Collapse

Cardinal/RedCrest

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

That hole was redone some years ago. The pond was established probably more than 10 or more years ago. It was a dumping ground for leaves for composting before that.

Tough hole. The center of the fairway close to the pond is narrow, and slopes into the pond. The pond extends into the fairway near the green, but that can't be seen from the 80 yards out on the fairway.

Play any tee you want....it is a tough hole.
    Ya, I think it's too tough for the generally easy course.

In fact, I think it's one of the toughest holes compared to other moderately easy golf courses, that I've ever played.

Doesn't fit the "character" of the course.

Same with #12, dumb hole. Blind tee shot, most people will lay up ~150 yds away
    Crazy stupid green, only usually manageable, because they keep the green so slow.

Is the swamp on #12 part of the course irrigation system ?

Comment

Originally posted by mstram View Post

Ya, I think it's too tough for the generally easy course.

In fact, I think it's one of the toughest holes compared to other moderately easy golf courses, that I've ever played.

Doesn't fit the "character" of the course.

Same with #12, dumb hole. Blind tee shot, most people will lay up ~150 yds away
      Crazy stupid green, only usually manageable, because they keep the green so slow.

Is the swamp on #12 part of the course irrigation system ?

That hole is closed right now. The sewage system installed under the ground there a few years ago is leaking and being dug up again to for repairs.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
        [/B]

That hole is closed right now. The sewage system installed under the ground there a few years ago is leaking and being dug up again to for repairs.
        it's actually open again now, but most of the central part is GuR, where they have dug up the fairway.

Comment

Originally posted by hbomb View Post

it's actually open again now, but most of the central part is GuR, where they have dug up the fairway.
          That's good to hear. Thought this was looking like a lengthy closure.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Played there a lot over the past 2 seasons, greens at Redcrest are fast and true. Considering they are limited in staff at this point, it's in great condition! Eastwing greens are great as well. Talked to a few of the turf staff and was very impressed by how things are at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by ZRoss81 View Post
              Played RedCrest last week. Course is in nice shape for the most part, a couple rough tee boxes but that's about it. Worth 120? not IMO. I will play it for 75 with a cart when I can. That being said its a nice course that is fun to play with some challenging holes.
              What would you recommend around $75 (weekdays) instead? I played Redcrest a few times around $100 and enjoyed it but would prefer something as good at $75. I am 60 and prefer walking so not too hilly!
              “No one has as much luck around the greens as one who practices a lot.”
              Chi Chi Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by johnthegolfer View Post

What would you recommend around $75 (weekdays) instead? I played Redcrest a few times around $100 and enjoyed it but would prefer something as good at $75. I am 60 and prefer walking so not too hilly!
                How far are you willing to drive? Watson's Glen, Silver Lakes, Upper Unionville (unsure of price), Hidden Lake New, Willow Valley, maybe Copetown Woods (tougher walk), Shawneeki (walk gets a bit challenging on the back), Crosswinds, Dragon's Fire, Granite Ridge Cobalt, Westview (but only the Homestead nine is a flat walk, the other two are quite hilly).

Comment

Silver lakes is good value and I don’t think there’s an easier walk anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by 12volt View Post
                    Silver lakes is good value and I don’t think there’s an easier walk anywhere
                    Unfortunately Silver Lakes is out as it is owned by Stan Cho's dad (Stan's my MPP and he's crooked as a $3 bill). I much prefer Redcrest over Shawneeki (too often the greens at the latter are almost unplayable, especially after weekends) but I should try Copetown and Watsons Glen another try. Westview always eats me up for some reason! Never tried Willow Valley or Crosswinds. Added to the 'give it a try' list.
                    Thanks
                    “No one has as much luck around the greens as one who practices a lot.”
                    Chi Chi Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by johnthegolfer View Post

Unfortunately Silver Lakes is out as it is owned by Stan Cho's dad (Stan's my MPP and he's crooked as a $3 bill). I much prefer Redcrest over Shawneeki (too often the greens at the latter are almost unplayable, especially after weekends) but I should try Copetown and Watsons Glen another try. Westview always eats me up for some reason! Never tried Willow Valley or Crosswinds. Added to the 'give it a try' list.
                      Thanks
                      I really like both Copetown and Willow. Only downside is they are a bit of a drive from North York. Crosswinds is nice too. Copetown is less walkable than the other two.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X