Collapse

Membership at TPC Toronto/Osprey

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
    Really Good deal for Hockley but its a tough walk so most have to consider a cart fee each time they play. Not sure if they have a cart membership too ,otherwise a minimum $2000 more if you play 100x
    From their site:

Membership Advantages:
    • One month advanced booking privileges
    • Membership with Golf Canada
    • Use of shared power cart included.
    • 25% discount on golf shop clothing, 10% on all golf equipment (does not include sale items)
    • 10% discount at all F&B outlets for you and your guests (excluding alcohol)
    • Resort wide signing privileges
    • 20% green fee discount for accompanied guests
    • Complimentary use of pools, fitness centre, shower/change room facilities
    I assume if you are playing as a single there isn't an additional charge for cart. For completion sake, Caledon also says shared cart included and assume Kaneff does as I think they are cart mandatory.

Of course, I don't think Hockley, Kaneff or Caledon have much of a "member culture" in regards to finding games and its more of a public play spot. So probably for any of these you would want to join with some friends or close to a regular group. I may be wrong as I don't know any members at any of these, but that's from feel of having been to each of them and there isn't much chatter of such an atmostphere on here.

Osprey seems to have built that a bit having been offering theirs for a few years now. I would think to MichaelR 's point Woodington would have more of that too, along with some more "private" benefits that he listed.

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post

When I played at Hockley (not for a while, thank god) I was always told it was cart mandatory.
      I could not imagine anyone walking at Hockley Valley. Most of he course is above the ski slopes...

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

I could not imagine anyone walking at Hockley Valley. Most of he course is above the ski slopes...
        I walked most of it anyway (sharing a cart with my FiL who smokes). It's worth a play once a year in the fall when the leaves are nice...other than that, that land is better used as a very mediocre ski hill
        What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
        TM Rescue 17*
        TM M2 4-AW
        TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
        Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

I have walked it many times but that was in the early days of the course ( early 90's) and I was much younger. The most recent few times times I took a cart and always a cart in the tourneys there.

Seem to recall carts were mandatory on weekends but not always. They might have since made it all carts all the time, not sure its been a good 6-10 years that I have been there.

Caledon, formerly Chinguacousey was another one we always walked and not the easiest.
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

I have walked it many times but that was in the early days of the course ( early 90's) and I was much younger. The most recent few times times I took a cart and always a cart in the tourneys there.

Seem to recall carts were mandatory on weekends but not always. They might have since made it all carts all the time, not sure its been a good 6-10 years that I have been there.

Caledon, formerly Chinguacousey was another one we always walked and not the easiest.
            Makes sense as i think they said it was a pace of play thing.

I have walked Caledon many times and agree it's a good hike. Luckily it gets easier as you go...once you come down the big hill on 14 there aren't too many more big/steep uphills to deal with. There are also a number of shortcuts and bag drops that make it easier.
            What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
            TM Rescue 17*
            TM M2 4-AW
            TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
            Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelR View Post

In the same spirit, and as Osprey is reportedly full: further comparison is Woodington Lakes, which on the website gets you 2 courses for $3699 full and $2899 weekday (power cart membership a further $1000) all plus applicable taxes. Includes Legend and Legacy courses, short range, lockers and club storage.

Osprey is full. I've been hoping for a spot to open up since last spring.
              In The Bag

Driver: Ben Hogan
              Woods: Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead 3 & 5
              Irons: Callaway Big Bertha X-14 Graphite RCH99 Strong Flex
              Putter: Odyssey DualForce 660
              Bag: Nike
              Ball: Wilson Staff PX3

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianPilot View Post

Osprey is full. I've been hoping for a spot to open up since last spring.
                AFIK, they capped this year at 200, which is down from 235 last year.

So, I doubt there will be any openings before next year, and even then may be doubtful.

Comment

TPC-OV announced their 2022 rates for members. No major changes.

