/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Tobacco Road Golf Club

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewharvie View Post

It is a difficult track but I think the length actually compliments that well for not going "over the top." I am with you though. I'd take No. 2 down the road 10 times out of 10 over Tobacco Road.
    I love Pinehurst #2. It's probably one of my favourite courses.

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

It is a difficult track but I think the length actually compliments that well for not going "over the top." I am with you though. I'd take No. 2 down the road 10 times out of 10 over Tobacco Road.
      You could play Tobacco Road 2-3 times for the price of #2.
      King Cobra F9 10.5* Tour, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
      Cobra F8 5 wood 17*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F3
      Mizuno CLK 21*, Speeder Evolution HB 75 S
      Yonex Super Renkin Tour 4-pw, 24*-47*, stock S graphite
      Cobra MIM forged 50*, KBS Hi Rev 125 S

Ping Glide 1.0 ES 54.5*, CFS Wedge Flex
      Ping Eye 2+, 57.5*, KT-M S
      Ping Karsten Pal TR, 35"

"Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

You could play Tobacco Road 2-3 times for the price of #2.
        In my mind, Pinehurst No. 2 is at least 2-3 times the value of Tobacco Road!

Comment

In my mind, Pinehurst No. 2 is at least 2-3 times the value of Tobacco Road!
          For sure but they aren't even comparable other than the sand they are built on. Love em both for very different reasons. I mean if you're down there anyway why not play both. Or of TR isn't your style of track there are how many courses around Pinehurst as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Dnash13 View Post

For sure but they aren't even comparable other than the sand they are built on. Love em both for very different reasons. I mean if you're down there anyway why not play both. Or of TR isn't your style of track there are how many courses around Pinehurst as well?
            True. My point is more people saying Tobacco Road is better than No. 2, which I don't think it is. I would suggest playing both. Tobacco Road is a must play once. After that, it's all up to you if you want to return

Comment

I never would’ve thought that playing golf would be like going on a roller coaster ride. It was so much fun! Thanks again for the review, brought back good memories.

Comment

I played it three times, enjoyed it but many other great courses in Pinehurst area. A challenge to say the least

Comment

I haven't played it for many years now, but have probably played it 4 or 5 times. Can be a bit maddening, and some strange holes for sure. But definitely unique, and enjoyable.

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 177,132   Posts: 1,862,976   Members: 47,776   Active Members: 329
                  Welcome to our newest member, Vivian Salazar.
                  Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                  X