Collapse

Winter Practice Facilities

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Practice Facilities

I would appreciate any suggestions about winter practice facilities in the west end of the city. Thanks

One of the best is Faraway Greens in Burlington. Great facility with great owners!!!

Comment

I really like the set-up at Swing Lounge Golf near Sherway Gardens --- a little pricey as it is a Sim -- apparently they are also a sponsor here on TGN
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by BPBGolf View Post
        I would appreciate any suggestions about winter practice facilities in the west end of the city. Thanks
        Modern Golf would love to have you in for a visit. We've recently open a new golf academy and have 4 bays equipped with Trackman for use (soon to be up to 8). We've got extended hours all winter and require only 24 hours advanced booking notice. We have an elite group of coaches on staff and a great putting green. Packages start as low as $400 for trackman sessions. Send us a message at info@moderngolf.ca - we do free swing evaluations on weekends for you to meet our coaching team if your interested.

Comment

As mentioned before, having lots of fun @ The Golfers Academy if Burlington isn't too west end for you. Great setup, lots of TM4 bays and recently the latest software update too.

Comment

Anything closer to the York Region/Barrie area.

Ideally around King, Bradford, Newmarket Aurora Vaughan or Barrie

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post
              Anything closer to the York Region/Barrie area.

Ideally around King, Bradford, Newmarket Aurora Vaughan or Barrie
              Jasonp Northswing Golf Lounge in Barrie is about a year old. They started with 3 HD sims and recently added 2 more I believe. I follow them on Instagram and they look like a nice little spot.
              What's in the bag?
              TM M2
              Cobra F6 fairway woods and irons
              PING Sigma G Putter
              Les Grossman: "I'm talking G5. Playa, playa"

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out and see which one works for me.

Comment

I rather hit the ball outdoors in a heated bay than at a screen, I have not been to Ninth Line Family Golf Academy but I will make an attempt once a month at least. If anyone has been in the heated bay, if you could tell me how to dress, how many layers, how much warmth do the bays give out? gloves needed?
                  In the bag:
                  -TaylorMade R15 driver/ aldila nv 2kxv 65g x-stiff
                  -Cleveland Classic 3 Wood strong 14*
                  -TaylorMade Burner 2.0 5-PW irons
                  -Nike Vr 58, 54, 52 deg. wedge
                  -Custom milled putter from 303SS

Comment

The Ninth Line Family Golf Academy in Mississauga is awesome and has great staff and owners also. The range faces I believe NE so if the wind is coming from that direction it will be cold but most other directions it is comfy. Ball are fairly good and matts are reasonably new. Heaters project good heat. Paul and his Dad do a great job and Paul is an awesome teacher. As goes for dress. I always put on layers and shed as I get into the bucket. Give them a try, you wont be disappointed. See you there.

Comment

I went to Ninth Line last year around the back end of winter and while it was nice hitting outside there were some major negatives I should mention.

If there is a lot of snow the bays could flood, be very wet/muddy and even icy. Not exactly fun to get to if you're at a far bay with a bag on your back.

Depending on the weather you may not even see any of your shots if there is snow on the ground and it's cloudy outside.

The wind, if you have a head wind you'll need to crank the heat and layer up, if the wind changes you'll be stripping off layers and turning the heat down. It could happen throughout your bucket.

Honestly if I had to deal with that again I'll just go inside and hit into a simulator, but if the weather is decent a place like Ninth Line is a very good option.
                      Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
                      3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
                      3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
                      Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
                      Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
                      Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
                      TP5X 2024
                      Ghost Katana

Comment

Tees Indoor Golf is another Mississauga location (Collegeway and Ridgeway) that uses AboutGOLF sims.

Comment

This thread makes me actually miss Launch... despite the crap balls and run down facility.. the prices weren’t bad and at least you could see the ball flight.

Living north of the GTA, I’m in the same boat as Jasonp

Comment

Originally posted by xXgunnrXx View Post
                            This thread makes me actually miss Launch... despite the crap balls and run down facility.. the prices weren’t bad and at least you could see the ball flight.

Living north of the GTA, I’m in the same boat as Jasonp
                            Yup. Stinks lol. Going to peak performance with a buddy tomorrow. Will report back

Comment

Does anyone play in the winter golf leagues at these places with sims? Is it worthwhile and can you join as a single player?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X