Very modest price increases from 2021. $4900 plus HST for 7-day, and $3650 plus HST for 5-day.

1-round-per day policy still in effect.

Cart fees have increased to $25 (from $18) plus HST per rider.

Returning members must provide a deposit by January 21.

I suspect that many members will return, therefore there will probably be very few (if any) spots made available to new members.

Comment

TPC-OV announced their 2022 rates for members. No major changes.

Very modest price increases from 2021. $4900 plus HST for 7-day, and $3650 plus HST for 5-day.

1-round-per day policy still in effect.

Cart fees have increased to $25 (from $18) plus HST per rider.

Returning members must provide a deposit by January 21.

I suspect that many members will return, therefore there will probably be very few (if any) spots made available to new members.
                    Thanks for the info. When the time comes if you happen to hear how many new slots do free up would be nice to know, just to gauge the rate at which the waitlist does (or does not) move year over year. I know a one year sample does not mean following years would follow suit but it is a data point nonetheless. I presume that any invites to join would likely happen around early February. Also somewhat surprised the rates did not go up more, so another positive point to the mgmt at TPC-OV that shows they have a long term view of their facility. I am planning to book more Public Player rounds there this year and get a handful on each course over the season.

Comment

Originally posted by pendlebg View Post

Thanks for the info. When the time comes if you happen to hear how many new slots do free up would be nice to know, just to gauge the rate at which the waitlist does (or does not) move year over year. I know a one year sample does not mean following years would follow suit but it is a data point nonetheless. I presume that any invites to join would likely happen around early February. Also somewhat surprised the rates did not go up more, so another positive point to the mgmt at TPC-OV that shows they have a long term view of their facility. I am planning to book more Public Player rounds there this year and get a handful on each course over the season.
                      No worries. I doubt that anyone outside of TPC-OV management will be made aware of how many slots are available for new members. I have heard unofficial rumours of two scenarios. The first is that the membership will remain capped at 200, and that slots created by attrition will be filled from the waiting list. The second is that attrition will reduce the memberships, but they will not be filled from the waiting list until at least 2023. I have no idea if either of these are likely to happen. However, I strongly doubt that the membership count will be increased beyond 200, at least for 2022.

Comment

No worries. I doubt that anyone outside of TPC-OV management will be made aware of how many slots are available for new members. I have heard unofficial rumours of two scenarios. The first is that the membership will remain capped at 200, and that slots created by attrition will be filled from the waiting list. The second is that attrition will reduce the memberships, but they will not be filled from the waiting list until at least 2023. I have no idea if either of these are likely to happen. However, I strongly doubt that the membership count will be increased beyond 200, at least for 2022.
                        Yes I presume it to be a multiple year wait, which is fine although sooner would obviously be better. At least I can still pay to play whenever I want since I have pretty good flexibility on when I can tee off throughout the week and can stay away from the most popular times.

Comment

Big changes announced earlier this week.

The membership structure is basically gone, replaced with a Preferred Player programme available only to 2022 members.

No more advanced tee times or any other member benefits (such as they were).

The new programme amounts to paying a fee to get a standard discount on green fees and clubhouse merchandise. In short, just a glorified discount pass. Very disappointing.

Comment

The membership structure is basically gone, replaced with a Preferred Player programme available only to 2022 members.

The new programme amounts to paying a fee to get a standard discount on green fees and clubhouse merchandise. In short, just a glorified discount pass. Very disappointing.
                            So basically back to really just public golf, no more members or benefits for any loyal member that has been there for the last few years ???
                            Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
                            Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
                            Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
                            Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
                            Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
                            Pro V1x Left Dash
                            Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
                            Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

That sucks for people like you who were members.

Comment

Originally posted by hannah View Post

So basically back to really just public golf, no more members or benefits for any loyal member that has been there for the last few years ???
                                Since the beginning.

Imagine, booking tee-times at the same time as the general public. Oh, the humanity...

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X