/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Dues Situation

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by High cut View Post

It's tricky.

F&B at most clubs is a close to break even deal so suggesting that is a big savings is incorrect, that said there is no way to justify charging minimums if the club never opes its dining room this year. Realistically, if the club never opens for play I would be upset still paying full dues but at the same time I understand there are still costs so I wouldn't expect a full refund.

If I was at a strongly for profit club (Clublink, Golf North) I would hope for close to if not a full refund. For smaller truly private clubs I'm thinking realistically maybe half back for no play and a little back for shortened season.... at most. I would prefer more but not sure if they can.
    By most clubs, I presume you mean most private clubs. At public or semi-private clubs, F&B makes as much money as any other restaurant or bar. How many golf clubs have you been in where the beer is cheaper than at a restaurant or bar? To be break even, they would have to charge no more than what it would cost you to go buy it yourself at the local store(or less as they get it wholesale).

Comment

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post

By most clubs, I presume you mean most private clubs. At public or semi-private clubs, F&B makes as much money as any other restaurant or bar. How many golf clubs have you been in where the beer is cheaper than at a restaurant or bar? To be break even, they would have to charge no more than what it would cost you to go buy it yourself at the local store(or less as they get it wholesale).
      I think we are talking overall cost for a private track not a public one or even say a ClubLink. I know many private courses struggle with it because they have to hire staff and such to make it feasible. Some even outsource it to stop it from being a loss for the club. Either way I think that goes away for the most part of there is no season so that cost shouldn’t be charged.

Comment

Originally posted by Tphilp View Post

I think the person mentioning that above was talking about the remainder of the curling season F&B which makes sense because they have already likely bought that stuff (assuming it was just March) I’m think most courses just won’t buy the food or hire the staff until they get some certainty about how this is all going to look.

as for the post above about weddings I think those are toast for the summer there is no way the provinces are going to sign off on large gatherings for a while my guess is anything 100 or more is a no go.

Curling members were advised that they could fulfill their F&B obligations over the course of the rest of the year. This was also before things had escalated to the point we are at now.

Comment

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post

Private for sure, and you would be surprised at the math. There is healthy margin when they sell you a beer or a meal but most private clubs actually do run break even at best. Staffing, spoilage, fixed overhead and misc. costs usually eat up all the profit made on sales. There is a lot more that goes into it than the direct cost of a bottle of beer.

There is a reason busy bars are good businesses but most go bankrupt over time, lots of overhead.

Comment

F&B is a lost leader at ALL golf clubs with the exception of those who do high volume weddings (Copper Creek as an example). There is just no way to make money even with minimums. Without minimums, most clubs wouldn’t even offer food. And public courses...yikes it’s not pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by TruthHurts View Post
              F&B is a lost leader at ALL golf clubs with the exception of those who do high volume weddings (Copper Creek as an example). There is just no way to make money even with minimums. Without minimums, most clubs wouldn’t even offer food. And public courses...yikes it’s not pretty.
              High end Public make money on liquor, tournaments and weddings. Privates have a minimum to ensure they may come close to breaking even.

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 177,143   Posts: 1,863,182   Members: 47,780   Active Members: 329
              Welcome to our newest member, Kickingdirt.
              Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
              X