No announcement yet.
Collapse

The Future of The Ridge at Manitou

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure why they don’t just lower their green fees. If they could figure out a rate where people would still come to play, they wouldn’t have to share the fees with Underpar. And they would get more singles and threesomes as well. As it is now, almost nobody pays regular rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzzardd View Post
      I am not sure why they don’t just lower their green fees. If they could figure out a rate where people would still come to play, they wouldn’t have to share the fees with Underpar. And they would get more singles and threesomes as well. As it is now, almost nobody pays regular rate.
      They sometimes don't help themselves...we played in late summer on a quiet day . Had an unrestricted 4some Cert. we only had 2 of us so asked if we could use it for 2 rounds the same day or 2 on different days ...NO !
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

They sometimes don't help themselves...we played in late summer on a quiet day . Had an unrestricted 4some Cert. we only had 2 of us so asked if we could use it for 2 rounds the same day or 2 on different days ...NO !
        Hmmm, my invite must have been in my junk mail
        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post

Hmmm, my invite must have been in my junk mail
          Wasn't my cert
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Yes, that's why I would want to verify with both UnderPar and GolfNorth before I commit
            UnderPar responded.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	underpar response.PNG
Views:	876
Size:	586.2 KB
ID:	3070420

Comment

UnderPar responded.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	underpar response.PNG
Views:	876
Size:	586.2 KB
ID:	3070420
              And like a lot of companies, this response does not actually answer the question!

Comment

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post

And like a lot of companies, this response does not actually answer the question!
                I’m optimistic that the booking process will be handled satisfactorily but I’m NOT optimistic about future course conditions with Golf North running the show

Comment

Originally posted by Toughpar3 View Post

I’m optimistic that the booking process will be handled satisfactorily but I’m NOT optimistic about future course conditions with Golf North running the show
                  . Yeah, you're right. Would be much better with a big sign out front that says "Closed for Good"

Comment

Originally posted by Toughpar3 View Post

Indeed. The best time to go is in the first 2 years of them running a course. After that, who knows. I think Mystic has held up, bunkers excepting, from what I remember being posted. Oaks of St. George was still good this year my inside sources tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by surette23 View Post

. Yeah, you're right. Would be much better with a big sign out front that says "Closed for Good"
                      The director of golf has just announced he is leaving.
                      I have already left two courses when Golfnorth took over. I abandoned my membership at Rebel the first year they were there, so in my opinion, Closed for Good, might be a good thing. I don’t really want a membership there, if I am am going to be pissed at failing course conditions and a lack of any perks to being a member.
                      I loved being a member at the Ridge. Staff was fantastic. Members were fantastic. Conditions were fantastic. Not sure if those words will ever be spoken there again.

Comment

The director of golf has just announced he is leaving.
                        I have already left two courses when Golfnorth took over. I abandoned my membership at Rebel the first year they were there, so in my opinion, Closed for Good, might be a good thing. I don’t really want a membership there, if I am am going to be pissed at failing course conditions and a lack of any perks to being a member.
                        I loved being a member at the Ridge. Staff was fantastic. Members were fantastic. Conditions were fantastic. Not sure if those words will ever be spoken there again.
                        Oh come on, so the DOG leaving when a new company takes over isn't much of a surprise!
                        ....so, you'll move to Seguin or PSGC? Wouldn't say either of those are mint. If you really love the Ridge, as many of us do, why don't you give GN a year, and then leave?

Comment

If you really love the Ridge, as many of us do, why don't you give GN a year, and then leave?
                          I have already done that twice. As Albert Einstein said “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.”
                          I intend to wait and see if there is any advantage to being a member. If not, I can’t see any reason to stay.

Comment

I have already done that twice. As Albert Einstein said “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.”
                            I intend to wait and see if there is any advantage to being a member. If not, I can’t see any reason to stay.
                            So where do you go? Oviinbyrd?

Comment

Somehow GN keeps Cape Breton Highland Links ( at Keltic Lodge ) in Canada's Top 10 List. I recall it is ranked #7 on one of them.

I think GN tends to courses with what the market / demographic will bear for each of them. It's not like RaM will become a cow pasture overnight from shoddy maintenance.

I am OK with reduced bunker maintenance at any course, and OK with Rake & Place. It still is shocking how many golfers do not tidy up after themselves in a bunker, regardless if a bunker is maintained well by the course or not. There is long a thread on that topic already, so I will leave it at that, as I will Rake & Place anyway.
                              🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                              Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                              Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                              Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
                              Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                              Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                              Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                              Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Isn't the advantage that you can book member times and reciprocal play at all platinum and below GN courses? What am I missing that a pre-golf north membership gets you?

​​​​​​Also, golfnorth has 2 green fees and cart for $75 as their December 23rd deal https://www.golfnorth.ca/18holesofchristmas/

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X