The Nest @ Friday Harbour

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kich View Post
    Played just before noon today.
    Winds were strong , course showed some teeth because of it.
    Played the blues at 6600. Really nice course. You really have to hit a poor tee shot to miss those rolling fairways. Greens had been sanded and brushed this am. Rolled just fine. Carrick as usual, some shorty par 4's with ample birdie opportunities.
    Def worth $100.
    Need a few paths between tee and greens for walkers would be my only gripe.
    thanks for the feedback, was waiting for a review. Are you a resident?

Comment

Called yesterday. It's open to the public only Mon-Thurs. Any other day it will be either private to members or home owners and it seems they are shifting that way next year full time.

Doesn't look like I'll have the opportunity to play it then which is too bad. Really wanted to try this course.

Comment

They are in a very crowded and limited marketplace...not enough corporate golf in the area...National Pines, Vespra Hills, Barrie CC, Mad River are competitors for membership...Bond Head, Tangle Creek, Heritage Hills, Horseshoe, Settlers Ghost amongst others for public play.

So I would think they will have some public hours next season at least Monday to Thursday to get people to try out the course

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9
          Just received the official email today, so here's your chance folks.

Message body
          Don’t miss this early bird offer at the Nest Golf Club.
          View online version.
          Friday Harbour Resort | 2101 Innisfil Beach Road. | E: info@fridayharbour.com

You are receiving this message because you subscribed to our mailing list. If you do not wish to receive further email communication from Friday Harbour Resort, please unsubscribe using the link below or by replying to this email.
          theyre membership rates defenitly aren’t bad at all and has me considering. Too bad they weren’t closer to home.

Comment

I got this email as well. Seriously making me reconsider my Devil's Pulpit membership if the course is any good. I haven't played it yet, but it does look very nice. It seems like you would get private club conditions here as long as the public doesn't hack it up too much.

Comment

Originally posted by kaveh View Post
              I got this email as well. Seriously making me reconsider my Devil's Pulpit membership if the course is any good. I haven't played it yet, but it does look very nice. It seems like you would get private club conditions here as long as the public doesn't hack it up too much.
              On behalf of public players, our group didn't hack it up!!
              Do you really think public players have zero regard for protecting any golf course we play?
              I take offence but whatever. You must be a snobby private guy.

Comment

Originally posted by kich View Post

On behalf of public players, our group didn't hack it up!!
                Do you really think public players have zero regard for protecting any golf course we play?
                I take offence but whatever. You must be a snobby private guy.
                Was going to say... on what scale determines a public golfer is anymore hack than a private?

Comment

I remember seeing a pic of 4 or 5 identical divots, side by side all pointing the same way with a note from the pro asking members to use the range, not the course, for practice. Beacon Hall, 2012 or so.

It's everywhere. Way too many people have not been taught to properly care for the course, even when it's their own club. Hence the ballmarks, the unraked bunkers, the unrepaired divots.

I kinda feel sorry for younger golfers who will grow up thinking this is just the way it is, and never get to experience the previous 100 years of golf where people actually looked after things.
                  "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                  ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                    I remember seeing a pic of 4 or 5 identical divots, side by side all pointing the same way with a note from the pro asking members to use the range, not the course, for practice. Beacon Hall, 2012 or so.

It's everywhere. Way too many people have not been taught to properly care for the course, even when it's their own club. Hence the ballmarks, the unraked bunkers, the unrepaired divots.

People should not be dropping and playing 3/4/5 balls on the course, this is just common sense and why there are practice facilities. Its discouraged and even to the point where course staff will ask you to discontinue.

I agree that club members show more respect and better attention to course condition and repair... I have seen such attention at private and my course which is semi private. Makes sense since they are the ones who play it daily and often part owners in the case of equity members. This doesnt mean that all public players are leave divots Pitch marks and bunkers unattended , but most definitely there are many that do and I see it every day. As an example, I often play after my shift and on the days ( like today ) when I follow league play...I'm not fixing multiple ball marks , seeing bunkers full of footprints and filling divots like I do on Sundays after a day of mainly public players. I see public players every shift not rake bunkers , and always make sure to kindly remind them --or if they dont fill or replace a divot will ask if their divot mix bottle is empty -they get the drift -and dont get me started on driving carts in areas they are not allowed. . I wish all golfers would treat the course like it was their own. There is definitely an age factor involved as somebody above hinted at. Id say a big diff between the under and over 40 groups.

As for the Nest membership, price seems ok. personally I would be cautious of joining a resort course...these tend to be bastions for drunken boys weekends, business/conference outings etc and can be painfully slow and busy during peak of summer and weekends. Id want some assurance that there are blocked off times everymorning for members only.
                    Last edited by Weirfan; Sep 28, 2018, 01:15 PM.
                    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

My mistake guys. I made an error in what I wrote. “Public players” wasn’t the correct term I was thinking. I meant that guests coming in and playing the course as a “resort” course probably wouldn’t care for it as much as if you were a member of the Nest. If it gets pretty busy, you could see how having a lot of traffic like this could be tough on the course. That would be my hesitation in joining. No disrespect meant.

Comment

Played the course yesterday and loved it. Conditions were great. Some holes are still "young" and will be better in the coming years. The course has a links feel to it with beautiful undulating fairways. 16, 17, 18 are so different than the rest of the course but, still spectacular. Very mature, parkland holes. It was raining when I played but, scoring seemed on the easy side. I played blues which were middle tees. They only had blues and blacks (tips) setup when I went out early. Overall a very enjoyable experience.

I don't know how it stacks up compared to other courses but, I could see it making the Score Golf 100. Although, all that really matters is if you enjoyed playing it and I did. They close on Sunday for the season so I won't get to play it until next year.

Comment

Originally posted by kaveh View Post
                          Played the course yesterday and loved it. Conditions were great. Some holes are still "young" and will be better in the coming years. The course has a links feel to it with beautiful undulating fairways. 16, 17, 18 are so different than the rest of the course but, still spectacular. Very mature, parkland holes. It was raining when I played but, scoring seemed on the easy side. I played blues which were middle tees. They only had blues and blacks (tips) setup when I went out early. Overall a very enjoyable experience.

I don't know how it stacks up compared to other courses but, I could see it making the Score Golf 100. Although, all that really matters is if you enjoyed playing it and I did. They close on Sunday for the season so I won't get to play it until next year.
                          Sweet! I would love to play this.

I heard it’s not open to public next year at all unless attended by resident or member.

Comment

My wife just won a 4some from the golf show. Can’t wait to check it out !!

Comment

Anyone play here yet, not like I'm rushing to spend $115 but I can be persuaded if the reports are good
                              Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
                              Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
                              Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
                              Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
                              Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
                              Pro V1x Left Dash
                              Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
                              Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

Anyone have an insight as to when the golf course will be ready to open this year. I checked the website recently and there is no opening information or even

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X