/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Islington Golf

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islington Golf

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of information on the culture/club life at Islington - specifically for someone in their mid-twenties. I am interested in joining but want to ensure that it is easy to get a game (I am aware of the no-tee time thing - but how open are members to playing with someone new/how often do groups show up without a full foursome etc) and that there is a good core group of intermediates/members who are open to playing with intermediates who like to play often. I appreciate that some people might not want to share their experiences on a public thread, so please feel free to send me a PM.

Thank you!
    What's In The Bag

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5*
    Wood: Titleist 913F 15*
    Hybrid: Titleist 913H 21*
    Irons: Titleist 714 MB 4-9
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 48* 54* 60*
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2/Scotty Cameron GoLo

Private courses usually let you play a practice round before deciding I definitely recommend taking them up on that offer.

Comment

You need tee times right now with Pandemic according to member friend

Comment

Islington is a good golf course. I would recommend

Comment

Not sure what else you're looking for in a private golf club but Islington's practice facilities are sub standard. If you're willing to go a little further west, check out Brampton GC, it 's very accessible from 401, 407 and 410.They have a solid number of intermediates, amazing practice facilities and a good trial deal happening for this year.

Comment

was not impressed with the practice area here. There is no real range to hit balls. They have an enclosed hitting net which is about 75 yards long and probably 30 yards in height. Not sure if this has changed in the past few years since I last played there, but this would be something that would probably prevent me from joining

Comment

what do y'all mean no practice facility? it's THE practice facility for the Canadian Open

Comment

Originally posted by drewharvie View Post
                what do y'all mean no practice facility? it's THE practice facility for the Canadian Open
                I think the pros were using actual holes at Islington as a 'practice range" for the CO held at St. Georges?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post

I think the pros were using actual holes at Islington as a 'practice range" for the CO held at St. Georges?
                  Yes, they turn 1, 2, 7 into a driving range. It was a joke

Comment

Gotta do what ya gotta do.....I guess the joke would have been the areas of the holes that were chewed up with divots.

Comment

I believe Islington gets $100,000 for the week. Not all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by smc66 View Post

I meant my post was a joke. The club paid for the green & bunker work with that cheque

Comment

Do you know how much St. Georges gets?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post

Do you know how much St. Georges gets?
                            No Idea. My father-in-law is a member as Islington, which is where I got that info.

Comment

No Idea. My father-in-law is a member as Islington, which is where I got that info.
                              Don't know how accurate....I heard about $1-$2M as a 'rental' to the host venue from the PGA tour....although Golf Canada runs the CO with assistance from the PGA tour....I doubt GC has the coffers to pay that sum out.

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 180,120   Posts: 1,886,801   Members: 48,527   Active Members: 483
                              Welcome to our newest member, bujouves.
                              Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                              X