"

Comment

Out of those two courses I prefer Battlefield. Whirlpool isn't a bad course though, lol play both!

Comment

Battlefield over Whirlpool for me.

Ussher's Creek over both.
                    Still getting the hang of this game!

In the Ogio Atlas for riding or Ogio Vaporlite for carrying:

Ping G2 with HOT PINK Grafalloy Bimatrix
                    Srixon W-403 AD 5 wood
                    Nike 23 degree hybrid
                    Ping eye2+ irons 5-PW
                    Cleveland CG14 Gunmetal 52, 56
                    Bronze Ping Anser 3 with Tigershark grip

Comment

Battlefield over Whirlpool for me as well, however its also more expensive from what I remember..

Never played Usshers Creek.. what makes it more enjoyable?
                      In the bag:
                      -TaylorMade R15 driver/ aldila nv 2kxv 65g x-stiff
                      -Cleveland Classic 3 Wood strong 14*
                      -TaylorMade Burner 2.0 5-PW irons
                      -Nike Vr 58, 54, 52 deg. wedge
                      -Custom milled putter from 303SS

Comment

It's a bit of a toss up for me. I have family out there and I'm usually asked "Battlefield or Whirlpool?" as far as where they should book for us to play. My answer is always "Either". I probably prefer the layout of Battlefield a little more, plus they have a driving range which Whirlpool does not.

Seems like the Legends courses have more 'deals' as well, as they're a little more off the beaten path (and they have 2 full sized courses as well as an executive 9 to fill)..

Comment

Battlefield suites my eye over Usshers. Played all 3 Legends courses last week. The greens are coming alone. Light and dark patches but rolled well. The 9 hole Chippewa course is a great warm up to your round. The practice facility is great also. The food in the main dining area leaves a lot to be desired. Better off booking dinner at The Keg.

Comment

I think that Battlefield is a great course, but I played Ussher's so many times on the old Red Flag deals that I came to love the layout. Plenty of room on the left for my slice!
                            Still getting the hang of this game!

In the Ogio Atlas for riding or Ogio Vaporlite for carrying:

Ping G2 with HOT PINK Grafalloy Bimatrix
                            Srixon W-403 AD 5 wood
                            Nike 23 degree hybrid
                            Ping eye2+ irons 5-PW
                            Cleveland CG14 Gunmetal 52, 56
                            Bronze Ping Anser 3 with Tigershark grip

Comment

Originally posted by autoease View Post
                              Played Battlefield last week , great condition. Whirlpool is still my favorite of the Legends courses except for the helicopters.
                              Whirlpool is actually not a Legends course. Allow me to clarify as there seem to be some confusion here. Niagara Parks owns Whirlpool, the Legends on the Niagara facility and another course called Oak Hall. Legends has 2x 18 hole courses (Battlefield and Ussher's Creek) and one 9 hole executive track (Chippawa). These 3 are all at the same location. Whirlpool is a few minutes away, but at a different location. Whirlpool is a Niagara Parks course, but NOT a Legends course.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X