/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Best Stay and Play Options Near GTA

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Stay and Play Options Near GTA

Does anyone have any suggestions for Stay and Play packages near the GTA? I usually do one a year with a group and just wondering if anyone has any recommendations (good course and good value are priorities). In the past we have done:
    - Cobble Beach
    - Rocky Crest
    - Lake Joseph

Originally posted by mustangs10 View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions for Stay and Play packages near the GTA? I usually do one a year with a group and just wondering if anyone has any recommendations (good course and good value are priorities). In the past we have done:
    - Cobble Beach
    - Rocky Crest
    - Lake Joseph
    None of those are going to be cheap options....then again not many are

I do two each summer with the boyz, Collingwood and Smugglers Glen, neither is what I would call inexpensive either but likely less than your list. We keep going to Collingwood for 3 days as it's under 2 hours and its a BIG party weekend so there is zero driving required other than there and back. Smugglers for the location as its central to our group....accommodations are rustic but waterfront and we love the course.

Niagara Falls, Quinte, Nottawasaga Inn, Sudbury areas all have S&P than might offer better value.
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

None of those are going to be cheap options....then again not many are

I do two each summer with the boyz, Collingwood and Smugglers Glen, neither is what I would call inexpensive either but likely less than your list. We keep going to Collingwood for 3 days as it's under 2 hours and its a BIG party weekend so there is zero driving required other than there and back. Smugglers for the location as its central to our group....accommodations are rustic but waterfront and we love the course.

Niagara Falls, Quinte, Nottawasaga Inn, Sudbury areas all have S&P than might offer better value.
      Thanks..... Interesting, Ill definitely look linto Collingwood. Ya its definitely a bonus if theres a good time to be had apres-golf.

Cobble beach we got an underpar voucher for last year so the value was really good. But agreed the Muskokas are a little overrated and overprice imo

Comment

My preference is Muskoka Golf.

However in the GTA:
        1. Wooden Sticks has cabins for stay and play.
        2. Now Royal Ashburn has announced that it also has Butler style cabins for a stay and play option.
        3. An overlooked option is to stay at the Briars which allows access to their course.
        4. And of course there are plenty of hotels/inns in the Caledon area, close by to TPC Osprey Valley.

I do understand that there are mixed views regarding the first two of the above courses and that R.A. is not exactly a destination course. But they are options.
        Last edited by Arthur Dailey; Feb 18, 2020, 11:26 PM.

Comment

This same ? gets asked every year for value you cant beat Bellville Trillium,Timber Ridge & Black Bear or choose your courses @2nights stay at Howard Johnston with breakfast it use too be bad but breakfast is ok now our 3rd year $260 + extras which is $25 for replay& Dinner if they even charge and we always went out for Dinner Bellville tourism made all Tee times early for us ,we had option to upgrade hotel but HJ is just fine walking distance or short drive too great food

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 175,991   Posts: 1,846,229   Members: 47,520   Active Members: 263
          Welcome to our newest member, bestbloger.
          Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
          X