• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spinaltap View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200707_205153.jpg
Views:	1727
Size:	385.9 KB
ID:	3188206
    I've taken a second pic of the 13th tee box (blues). The second pic was taken 12 days apart from the first
    Glad to see its looking better. Headed up mid-August so hopefully its nicer then and we didn't waste our money on the Underpar and travelling.
    It that a Titleist?

Comment

Originally posted by Toughpar3 View Post

I have seen Trafalgar pre-GolfNorth and right at the start of it going GolfNorth and yes thats true IMO. Conditions take a nose dive. Ridge of Manitou use to be WORTH the drive for layout AND Conditions but the sense I'm getting from recent posts is its not worth it anymore. Unfortunate
      Would you expect the conditions to stay EXACTLY the same for HALF the price Trafalgar was when it was private?

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman1966 View Post
        I played The Ridge at Manitou this weekend and it was in the worst shape I have ever seen it. I play at least 4-5 times per year and I have never seen it this bad. They had no beverage cart even when the temp hit 31 degrees, and the half way house only opened after noon hour. I notch this to a typical golf north managed golf course. This golf course will be trash by the end of the year because they are the worst management team to ever manage a golf course. Every course they touch goes to hell in a hand basket within one season. Stay away from The ridge this year as you will be extremely disappointed!!!
        You really need to open your eyes... you have no idea of issues that arise out of no where- especially in the middle of a global pandemic in a drought with an extreme heat wave.... I'm the Super of a GolfNorth course near London, and I can say for damn sure we did not "go to hell in a hand basket".... our course is the best it has ever been, and wouldn't be anywhere close without GolfNorth stepping in.
        Last edited by Arthur21; Jul 10, 2020, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I hate to be the voice of reason. But...Ridge at Manitou conditioning has been a joke for the last 2 years. This is by no means a Golf North issue, it’s a previous ownership issue. Most overrated golf course in Muskoka

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur21 View Post

You really need to open your eyes... you have no idea of issues that arise out of no where- especially in the middle of a global pandemic in a drought with an extreme heat wave.... I'm the Super of a GolfNorth course near London, and I can say for damn sure we did not "go to hell in a hand basket".... our course is the best it has ever been, and wouldn't be anywhere close without GolfNorth stepping in.
            You (first post mind you) and surette23 back GN and I understand where you are coming from. Many of the course they own or have taken over were distressed and probably would not exist if not for GN.

I haven't been there this year, but obviously there are issues at ROM. As explained earlier, not all GN's fault.

Personally, I have no problem with most GN courses when looking at value to conditioning.

They took over Salmon Arm out here and it was in great shape when I played it.

Comment

Originally posted by TruthHurts View Post
              I hate to be the voice of reason. But...Ridge at Manitou conditioning has been a joke for the last 2 years. This is by no means a Golf North issue, it’s a previous ownership issue. Most overrated golf course in Muskoka
              im not sure what course you're talking about the Ridge was in immaculate condition for all of last season...shall I post the pictures from last year to prove it? I mean I only played had a dozen rounds on the course last year. I'm not sure what happened after thanksgiving as the Super did leave before closing so maybe they didn't prep for the winter properly.

I agree, it was a gong show when it comes to the liqour licence last year. But actual course conditions were perfect all the way up until thanksgiving weekend when it closed. This years conditions were horrendous, but there is a legit reason for it, so I'll save my judgment about Golf North's management of the property until I return in early August.

Comment

I played over 100 rounds there last year and the course was in fantastic shape every one of them. Can you please be more specific about what you didn’t like with the conditions?

They have been laying the water down and in the two weeks I’ve been here, there has been a big improvement. Still a long way to go, but I am still holding out hope for a return to last years conditions.

Comment

"Most overrated golf course in Muskoka"

Do you play golf blindfolded by chance? I mean, the truth must really hurt...

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post

"Most overrated golf course in Muskoka"

Do you play golf blindfolded by chance? I mean, the truth must really hurt...
                    Eyes wide open. That’s the great thing with golf, everyone has an opinion. Have played each of the last 2 seasons and compared to 7-8 years ago...not even close to the same golf course.

Comment

I'll be playing the Ridge this weekend, ill get some photos and share for the group. Regardless if its shape is decent or not its golf at what I know to be a really fun track. Nice to see the pics from Spinal showing that its improving. I also wouldn't put this on Golf North, I know a lot of owners and supers up in the Muskokas and the Ridge had plenty of other issues leading up to this season, also their super went to Oovinbyrd which only added to inevitable struggles. I've been told Windermere and Seguin are both in great shape.

Comment

Played the Ridge today, the course was soaked and it was cart path only. It looks like they are putting a lot of water down to see if it recovers, played Rocky Crest yesterday and the course wasn't that wet and we didn't get any rain overnight.
                        There is some damage on some greens and tee boxes.

​​​

Comment

They haven’t watered the last five days. Huge amounts of rain Saturday and Sunday. Played 36 today. Course was a lot drier the afternoon round. It was really wet in the morning. Still not great, but you can see it getting better week to week.

Comment

Originally posted by Nutcracker View Post
                            Played the Ridge today, the course was soaked and it was cart path only. It looks like they are putting a lot of water down to see if it recovers, played Rocky Crest yesterday and the course wasn't that wet and we didn't get any rain overnight.
                            There is some damage on some greens and tee boxes.

​​​
                            I played Rocky on Sunday immediately after they opened the course post-deluge. Greens were still quick and got through in 3:15. Perfect.

Comment

I played Manitou again today. Carts were allowed in the rough up to the fairway on the cart path side. No driving the carts on the fairway whatsoever.

The course is coming back slowly but it’s still not worth the prime time $$. And it was _slow_. We were just over five hours.

Though if I had to make a choice (based on conditions) between it and Deerhurst, I’d currently choose Manitou.

Comment

Has anyone been to Manitou in the last week or so? Trying to decide if I want to drive there or cash out my vouchers. Thanks.
                                WITB
                                9.5 Nike Covert
                                15 TM Rocketballz
                                3-P Nike Pro Vr Combo
                                52,56,60 Nike X3X Wedges
                                TM White Smoke

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse