Clear All

• Spring Creek Golf Clubhouse

Interesting history here

Click image for larger version

Name:	spring creek history.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	582.3 KB
ID:	3066034

Played it for the 1st time back in August....wouldn't rush back.... Click image for larger version

Name:	sc.PNG
Views:	606
Size:	328.1 KB
ID:	3066075
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
      Played it for the 1st time back in August....wouldn't rush back.... Click image for larger version  Name:	sc.PNG Views:	0 Size:	328.1 KB ID:	3066075
      I remember you posting that. And mentioning that the round was 'slow'. You must have played on a 'club/league night' or something similar. When I go there it is usually late on a weekend and I have been able to get around very quickly.

Have to admit, I did not get there at all this year, so cannot comment on course conditions for 2019.

Apart from the final hole, I do find the lay-out quite nice for a 9 hole 'executive'. Particularly enjoy #8 a short par 3 over water, to a narrow(ish) green, surrounded by bunkers and trees. Little margin for error.

Not sure if it is still the original owner who played professional hockey in Holland, with an ex-teammate of mine, and who is responsible for the architectural features used in constructing the clubhouse and the antique furniture inside it.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

I remember you posting that. And mentioning that the round was 'slow'. You must have played on a 'club/league night' or something similar. When I go there it is usually late on a weekend and I have been able to get around very quickly.

Have to admit, I did not get there at all this year, so cannot comment on course conditions for 2019.

Apart from the final hole, I do find the lay-out quite nice for a 9 hole 'executive'. Particularly enjoy #8 a short par 3 over water, to a narrow(ish) green, surrounded by bunkers and trees. Little margin for error.

Not sure if it is still the original owner who played professional hockey in Holland, with an ex-teammate of mine, and who is responsible for the architectural features used in constructing the clubhouse and the antique furniture inside it.
        Yes Corky still owns it but we're selling it now.

Comment

Originally posted by davepratt View Post

When did it come on the market ?

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post

When did it come on the market ?
            Tuesday

Comment

Yeah, he is around the age when he would be thinking of 'slowing down'.

What are the chances that it will remain a golf course?

Comment

Yeah, he is around the age when he would be thinking of 'slowing down'.

What are the chances that it will remain a golf course?
                100%. It's in the greenbelt.

Comment

100%. It's in the greenbelt.
                  That's a relief. I wondered because as you know there is a already a small subdivision on its southern border.

Comment

That's a relief. I wondered because as you know there is a already a small subdivision on its southern border.
                    Yup. He severed off those 10 lots before the greenbelt designation.

Comment

Late on a Saturday afternoon -- after playing 18 at The Quarry -- on the 'long way' home

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post

Late on a Saturday afternoon -- after playing 18 at The Quarry -- on the 'long way' home
                        So was the issue slow play, course conditions, lay-out, value for money or how it compared to the Quarry? Or a combination?

Comment

So was the issue slow play, course conditions, lay-out, value for money or how it compared to the Quarry? Or a combination?
                          Slow play -- the twosome in front of me played the first 3 holes, then went back to the first hole, so I did that as well. Then I played 2 balls for all 9 holes. Seemed to work

Comment

The original owner retired and 'sold' to his son.

And this is now just over 38 months since the passing of the last person to have previously posted on this thread the 'Big Shooter'.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X