No announcement yet.
Collapse

Bond Head, North or South Course?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play the South100%. I played the north years ago and hated 14 holes. Played South 25 times since and it's a great track. Decided to give the North a try again this year now that I'm low single digits and never will again. Still garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie2017 View Post
      Play the South100%. I played the north years ago and hated 14 holes. Played South 25 times since and it's a great track. Decided to give the North a try again this year now that I'm low single digits and never will again. Still garbage.
      Sounds like it was rough on you?

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post

Sounds like it was rough on you?
        shot a 78. But I remember 5 different holes with 10 foot flags in them just so you can ballpark where the hole is on the green. Did have a fox follow me around for a few holes on the back. The few holes that were nice were really nice but the bad far outweighs the good on that track.

Comment

on underpar right now for what looks like a good deal
          WITB
          9.5 Nike Covert
          15 TM Rocketballz
          3-P Nike Pro Vr Combo
          52,56,60 Nike X3X Wedges
          TM White Smoke

Comment

Originally posted by Richd View Post
            i fin the greens on the south very tricky. last time i was out i think i had 42 putts
            The greens are ridiculous. Over the top if you ask me. You miss a two foot putt by 3 inches and it rolls 9 feet from the hole. That’s not challenging it’s just dumb.

Comment

The North course is definitely more dramatic, and offers some really nice views (just not of the greens). If you're not a photographer - play the South.

Comment

South Course....

The North looks pretty but that is about it. I always had the feeling with the north they got carried away with the design and tried to do WAY too much with the land. I can't recall how many blind/ish tee shots there are but it doesn't make it fun for a round.
                In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
                Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
                Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
                Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
                Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
                Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
                Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
                --------
                Home Course - Clublink

Comment

Originally posted by chrish8 View Post
                  South Course....

The North looks pretty but that is about it. I always had the feeling with the north they got carried away with the design and tried to do WAY too much with the land. I can't recall how many blind/ish tee shots there are but it doesn't make it fun for a round.
                  South course is a typical wide open layout. The North was designed by a few people from the CNIB. Dumb layout with dumb blind shots.
                  No good deed goes unpunished.
                  A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

On most courses, if you hit a good shot into a green - you know. At the North course, you really don't know until you get right up to the green and see what happened after it landed. Also, it may have the most nonsensical bunkers of any course I've played.

Comment

Playing the south tomorrow. For those that played this year, how was the pace of play? Should I expect a 5hr round in the afternoon?

Comment

Originally posted by stevesin View Post
                        Playing the south tomorrow. For those that played this year, how was the pace of play? Should I expect a 5hr round in the afternoon?
                        Pace is normally 4/4.5 hrs. The bunkers are embarrassing. But the price is right for a decent track.

Comment

ended up being a 5 hour and 15 minute round. no marshall to be found anywhere, and the bunkers were *barf*

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie2017 View Post

Pace is normally 4/4.5 hrs. The bunkers are embarrassing. But the price is right for a decent track.
                            perhaps if you get out in the first hour or two of morning but I have NEVER had a round there in under 5.....5-5.5 is the norm in my albeit limited experience but did play twice there last Sept and before that .....several years ago, it was no different
                            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Thats why you play the North.. For the excitement factor.
                              M1 430 9.5 Speeder 661 X
                              M1 3 H/L Speeder 757 X
                              Mizuno MP-4 3-PW
                              Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
                              TA Tru-Milled 303SS

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

perhaps if you get out in the first hour or two of morning but I have NEVER had a round there in under 5.....5-5.5 is the norm in my albeit limited experience but did play twice there last Sept and before that .....several years ago, it was no different

Ya. I'm A morning golfer. Almost always out before 8am

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X