Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing these amazing Private Clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had the privilege to play both Lambton and St Georges when I was a teen , would like to add Islington and Weston.

Caddied at Islington but never got to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipless View Post

This works well if your club pro is respected in the industry.
      Correct on both counts.......!
      If St. Andrews is the home of golf, Askernish is it's soul......!

Comment

Originally posted by Netz View Post
        Had the privilege to play both Lambton and St Georges when I was a teen , would like to add Islington and Weston.

Caddied at Islington but never got to play.
        That's brutal. How would one caddy on a course they have not played? Seems like you wouldn't be able to offer much advice to golfers without having some experience playing the course. I live right in the area, and have been lucky enough to play St. G and Lambton, but not at Islington or Weston. Would love to give those a try myself!

Comment

Originally posted by 3 off the tee View Post

That's brutal. How would one caddy on a course they have not played? Seems like you wouldn't be able to offer much advice to golfers without having some experience playing the course. I live right in the area, and have been lucky enough to play St. G and Lambton, but not at Islington or Weston. Would love to give those a try myself!
          I've had a caddy for quite a few events where my caddy had not played the course. I want him to carry my sticks, rake bunkers, get pins, etc.. I'd also like for him to tell me if I'm doing something totally asinine, that's about it. If I know the course, I don't need my caddy to know it as well.

You can easily make your own decisions.

Big difference between a pro caddy and an amateur one.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny canuck View Post

I've had a caddy for quite a few events where my caddy had not played the course. I want him to carry my sticks, rake bunkers, get pins, etc.. I'd also like for him to tell me if I'm doing something totally asinine, that's about it. If I know the course, I don't need my caddy to know it as well.

You can easily make your own decisions.

Big difference between a pro caddy and an amateur one.
            Depends, some caddies I agree with you. Others are much more.

Comment

Yeah itís not like hiring a pro caddy at a resort course. A lot of private tracks in the US do that itís someone to basically clean up after you. Think a maintenance worker that also carries your bag.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 off the tee View Post

It is like this, I am 77 years old and back in the 50's we caddied because that is how it was. I did not caddy in 2018, things were different then. I was not there to give advise but to carry someone's bag, or even two at a time.

Comment

Meadowbrook at Warden & Stouffville Road has a membership drive event on Monday. Play the course + lunch for 50 bucks + tax. Just have to listen to a speech prior to golfing.. I am actually giving it a close look as I have played the course 5 times in the past 8 years and do enjoy it.
                  In my Taylormade TMX Stand-bag:
                  Mizuno JPX 825 Pro DG R300 4 - PW
                  Scratch Golf 1018 50 & 56 SS;
                  Taylormade 58 degree lob wedge
                  Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback
                  Cobra S3 5w
                  TaylorMade R11 3w
                  TaylorMade R11 Driver

Comment

Originally posted by johnny canuck View Post

I've had a caddy for quite a few events where my caddy had not played the course. I want him to carry my sticks, rake bunkers, get pins, etc.. .

If I'm using a caddy, I want them to provide insights on where and where not to hit the ball, how putts break , lines off tee etc.....don't need anybody to rake bunkers or replace divots for me, nor would I ever want someone do that for me.
                    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Armour V31 View Post
                      Meadowbrook at Warden & Stouffville Road has a membership drive event on Monday. Play the course + lunch for 50 bucks + tax. Just have to listen to a speech prior to golfing.. I am actually giving it a close look as I have played the course 5 times in the past 8 years and do enjoy it.
                      Sounds interesting. Did not see this on their web site. Is it Monday the 23rd only? Unfortunately I am booked that day, otherwise I might try it.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Heard good things about the course and the culture of the club, might be worth looking into.

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 171,939   Posts: 1,795,782   Members: 46,888   Active Members: 313
                        Welcome to our newest member, GrayPower.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                        X