Collapse

Conditions at Osprey?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditions at Osprey?

Considering playing Osprey this week! Has anyone played recently? Just wondering how the conditions are right now...thanks!

Cant comment on conditions but I just reached out to TPC and their fall rate will be $79 starting October 15th - there will not be a deal on play all day. However there will be a replay rate of $35 which is transferrable to the other courses.
    It that a Titleist?

Comment

Played Hoot on Saturday afternoon. Conditioning was excellent as usual. They had closed the course last week for a tree survey and a lot of the pines around the green on the second and some along the left side of the fairway on the third are now flagged. Wondering if they are due for some felling over winter.

Comment

Originally posted by ShanksMcDuck View Post
        Cant comment on conditions but I just reached out to TPC and their fall rate will be $79 starting October 15th - there will not be a deal on play all day. However there will be a replay rate of $35 which is transferrable to the other courses.
        Well dang it. I was hoping it would be in effect on Friday, and little sad the upgrade isn't free.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneBarnes View Post

Well dang it. I was hoping it would be in effect on Friday, and little sad the upgrade isn't free.
          They have to pay for that shiny new clubhouse somehow....

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

They have to pay for that shiny new clubhouse somehow....
            Yup. Suppose I shouldn't be so surprised.

Comment

Does the replay rate of $35 include taxes and the cart?

Comment

Originally posted by Toughpar3 View Post

Does the replay rate of $35 include taxes and the cart?
                I suggest that you call the club directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

I suggest that you call the club directly.
                  maybe ShanksMcDuck can comment further as he already called

I don't plan to play Osprey anytime soon but others who are could be interested to know. I agree with the implied sentiment though - too many people these days are alergic to actually making a call and talking to people, I'm not one of those people

Comment

I don't plan to play Osprey anytime soon but others who are could be interested to know. I agree with the implied sentiment though - too many people these days are alergic to actually making a call and talking to people, I'm not one of those people
                    Agreed. There's no point in requesting and getting second-hand information when first-hand information is only a phone call away.

Comment

I can't comment if it does or not, I only messaged them on Instagram (LOL, yes I didn't call... couldn't be bothered since I wasn't making a tee time at the time) since I had not heard anything about fall rates. I doubt it includes tax... But if it doesn't it would be $39.55 per extra 18 holes. I doubt anyone playing in a group larger than two golfers would be able to finish all three courses at this time of year.

I am going to play there tomorrow morning (North at 8:30 then hoping to play Heathlands around 1pm). Will update here about conditions after I have played.
                      It that a Titleist?

Comment

I can't comment if it does or not, I only messaged them on Instagram (LOL, yes I didn't call... couldn't be bothered since I wasn't making a tee time at the time) since I had not heard anything about fall rates. I doubt it includes tax... But if it doesn't it would be $39.55 per extra 18 holes. I doubt anyone playing in a group larger than two golfers would be able to finish all three courses at this time of year.

I am going to play there tomorrow morning (North at 8:30 then hoping to play Heathlands around 1pm). Will update here about conditions after I have played.
                        Great playing with you again today
                        How did you like the Heathlands

Comment

Originally posted by Over The Top View Post

Great playing with you again today
                          How did you like the Heathlands
                          Yes, great playing with you as well.

TPC North and Heathlands are playing excellent. I am sure Hoot is as well, but I couldn't get out for a third round today. I would even say that they are in mid summer form right now even though its fall. Greens were a bit slow with the dew this morning but sped up as the morning went on. Fairways in great shape, fescue has been cut down but I think that just helps us out. Definitely worth the price. Fall rates next week after the long weekend so definitely take advantage if you can get out there.

Preferred the North over Heathlands. North had great open fairways, but tough greens and approach shots. Wind was a factor today on both courses. Wasn't super impressed with the front nine on Heathlands, #1, #2, #3 and #9 were the best, the others seemed meh. The back nine was nicer imo. Started off with a nice par 3 over water, hole 11 is superb, 14, 15, 16, 17 is a nice little stretch of golf holes with some slick greens and collars.
                          It that a Titleist?

Comment

Greens on The North this morning were fairly fast and rolling well, especially for this time of year.

Comment

Greens on the Hoot were very National like on Sunday. I'm guessing around 12. Fastest I have ever experienced at Osprey. Took a few holes to get used to the speed. Luckily, I holed 9 putts between 10 and 15 feet. Wish they were this speed every day!
                              Driver: Ping 10*
                              Wood: Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood
                              Irons: Accuform PTM (3 - PW)
                              Hybrid: TaylorMade 3 (OUT - had enough, make me an offer)
                              Wedges: Cleveland 54* & 60*, TaylorMade 52*
                              Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Two "The Art of Putting"
                              Bag: Ogio Ultra light
                              Balls: Pro v1 / TaylorMade Red

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X