/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Tarandowah

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brutally honest View Post
    would you rather have 200 golfers at 45 bucks buying 3 beers each or 60 golfers at 85 bucks bringing their own
    I've always wondered about that logic. I don't smuggle beer but I sure understand why some do.
    Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
    Taylormade R11 15 Deg
    Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
    Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
    Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
    Callaway Diablo Edge Irons- 7-Gap
    Taylormade RBZ- 55 Deg Wedge
    Titleist Vokey- 60 Deg Wedge
    Ping Scottsdale Putter
    Sun Mountain Bag
    Home Course: Pine Knot London

Comment

• Originally posted by RAyyash View Post

We're getting the carts this week. We only found out when we're opening days before, we had them in storage until then.

It was great seeing everyone that came out.
      Please let me know how everyone's experience was last weekend and if you have any concerns.
      Played Tarandowah on Saturday morning. Was happy to be back out on the course, and the weather couldn't have been any better. Good to see the parking lot full. For all that has gone on, and opening late, the course was in good shape. Was a little wet from the rain over the previous days, but not much you can do about that. Greens were pretty good, though a little slower than they looked, and slower than one would expect. Lots of sand in the bunkers, which made a couple shots interesting: you typically expect the ball to roll into the base of the bunker, but the two times I was in there, there is so much sand that the ball on both occasions held up on the side wall.

I'm one of those who pre-paid for the 2020 season, and got my money refunded from my credit card company. Based on what I saw on Saturday, I'll be re-upping for 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sixiron View Post

Played Tarandowah on Saturday morning. Was happy to be back out on the course, and the weather couldn't have been any better. Good to see the parking lot full. For all that has gone on, and opening late, the course was in good shape. Was a little wet from the rain over the previous days, but not much you can do about that. Greens were pretty good, though a little slower than they looked, and slower than one would expect. Lots of sand in the bunkers, which made a couple shots interesting: you typically expect the ball to roll into the base of the bunker, but the two times I was in there, there is so much sand that the ball on both occasions held up on the side wall.

I'm one of those who pre-paid for the 2020 season, and got my money refunded from my credit card company. Based on what I saw on Saturday, I'll be re-upping for 2020.
        Good to hear! No longer have to hold our breath walking across the bridges now too! I'm still debating the twilight membership but was hoping it would be after 2pm not 4.
        Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
        Taylormade R11 15 Deg
        Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
        Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
        Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
        Ping Scottsdale Putter
        Sun Mountain Bag

Comment

• Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
          I love good beer expecially Czech, German and Danish Pilsners. That said, I 've never had the urge to drink on the golf course but don't begrudge someone who does it sensibly, i.e. no more than two per round. The game is tough enough as it is.
          Interesting you put the cap at 2. Why not 3? 4? 1 per 9 holes is only a beer every 2 hours which is pretty much nothing. It's great that you don't have the urge but to say having 3 or 4 isn't sensible is a bit over the top. I could have 8 and still walk away at the end of the round smiling with your money in my pocket.

Comment

• Originally posted by LongLefty View Post

Interesting you put the cap at 2. Why not 3? 4? 1 per 9 holes is only a beer every 2 hours which is pretty much nothing. It's great that you don't have the urge but to say having 3 or 4 isn't sensible is a bit over the top. I could have 8 and still walk away at the end of the round smiling with your money in my pocket.
            I’ll play you for a brownie and we each have to drink 4 beers a side.

Comment

• Originally posted by LongLefty View Post

And hopefully not to your car.
              King Cobra F9 10.5* Tour, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
              Cobra F8 5 wood 17*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F3
              Mizuno CLK 21*, Speeder Evolution HB 75 S
              Yonex Super Renkin Tour 4-pw, 24*-47*, stock S graphite
              Cobra MIM forged 50*, KBS Hi Rev 125 S

Ping Glide 1.0 ES 54.5*, CFS Wedge Flex
              Ping Eye 2+, 57.5*, KT-M S
              Ping Karsten Pal TR, 35"

"Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie2017 View Post

I’ll play you for a brownie and we each have to drink 4 beers a side.
                We should make a tournament of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

And hopefully not to your car.
                  Figured you’d be the DD..

Comment

• I love where this is headed. Id be in for sure 1 a hole winner take all.

Comment

• I'd have to forfeit after hole 6
                      Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
                      Taylormade R11 15 Deg
                      Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
                      Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
                      Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
                      Ping Scottsdale Putter
                      Sun Mountain Bag

Comment

• When is this event and I am reading that as a 4 beer minimum right? More is ok correct?
                        I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

• Apparently people are afraid Covid when it comes to fixing ball marks on the greens. Good lord there’s a lot of of them. Course is in good shape. Odd to see a “garage” beside the range. Nice too see sand in the bunkers was in 6 of them today got up and down 4 times.
                          Titleist TS3 w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5
                          TM M4 3wd w/ Fuji Speeder 857 TR X
                          Callaway BB Alpha 815 18-20 w/ Motore Speeder 865 X
                          Ping iBlades 4-PW w/ DGX100
                          Titleist Vokey Satin 54-58 DGS400
                          Ping Redwood Anser 35" Black Finish!!!
                          Ping Hoofer

Comment

• Originally posted by Lefty17 View Post
                            Apparently people are afraid Covid when it comes to fixing ball marks on the greens. Good lord there’s a lot of of them. Course is in good shape. Odd to see a “garage” beside the range. Nice too see sand in the bunkers was in 6 of them today got up and down 4 times.

That would be the new “maintenance shop/tent”.

Back behind the putting green would have been a better location!

Comment

• I'm gonna be real honest here...today was the slowest I've played Tarandowah's greens and it's not even close.

Comment

• I'm really disappointed to read some of this stuff, this used to be my favorite course. I would play it 4-5 times a year as treat. Not at these prices I won't and the shunning of the london golf club/tri-city. Good luck Tarandowah.
                                Ping i25 Driver
                                Ping i25 3 wood
                                Ping G30 19deg hybrid
                                Ping G30 4I - PW
                                Nike Victory Red AW, SW, LW
                                Ping Crazy-E G2i

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 177,232   Posts: 1,863,860   Members: 47,798   Active Members: 335
                                Welcome to our newest member, EricT.
                                Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X