Collapse

Cedarhurst Golf Club-Beaverton

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cedarhurst Golf Club-Beaverton

I played there yesterday with my younger son (25). What a treat. Two totally different nines. The first is Stanley Thompson designed and dates to the 1920's. The second nine was built in the 1960's and is across the road.
    The front is short and tight, small greens, well protected with bunkers. Having played other Thompson designs, some features are familiar. The other nine is much longer (blues 3363 vs 2759 on front). The blues on the back were too much for this short hitter. My son hits the ball a long way so he enjoyed the length more than I did. Next time I will play blues on front/whites on back. Greens were in great shape. The front felt soft underfoot. Approaches to green very firm so if chipping up, ball will take off if landing close to green. The back nine greens are larger, with more slope and a bit firmer feeling but equally as nice condition and rolled true just like the front. Not what I expected for a $37 green fee! ($40 on weekends). Was pleased to not have to fix many ballmarks. Appears the players look after the course. Had a beer on the patio and enjoyed the country casual feel of the place. Will definitely return. About an hour from home in Ajax but worth the drive.

Drove past many times while working in Beaverton. Didn't catch my eye. Then wife and I were on a drive so I pulled in to check it out and it showed promise. Both from the road, the yardage book and the freindly feel. It's on the list but probably after I get out to Pine of Georgina.
    I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

agreed ! I live in Keswick and have a played it a few times this year. Always in great shape with some challenging holes. Can’t beat it for the the price.
      Last edited by sc2350; Sep 9, 2018, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Always a Great course to play and the people are top notch ! Mike McMahon is on the range as well if you ever need any club work done for a reasonable rate. Greens usually rolling good there too, 3rd hole is a tough par 3 at 243 yards. Well worth it for the price

Comment

Currently this course has an offer on UnderPar.

Any comments/recommendations/reviews?

Comment

Has anybody played this course?

Any reviews?
            Any comments?

Is it worth a 60+ minute drive?

Comment

It's a nice 'cottage' course. Not sure that it's worth a 60-minute drive, though.

Very flat layout with virtually no hills or elevated greens/tees. Fairways are OK, and the bunkers are very shallow. Lots of trees on the front nine, but the back is generally wide-open. Cart paths are generally gravel, and muddy in places.

Staff is very good, and it's a low-key local-friendly environment. Food is average for a golf course restaurant.

This is a great place for very casual play.

Comment

Played many times with my son that lives nearby. Front nine is Stanley Thompson. Back 9 added many years later and bears no resemblance to the front. I like the casual friendly feel of the place. Underpar has deals for it frequently. Worth the drive.

Comment

Originally posted by 68shark View Post
                  Played many times with my son that lives nearby. Front nine is Stanley Thompson. Back 9 added many years later and bears no resemblance to the front. I like the casual friendly feel of the place. Underpar has deals for it frequently. Worth the drive.
                  agree worth it. played it last summer.

2 players for 59 on Underpar now
                  things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

It’s in Good shape again this year Wether it’s worth the Hour Drive is debatable imho ! I do enjoy playing but it’s no more than 30 minutes from my place ! Staff is always friendly and laid back ! Nice atmosphere

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X