Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Courses Still Open (2019)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SDGC View Post
    St.Davids & Queenston in Niagara are open
    $15 for 9 Weekdays or $17 for 9 Weekends
    *Gas carts going out at St.Davids today, hopefully in a few days at Queenston too.
    365 days a year as long as no white stuff!

    Comment


    • Family 'emergency' prevented me from getting out today. Thankfully my playing partner was sympathetic. Based on the forecast looks like the clubs will now have to be put away.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SDGC View Post
        St.Davids & Queenston in Niagara are open
        $15 for 9 Weekdays or $17 for 9 Weekends
        *Gas carts going out at St.Davids today, hopefully in a few days at Queenston too.
        Curious to know....on a nice weekday winter, snow free day in January, do these places get really busy, or is it worth the drive from Toronto?

        Keen on possibly going, but not if having lengthy waits for shots or at the turn.

        I suppose they would be less busy on a cold, sub zero windy day....which would be OK by me.

        Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

          Curious to know....on a nice weekday winter, snow free day in January, do these places get really busy, or is it worth the drive from Toronto?

          Keen on possibly going, but not if having lengthy waits for shots or at the turn.

          I suppose they would be less busy on a cold, sub zero windy day....which would be OK by me.
          There is allways Annandale in the east .

          Comment


          • Originally posted by nearace View Post

            There is allways Annandale in the east .
            Isn't 4-Seasons also open year round ?
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

            Comment


            • Originally posted by nearace View Post

              There is allways Annandale in the east .
              I am already a regular there. Played twice last week and would have gone again but caught some virus.

              Would be nice to have an alternative, and I would imagine the conditions at the Niagara courses are probably way better than Annandale.

              Have also been to Four Seasons. They are on higher elevation and get a bit more snow than Annandale, which tends to stay longer, and, from previous experience, it can often be "call before you come out".

              Interestingly, I used to go cross country skiing at Pleasure Valley, just a few kilometres north of 4Ss, many -many years ago. It was the best nearest place to Toronto for cross country skiing. It eventually closed down for inconsistent snow conditions.

              Strange, I never though I would ever be travelling into that same locale for winter golf. Chalk it up to climate change?

              Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

                Isn't 4-Seasons also open year round ?
                Its been a long time since i went there,i assume its still open.

                Comment


                • Niagara is snow and ice covered now

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

                    Curious to know....on a nice weekday winter, snow free day in January, do these places get really busy, or is it worth the drive from Toronto?

                    Keen on possibly going, but not if having lengthy waits for shots or at the turn.

                    I suppose they would be less busy on a cold, sub zero windy day....which would be OK by me.
                    I'm new to the area but based on what i saw the the past few couple nice days after the snow melted off, its busy but not group on every hole busy. maybe 4 or 5 groups on the 9 hole course.

                    of note is they don't book tee times its line up to start once your group is all there

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Richd View Post

                      I'm new to the area but based on what i saw the the past few couple nice days after the snow melted off, its busy but not group on every hole busy. maybe 4 or 5 groups on the 9 hole course.

                      of note is they don't book tee times its line up to start once your group is all there
                      Thanks for this.

                      Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

                      Comment


                      • Camisle in Burlington has an honesty box to drop cash payment ($25) in if nobody is there. 9 rough holes but real greens.

                        Comment


                        • So... 5 degrees on Sunday? Anywhere that might open and perhaps not be covered in snow?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by HackGolfing View Post
                            Camisle in Burlington has an honesty box to drop cash payment ($25) in if nobody is there. 9 rough holes but real greens.
                            Thats neat ! I've used driving ranges with that in effect. Several years ago played a little par 3 in Thorburny where it was either free or had a donation box.
                            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

                              Thats neat ! I've used driving ranges with that in effect. Several years ago played a little par 3 in Thorburny where it was either free or had a donation box.
                              Tomahawk I believe.

                              Comment


                              • Dragon's Fire course is open this weekend, December 13th to 15th.

                                Comment


                                Join The TGN Email List

                                Collapse

                                Recently Joined

                                Collapse

                                Topics: 173,534   Posts: 1,814,846   Members: 47,103   Active Members: 174
                                Welcome to our newest member, Jiceman.

                                Today's Birthdays

                                Collapse

                                PGA Leaderboard

                                Collapse


                                TGN Sponsors

                                Working...
                                X