Collapse

Tobacco Road Golf Club

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewharvie View Post

It is a difficult track but I think the length actually compliments that well for not going "over the top." I am with you though. I'd take No. 2 down the road 10 times out of 10 over Tobacco Road.
    I love Pinehurst #2. It's probably one of my favourite courses.

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

It is a difficult track but I think the length actually compliments that well for not going "over the top." I am with you though. I'd take No. 2 down the road 10 times out of 10 over Tobacco Road.
      You could play Tobacco Road 2-3 times for the price of #2.
      In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
      Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
      TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
      TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
      PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
      TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
      Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
      TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

You could play Tobacco Road 2-3 times for the price of #2.
        In my mind, Pinehurst No. 2 is at least 2-3 times the value of Tobacco Road!

Comment

In my mind, Pinehurst No. 2 is at least 2-3 times the value of Tobacco Road!
          For sure but they aren't even comparable other than the sand they are built on. Love em both for very different reasons. I mean if you're down there anyway why not play both. Or of TR isn't your style of track there are how many courses around Pinehurst as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Dnash13 View Post

For sure but they aren't even comparable other than the sand they are built on. Love em both for very different reasons. I mean if you're down there anyway why not play both. Or of TR isn't your style of track there are how many courses around Pinehurst as well?
            True. My point is more people saying Tobacco Road is better than No. 2, which I don't think it is. I would suggest playing both. Tobacco Road is a must play once. After that, it's all up to you if you want to return

Comment

I never would’ve thought that playing golf would be like going on a roller coaster ride. It was so much fun! Thanks again for the review, brought back good memories.

Comment

I played it three times, enjoyed it but many other great courses in Pinehurst area. A challenge to say the least

Comment

I haven't played it for many years now, but have probably played it 4 or 5 times. Can be a bit maddening, and some strange holes for sure. But definitely unique, and enjoyable.

Comment

For those of you who have never played Tobacco Road, and for those of you who have, this Peter Finch video will scare the hell out of you or bring back pleasant memories, or both. I must be a masochist, as I want to go back.

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                      For those of you who have never played Tobacco Road, and for those of you who have, this Peter Finch video will scare the hell out of you or bring back pleasant memories, or both. I must be a masochist, as I want to go back.

I've played it three times as part of our Pinehurst area rota. I'm not a big fan.

Comment

Mike Stranz courses are always a bit quirky...first time around you will scratch your head and curse a lot. Second time it will be: "So, that is how you play this (these) holes. I get it now." ...as you come in 10 strokes less than your first round. About an hour west of Pinehurst in Ashboro, N.C. there is an outstanding Stranz course, Tot Hill Farm....it is worth the drive to play. But make it 36 holes....

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                          Mike Stranz courses are always a bit quirky...first time around you will scratch your head and curse a lot. Second time it will be: "So, that is how you play this (these) holes. I get it now." ...as you come in 10 strokes less than your first round. About an hour west of Pinehurst in Ashboro, N.C. there is an outstanding Stranz course, Tot Hill Farm....it is worth the drive to play. But make it 36 holes....
                          Tot Hill has new owners who hopefully will upgrade the conditions.

Comment

So many better options in the area above TR, the accessibility to private clubs also is a major plus in there.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post

I like quirky, I like visual, I like challenging. So I think I would like TR.

I would not shoot a good score but that would be okay.

I don't think I'd like it as an "every day" course.
                              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                              ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                              X