Collapse

Tarandowah Golf Course

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarandowah Golf Course

This Saturday I had the privilege to play this new course. I love it! Its amazing how Dr. Martin Hawtree was able to build a near perfect representation of a links style course in Southern Ontario.

Now that said the front nine is hard to score on do to the new greens. The Back nine gives you the true face of the course, the greens roll true and don't skate. The back nine was open last year.

Off the tee your sure to get into trouble if you select the wrong club. This is not a grip and rip course. The bunkers are always in play, but the sand is nice to hit out of. Now if you manage to spray it a bit you really don't have to worry to much. The fescue is not too thick to find your ball and hit out of. A very fair course from start to finish.

Its not a long course by any means, but that does not make it easy. There are only 2 par 5s, with the second one being a great hole. The mix of par 4s is fantastic. Some courses have a tendencey to have the same par 4 after another, but each of the par4s has its own personality.

I would say this course is the best bang for your buck in the province now!! Also very walkable.

The pro-shop/restaurent are very typical for this level of price nothting fancy but does the job nicely. Also the staff is very friendly. There is a driving range on site, which we didn't hit do to a lack of time. Getting used to going off cold, part of the job though.

Go for a drive and play you will not be disappointed.

Chris Gallow

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
X