Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golfing in Amsterdam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golfing in Amsterdam

Probably a long shot but wondering if anyone has any experiences golfing in Amsterdam. I'm going to be there for about a month in October with a lot of free time. Of course i'll try to spend some time travelling but curious if anyone has done some golfing there.

Originally posted by jayehs View Post
    Probably a long shot but wondering if anyone has any experiences golfing in Amsterdam. I'm going to be there for about a month in October with a lot of free time. Of course i'll try to spend some time travelling but curious if anyone has done some golfing there.
    I have not golfed in Amsterdam but several places in Europe. It's not unusual for them to require an official handicap. May want to get your OGA card updated or have your local pro issue you one. A letter from a local pro may also suffice. I forgot mine once and showed up at a course in Switzerland and they were going to deny me. I convinced someone in the pro shop to come to the practise area and watch me hit balls. After seeing me hit a few I was fine but it could have worked out differently. It was also a requirement at several German courses I played.

Comment

You may get more responses if you moved this travel question to the "Golf Travel" category .

Comment

Originally posted by pudubny View Post

I have not golfed in Amsterdam but several places in Europe. It's not unusual for them to require an official handicap. May want to get your OGA card updated or have your local pro issue you one. A letter from a local pro may also suffice. I forgot mine once and showed up at a course in Switzerland and they were going to deny me. I convinced someone in the pro shop to come to the practise area and watch me hit balls. After seeing me hit a few I was fine but it could have worked out differently. It was also a requirement at several German courses I played.
        Thanks for the tip. I didn't think that was a requirement in most places though i did hear you need a license to play in Germany.

You may get more responses if you moved this travel question to the "Golf Travel" category .
        Yeah somehow i missed that category and realized shortly after. Not sure if i'm able to move it myself, might need to ask a mod.

Comment

I played in the Czech Republic a few weeks ago and they asked my handicap but didn't require any proof.

Their system was cool, when i was booking my round online, i could see the indexes of the players I was going to be joining:

Click image for larger version

Name:	czech online.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	2861271

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 162,789   Posts: 1,705,129   Members: 45,535   Active Members: 254
          Welcome to our newest member, Wrighter99.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
          X