/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Dues Situation

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dues Situation

Wanted to create a thread so we can post up how various courses are handing dues that are due for 2020.

I’m sure if courses open by May there will be not an issue as we could have had a cold or rainy April either way but if it goes beyond May I wonder if courses will not collect or refund dues. Fitness Clubs have taken the approach to not collect dues during this time. While I understand Golf courses still have to do some maintenance to keep the course from being over run I wonder how this will shake out

I'm a member at Bear Creek just outside of Barrie. I have already paid for my membership and mens night fee's. I'm not worried what so ever as the owner, Drew has always been a honest, fair and just a stand up person. His staff seems to follow the example he sets.
    Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
    3W - Taylormade M4
    5 wood - Callaway X Hot
    4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
    Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
    Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Have paid & debated with others as I'm of the mind that Private clubs are in by far the best position as they have our money & sitting in the bank collecting interest, with little overhead right now.

They will if it drags into June & beyond do something, but right now I expect they are in no rush to get the course ready.

Personally I want when open standard 9-10 minutes between foursomes, a very strong adherence to ready golf, allow the faster foursomes out first & POP to be 3:45.

Don't rush at all to open the course is the best medicine for all.

Comment

The longer we wait the better shape the courses will be in also.
        " the only shots you can be dead sure of are those you've had already."

WHATS IN THE BAG

Ping I20 9.5 stiff
        Sonartec 2.5 3/5 woods
        Mcgregor hybrids 3,4,5
        Ping i20
        MacGregor response
        Snickers tour bag
        Pro V1

Comment

I paid my dues last fall. I'm sure that the club will do the right thing.
          This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by golfingtime View Post
            Have paid & debated with others as I'm of the mind that Private clubs are in by far the best position as they have our money & sitting in the bank collecting interest, with little overhead right now.

They will if it drags into June & beyond do something, but right now I expect they are in no rush to get the course ready.

Personally I want when open standard 9-10 minutes between foursomes, a very strong adherence to ready golf, allow the faster foursomes out first & POP to be 3:45.

Don't rush at all to open the course is the best medicine for all.
            I think that moving forward, foursomes should be suspended at most clubs. In other countries where the courses remain open, they have moved to a twosome as the largest group. I know that it isn’t what people are used to, but in terms of the optics of playing golf, it needs to adhere to social distancing.

I worry that if courses open, people will gather in their usual Men’s Night routine and then the courses will be forced to close once more. Golf needs to become a solitary pursuit if it is to have any chance of becoming a viable option in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
              I paid my dues last fall. I'm sure that the club will do the right thing.
              See the earlier post from a TGNer at Kawartha Lakes and how that club handled an extended interruption in play last season. Defining the "right thing" is not an exact science, although I think it can be reduced to a mathematical calculation based on hard data.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBananaSlice View Post

I think that moving forward, foursomes should be suspended at most clubs. In other countries where the courses remain open, they have moved to a twosome as the largest group. I know that it isn’t what people are used to, but in terms of the optics of playing golf, it needs to adhere to social distancing.

I worry that if courses open, people will gather in their usual Men’s Night routine and then the courses will be forced to close once more. Golf needs to become a solitary pursuit if it is to have any chance of becoming a viable option in the near future.
                I disagree, the demand will be there once open (Privates in particular) and just need to keep them moving. It's easy to socially distance as a foursome. Only those incapable of walking get a cart, and ready golf. We already time golfers & give warnings, but our course (water only on one hole) can easily be played in 3:45, and that should be the POP until this passes.

