/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

affordable golf countries abroad with beautiful courses and great practise facilities

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• affordable golf countries abroad with beautiful courses and great practise facilities

looking for most affordable countries to golf around the world for a membership or green fees in Asia, Europe, or latin America any experience or knowledge would help a lot i'm moving aboard and want to see what country is best for value but still a nice course to play and practise thanks for any help

Originally posted by jblackburn97 View Post
    looking for most affordable countries to golf around the world for a membership or green fees in Asia, Europe, or latin America any experience or knowledge would help a lot i'm moving aboard and want to see what country is best for value but still a nice course to play and practise thanks for any help
    In Asia, it's likely going to be Malaysia or Vietnam. Both have several really nice tracks and costs are very reasonable. In Juhor province (Malaysia) their are several good clubs that include multiple courses. Vietnam has two or three areas not far from Ho Chi Mihn. But....it's almost always hot. Northern Thailand still has a few areas where golf and living is cheap although courses are limited in those towns.
    in Europe, your cheapest options with several good courses is likely Portugal, although stay away from "resort" areas. Southern Spain from Alicante to Malaga has several good options (again stay away from golf resorts, find towns with multiple options). The golf is cheap (US $30-80) round with annual memberships starting at ($1000.00). Nice places to live can be had a reasonable prices in both.
    Their are cheaper options in the former eastern block but the course variety is limited and so is English.

Comment

thanks a lot i'm planning to go to Thailand anything affordable there was looking at red mountain but not sure the price or if they have memberships

Comment

Red Mountain is a very nice course but it's not cheap. It's on Phuket in the town of Patong. You can find cheap places to live in Phuket but around Patong nicer homes will not be cheap. And while I love Phuket, the party town of Patong is not for everyone. Add in cart fees and caddy tips per round and it gets more expensive. It not easily walkable, especially in the heat.
        Hua Hin, three hours south of Bangkok is a better option. 5 or 6 courses, nice town, plenty of expats and golf memberships can be bought for a reasonable price. Cost of living is more reasonable than Phuket.
        i hope you are planning to visit before deciding. Every year thousands of retirees move to places like Thailand (easy resident visa) or Costa Rica and it can work but the smart ones do their research first. Visit, talk to local expats and find out what the real lifestyle and costs are. Also discover if you can tolerate the climate. I know of many stories of people showing up in small Thailand towns to retire and regret it weeks after arrival. They didn't do the research or visit beforehand.
        Last edited by pudubny; Apr 14, 2019, 07:36 PM.

Comment

i was going to be living in phuket going to a school there would love to have a place to golf for the year im also in the market for other countries when i travel around other places in Asia or latin or south america costa rica sounds nice

Comment

will be going to vietnam, malaysia, singapore, brazil, costa rica, spain, venezuela, Columbia and indonesia in futuer years maybe can mention great cities and course to be a member at thanks

Comment

i was going to be living in phuket going to a school there would love to have a place to golf for the year im also in the market for other countries when i travel around other places in Asia or latin or south america costa rica sounds nice
              Phuket is a big island, 2-3 hours drive from north to south. About 10 clubs on the island, where you want to play is likely close to where you plan to live.

Comment

ok any courses that are not to expensive and nice tracks? would help

Comment

ok any courses that are not to expensive and nice tracks? would help
                  Phuket Golf and Country Club is fine, between Phuket town and Patong. Likely the cheapest. Loch Palm is not very long and has tons of water but is reasonably priced about 20 mins from Patong. Laguna is another located about 40 minutes from Patong. I've heard they offer 1,5 and 10 year memberships. Daily rates are posted on the web but several clubs have deals for locals if you have a resident visa. Most offer membership but prices are not posted.

Comment

ya ill have a 14 month visa and probally will stay longer

Comment

ya ill have a 14 month visa and probally will stay longer
                      Enjoy. One of my old neighbours here was posted in Phuket by his company for 10 years. Very lucky. Opened a factory and did well. When his company opened in China, they asked him to move and he says it was the saddest day of his life but the money was great so he took the job. After 8 years here they moved him back to Thailand (between Bangkok and Pattaya) so he's happy. Thailand is a fantastic place which I've been to many many times. It all about finding the right community for you.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X