Collapse

Guelph options

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guelph options

moving to Guelph and wanted to know if either Vic Park or Guelph lake have active weekend groups or members events?

I’m not sure if this will be useful but I’m a member at Cutten fields. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Comment

Definitely Vic east. Great course, was a member years back. Very friendly people. Lots of member events
      WITB :

Driver - Nike Covert
      3 Wood - Cobra amp cell 14*
      Hybrid - Nike cover 18*
      Irons - Taylormade tour preferred 4-GW
      Wedges - Cleveland 54/60 CG15-?
      Putter - Cleveland VP5

Comment

Guelph resident here. I know nothing about leagues, but the convenience of Guelph Lakes really depends on where you’re living. It’s a solid 20-25 minute drive for me from the south end. Turtle Creek and Puslinch Lake are about equal time so they would be worth considering. Vic East employees really are great. My only issue with the course is that there is very little elevation change except for a short par 3. I really think their slope rating is overestimated. I’m a big fan of Springfield but again, little elevation change.

Comment

I'm a weekday member at Vic East. I don't play in any club events but they have more than a few. They have an active mens' league on Wednesdays, have a three-day "Club C" over the August long weekend and then in the fall the popular Vic Fest. One can also get a combined membership at Vic East and Vic Valley, a 3-nine (each par 31) course. Both East and Valley have ranges and other good practice facilities.

Vic East is flat (as mentioned, which makes it quite walkable) and wide. It's certainly not punishing but always in good condition -- particularly the greens, some of which have challenging slopes but overall are not very undulating. It's par 71 and the whites are a shade under 6,100 and the blues a shade under 6,400. You can call the course and speak to head pro Jay Pembleton or assistant John Olender.

Guelph Lakes is IMO quite different, with elevation changes, longer green-tee hikes and so fairly cart-oriented and definitely more challenging. I was also a member at Turtle Creek for the first two years of its existence. It never turned out the way it might have and there's not a lot of love on TGN for the course.

Feel free to PM me. I could probably connect you with some of the full members if you like.
          WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

Originally posted by HackGolfing View Post
            Guelph resident here. I know nothing about leagues, but the convenience of Guelph Lakes really depends on where you’re living. It’s a solid 20-25 minute drive for me from the south end. Turtle Creek and Puslinch Lake are about equal time so they would be worth considering. Vic East employees really are great. My only issue with the course is that there is very little elevation change except for a short par 3. I really think their slope rating is overestimated. I’m a big fan of Springfield but again, little elevation change.
            Having been a Puslinch resident and played Puslinch GC .... I found it to be very short. Golf Ontario uses this course for Jr. Qualifications and Jr. Championships ... at least they have in the past and for some time.

Comment

you have three good courses that follow almost in line starting with Springfield, Vic-East and then Guelph Lakes.
              I know Springfield and Vic have well attended member events and both are an easy walk.
              Guelph Lakes is the quirkiest of the three starting with the first hole, but we always enjoyed going there.
              Elmira is not that far away and could easily be worked into the rota.
              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Might also consider Wildwinds

Comment

Originally posted by Over The Top View Post
                  Might also consider Wildwinds
                  or Ariss Valley ...maybe Wendy Ochoafan can add some insight?
                  Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Thanks I'll reach out to VIC east in a couple months since it is close to my house and sounds pretty active

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X