Collapse

Pace of play

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pace of play

Had two rounds this weekend that were over 4:40 one at Crosswinds 8:00 AM Satuday and Oaks of St George 4:00 sunday (putt out in the dark). Is this the norm around the extended GTA now?

Based on anecdotal evidence on this board, that seems about right for weekend golf in and around the GTA these days. Golf for me is a M-F thing now.
    We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
    Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
    Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
    Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
    Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
    Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
    Srixon Star XV
    Ogio Grom bag

Comment

I was just shy of 5 hours at Taboo on Friday afternoon. One of the longest rounds I've played all year.

Comment

were the courses packed?

Comment

played Cedarhurst on the long-weekend Sunday. It was almost 5 hrs, but in its defence the course was very busy.
          We enjoyed the course.with good friendly people all round.
          The lineup into the parks around Lake Simcoe was insane.
          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

busy but not packed, there were open spots on both courses. There seems to be an under five hours is okay mentality. Guess becoming a dew sweeper is in my future.

Comment

Saturday August 10th. On a course just under 6,800 yards from the tips (which I do not even contemplate playing from).

Teed off at 4:40pm. Finished at 7:58pm.

Played through one group.

Would have been a bit faster but finally got slowed down by the group in front when they were very slow finishing #18.

Comment

What is more disrespectful? Fast players that walk ahead to their ball? Or slow players like DeChambeau that make everyone wait? Brandel Chamblee's take surprised me.
                https://www.golfchannel.com/news/cen...gs=golf1308000

It's not the wand. It's the wizard.

Comment

Originally posted by rodeohook View Post
                  Had two rounds this weekend that were over 4:40 one at Crosswinds 8:00 AM Saturday and Oaks of St George 4:00 Sunday (putt out in the dark). Is this the norm around the extended GTA now?
                  To answer your question in one word....YES.

It is not uncommon for rounds to get close to the 5 HR mark in the GTA. However, that being said (regardless of weekday or weekend) teeing off at 8 AM should get you in at 4 HRS, there no excuse for that pace so early in the morning. Typically, I try to tee off early in the morning so that the course isn't slammed. I play Kings forest weekly and if we tee of between 7-8:30 AM were done between 4 and 4.5 hours. If we tee off anytime after 9 AM its always 5 HRS +, that's just the way it is these days.

I usually find that most ppl who book from 7-8 AM do so with the intentions of playing a quick / on time round. Unless Crosswinds is slamming more times onto the sheet aka; over booking, I dont understand why the pace was so off.

As for the person who posted this "I was just shy of 5 hours at Taboo on Friday afternoon. One of the longest rounds I've played all year." I know its a Friday but at a resort course weekend/weekday doesn't matter, you will always have people golfing at resorts who may not understand etiquette/pace of play, or who may not be an avid golfer. I play Taboo very often since my cottage is right there and its always at least 5 hours, i've just learned to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by The McCleery Crow View Post
                    What is more disrespectful? Fast players that walk ahead to their ball? Or slow players like DeChambeau that make everyone wait? Brandel Chamblee's take surprised me.

Brandel is an ***..... Aren't fans, forecaddies, marshals & others too in your line of site.....

Comment

Its course specific and dependant on several factors, including course expectation for pop, course difficulty , tee time intervals, and course marshalling.

tee times start at 7 am at my course and typically everyone who goes off before 10 gets through in under 4 often under 3:30, as the day progresses that moves to 4-4:30 on a busy course.

some courses like Bond Head will be pretty much 5 + hs no matter what time and day...

just played a private CL course, we teed off at 8:24, 3 of us, waited every hole a bit ( all 4 somes in front) marshals were out, we finished in 4 hrs 10 for a Monday morning...ideally should be 3:30-4 IMO

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

It's very rare to play under 4 hrs here in Vancouver....I just learn to accept 4+ hrs is the norm for public play.

Comment

Originally posted by The McCleery Crow View Post

At my course, private, so maybe different, if your ball isn’t in a position that one is at risk of being hit, one walks to their ball and is ready to go when the person behind has hit. If there is some uncertainty, one leaves their bag off line and walks back to be out of view of the person hitting. It really is dependant on your line and where others are on the fairway.

I don’t rush, but I abhor slow play. Be ready to hit, club pulled when it is your turn. Sometimes one has to switch clubs as wind shaft or diffferent perspective on the on the shot, but you earn the right to do that with otherwise decisive play.
                          Ping G430 9*, Ping Tour Chrome 65g Reg flex
                          Ping G430 Max 3w and 5w, 75g Ping Tour Chrome Reg flex
                          Ping G430 Max 22* Hybrid 85g Ping tour Max Reg flex
                          TM P790 irons, 5-AW, DG R300U 105gm
                          Ping Glide 54/12 and 58/08 wedges
                          Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 33”​

Comment

I've played my share of private golf and the two can not be compared, there is also an accountability at private clubs and most members are not shy to tell others to speed up.

Comment

Originally posted by rodeohook View Post
                              I've played my share of private golf and the two can not be compared, there is also an accountability at private clubs and most members are not shy to tell others to speed up.
                              And that is why I decided to join one. I was very lucky as played most rounds when young @ Don Valley before the clubhouse even opened. Later was lucky to have invites to a course after tournaments were done and thus an empty course.

Almost all rounds are off first in the AM or like yesterday @ 5:50 and played 13 holes (due to routing of our course 1-9, then 15-18) with multiple balls in about 1:40 and home for dinner.....

The POP is 4:15, which is slow & it is well tracked. Last Friday I play a slow 9 @ 9:30, and saw that gap that allowed me to do 15-18, which was fine with me an back to do some work.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X