osprey valley V copper creek

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• osprey valley V copper creek

Hello TGN'rs,

A work friend has asked if id like to play one of these two courses in the coming weeks, and im just curious what your opinions on them are. Price isnt really the issue, just looking for which course has the most wow factor, enjoyable layout etc.

all input is appreciated

Personally, while both are great I would give Copper Creek the nod, especially with Fall colours. That said, Osprey Heathlands , the original, my fav and best IMO, is a really great course.....

Cant go wrong with either choice
    Last edited by Weirfan; Oct 2, 2019, 08:37 PM.
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Copper may have a more "wow" factor due to dramatic holes like #4 and #10 and it's a solid golf course. I don't love the finishing holes but their are very few if any bad holes. Great clubhouse and food. For me Osprey Hoot is a better golf course with more holes that are fun to play/original layouts and a very secluded atmosphere that's not easy to find in the GTA. Clubhouse and food are ok.
      Copper is more of a corporate golf experience vs Osprey is a true golfers paradise. That's the way I look at the two courses.

Comment

Have not heard much since the last post in the "Copper Creek for Sale" thread back in 2016, when it was thought to only have a couple of more years left. Based on that rumour, I would definitely go Copper especially this time of year check out the photos in that thread, should be easily enough for you to chose to go there.
        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Copper everytime
          Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

flip a coin but I'd probably go to CC at this time for better amenities and unknown future

Comment

I'd go Copper for a one-off, but if I were to choose a facility to visit every day, it would be Osprey. Agree with pudubny that Copper has a more corporate vibe. I don't care at all about the clubhouse when I visit a course, so whatever Copper has going on doesn't interest me at all.

Comment

copper creek over Osprey if you have one round to have a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                  Have not heard much since the last post in the "Copper Creek for Sale" thread back in 2016, when it was thought to only have a couple of more years left. Based on that rumour, I would definitely go Copper especially this time of year check out the photos in that thread, should be easily enough for you to chose to go there.
                  Status of leaves? WHats the anticipated # of balls lost adjacent to fairway/ green

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonaid View Post

Status of leaves? WHats the anticipated # of balls lost adjacent to fairway/ green
                    I don't think leaves will be an issue for a couple weeks yet.mI live at a similar line North and leaves are still mostly on the trees....my birch trees are losing some, but very few off my maples and oak.

Also, most mid to high end courses blow the leaves off so again, in early Fall don't see a major issue at all.

if that is a concern....Heathlands is the course to play....
                    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Maybe better spend the money on golf lessons or at Hakim then.
                      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

Maybe better spend the money on golf lessons or at Hakim then.
                        snark not necessary

Comment

snark not necessary
                          So exactly when was it you played the course with the conditions that bad.?

Comment

snark not necessary
                            Congratulations! You've just had an encounter with 4underthru9! Serving up unsolicited opinions and off-topic remarks since June 23, 2011! Just remember, he's "Looking 4 Something to do."

Comment

Osprey Heathlands as this is a real test of golf. And Hoot at Osprey for a real fun challenge. CC is a great track, but has too many "yawn" holes. Just consider that the coming weeks will have many "BLIF" moments with leaves down - Ball Lost in Fairway.
                              Either ones - can't go wrong. Enjoy.
                              No good deed goes unpunished.
                              A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X