That will mean also mean at our club the halfway house is closed (or you call when on the ninth tee & pick up at the turn) and no cart set up on #5/13 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post

See the earlier post from a TGNer at Kawartha Lakes and how that club handled an extended interruption in play last season. Defining the "right thing" is not an exact science, although I think it can be reduced to a mathematical calculation based on hard data.
                  I don't know where to find the earlier post to which you've made reference, but that's of no consequence since I agree with you that determining "the right thing" is not an exact science. I suspect, though, that I'll be able to recognize what isn't the right thing when, and if,I see it. I'm not going to worry about that until the issue arises. Hopefully, the issue will never arise and this question will remain moot.
                  Last edited by mpare; Apr 8, 2020, 05:57 AM.
                  This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by golfingtime View Post

I disagree, the demand will be there once open (Privates in particular) and just need to keep them moving. It's easy to socially distance as a foursome. Only those incapable of walking get a cart, and ready golf. We already time golfers & give warnings, but our course (water only on one hole) can easily be played in 3:45, and that should be the POP until this passes.

That will mean also mean at our club the halfway house is closed (or you call when on the ninth tee & pick up at the turn) and no cart set up on #5/13 too.
                    It’s not an issue of demand. It’s a safety and optics issue. If golf is to exist before other recreational activities, it needs to appear like it is doing everything it can to maintain social distancing protocols.

Having four people in a group from different households looks terrible on the game at the moment. Two guys is much easier to sell. One guy tees off while the other waits in the wings. On some tee boxes four guys aren’t going to have the space necessary to keep six feet apart from another. Plus, with four the likelihood of someone forgetting and reverting to the normal routine of “hanging out” is much more likely to occur.
                    Last edited by TheBananaSlice; Apr 2, 2020, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBananaSlice View Post

It’s not an issue of demand. It’s a safety and optics issue. If golf is to exist before other recreational activities, it needs to appear like it is doing everything it can to maintain social distancing protocols.

Having four people in a group from different household looks terrible on the game at the moment. Two guys is much easier to sell. One guy tees off while the other waits in the wings. On some tee boxes four guys aren’t going to have the space necessary to keep six feet apart from another. Plus, with four the likelihood of someone forgetting and reverting to the normal routine of “hanging out” is much more likely to occur.
                      Optics for sure. How does one say it's ok to golf when parks are closed. Can golf be done? I think so but it makes the overall message to the public inconsistent at best.
                      MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

Optics for sure. How does one say it's ok to golf when parks are closed. Can golf be done? I think so but it makes the overall message to the public inconsistent at best.
                        I might be concerned about vandalism at courses if that happens as well

Comment

So how did Kawartha end up handling that ? I think that was green damage if I remember correctly. Anyone got a note from their courses yet? Let’s keep this to a dues conversation not interested in whether golf should be open or not

Comment

Clublink's Directors of Golf at each course sent out a notice quite early(2 weeks ago) that courses would be opening later than usual. My wife and I pay our annuals on instalments because of unexpected events like this, or other events that may impair golf operations, I.e., bankruptcy, creditor protection, etc. We immediately phoned CL corporate to suspend our auto debits -we had made two payments at that time....no problem, no argument, no objections. I have no complaints with how CL has handled this so far and expect that they will be reasonable going forward. If they ask, I'll suggest that they employ a pro rata formula on dues and F&B minimums to arrive at a fair adjustment....as I said before: "It ain't rocket science."

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                              Clublink's Directors of Golf at each course sent out a notice quite early(2 weeks ago) that courses would be opening later than usual. My wife and I pay our annuals on instalments because of unexpected events like this, or other events that may impair golf operations, I.e., bankruptcy, creditor protection, etc. We immediately phoned CL corporate to suspend our auto debits -we had made two payments at that time....no problem, no argument, no objections. I have no complaints with how CL has handled this so far and expect that they will be reasonable going forward. If they ask, I'll suggest that they employ a pro rata formula on dues and F&B minimums to arrive at a fair adjustment....as I said before: "It ain't rocket science."
                              Interesting yeah it’s seems like the most likely strategy. I have GolfNorth and haven’t received anything from them yet

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 178,813   Posts: 1,876,828   Members: 48,174   Active Members: 449
                              Welcome to our newest member, dontchoke.
                              Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                              X