/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Need a new home course in the Brantford area. Suggestions?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whistlebear is only 20 minutes north or Paris just out of Cambridge. Have a buddy that's been a member there for the last 2 seasons and loves it. Super good practice facility also.
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus
    Woods: Cobra Speedzone 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Ping G425 3 Hybrid
    Irons: Mizuno Pro 245 KBS Tour 120S
    Wedges: Ping Glide4 50.12, Ping Glide4 54.12, Mackdaddy 58.10
    Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4
    Ball: TM TP5

Comment

Originally posted by ShanksMcDuck View Post

What on earth is wrong with people. That makes me sick.

Mystic is a great course and its too bad people treat it with such disrespect. I have noticed quite a few times that people love to not fix divots or pitch marks more at Mystic than a lot of other courses I have played at. Sad that people come out and play and then don't leave the property in the same manner in which they originally found it.
      kid boje

Comment

Originally posted by arogal View Post
        Whistlebear is only 20 minutes north or Paris just out of Cambridge. Have a buddy that's been a member there for the last 2 seasons and loves it. Super good practice facility also.
        How has access to the tee been at WB this year ?
        They are a successful course with a very strong membership.

I had a social membership there for a few years as I loved their range and practice facility.

If one is driving from Paris to WB, one could consider Deer Ridge as it is just 7 minutes farther at most.
        Last edited by ARL67; Sep 17, 2020, 03:42 PM.
        🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
        Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
        Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
        Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
        Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
        Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
        Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
        Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post

I had a social membership there for a few years as I loved their range and practice facility.

If on is driving from Paris to WB, one could consider Deer Ridge as it is just 7 minutes farther at most.
          My buddy ShanksMcDuck would be able to answer that one. From what I've heard it's been pretty consistent. He hasn't seemed to have had any complaints about tee times.

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedEdge View Post
            Quick update:

* Played Oaks 2 weeks ago. It's a nice layout and I'll def play it again but the conditions were terrible. Easily the worst greens I've ever experienced and the fairways were badly beaten up. No way I can make this my home course.
            Conditions at The Oaks have improved a whole lot recently. If you play it again, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post

If on is driving from Paris to WB, one could consider Deer Ridge as it is just 7 minutes farther at most.
              I have no issues getting a tee time. I always book around 2 weeks in advance since it is available to us at that time. But this year it is packed all the time. You have to be booking at least a week in advance, or you can try the night before for weekends (Fri-Sun) and Wednesdays (mens night). I used to be able to go out on Sunday afternoon at 3pm and be one of the only groups on the course. We could fly around in 2-2.5 hours. Not anymore.

The facilities are in great conditioning, especially given how much play we get (sometimes the tee sheet doesn't even have a single open spot from 7am to 7pm). The range has been beat up though. They closed it to mats only a few weeks ago to let it grow back which was very understandable to me.

Deer Ridge is considerably more expensive than WB. Nicer course in my opinion (it is a different style course though, so it can be difficult to compare). But the initiation alone makes it out of my ballpark. Plus if you get an assessment it could be a lot of extra money coming out of your pocket.
              It that a Titleist?

Comment

Originally posted by surette23 View Post
                We have had a lot of issues with vandalism from late evening tee times, so have unfortunately had to make sure everyone is off the course at a certain time. Just last Thursday three greens had carts driven right across and snapped the flag poles in half, tee blocks thrown in the bush etc etc.
                F****** Pink Shirt Millenials.
                Hope in the next infraction and if caught....the staff and any other golfers available punch out these TOOLS....nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                  F****** Pink Shirt Millenials.
                  Hope in the next infraction and if caught....the staff and any other golfers available punch out these TOOLS....nuff said.
                  What does being a millennial have anything to do with this? You are making baseless accusations on the younger demographic... For all you know this could be someone who is older.

I have seen plenty of golfers in their teens, 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's being complete idiots on the course. Damaging greens, rough and fairways, driving through bunkers, being drunk idiots, etc.. Plenty of disrespectful people in all age groups.

Violence certainly won't solve this problem. If caught they should be kicked out and charged with vandalism.
                  It that a Titleist?

Comment

Originally posted by ShanksMcDuck View Post
                    I have seen plenty of golfers in their teens, 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's being complete idiots on the course. Damaging greens, rough and fairways, driving through bunkers, being drunk idiots, etc.. Plenty of disrespectful people in all age groups.
                    If you've seeing guys in those age groups trashing a course...then that's another level of TOTAL of DBAG's...just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by newballcoach View Post
                      I know Craigowan gets plugged a lot on this site and in this thread, but I played there last weekend and found it very...average. Conditioning was fair. Greens were fine but many areas of fairway and rough had huge dead spots. Didn't love the layout of the course at all, lots of very uninteresting holes (unless you count hitting straight up a hill interesting).

I guess I just didn't get it, maybe others can explain why it's so well thought of. I was definitely disappointed it didn't wow me more based on it's reputation. I would say the layout is very similar to Elmira's with similar type holes, with the greens being better.
                      First year Craigowan member here, and I live in Paris! Welcome to town TwistedEdge . A little history on where I have played: When I first got back in to golf I started out as an Oaks member when it was privately owned. Played there for 2 years and then went over to Paris Grand where many friendships were made. Unfortunately it has been bulldozed in favor of homes. Once Paris Grand died, some of us went to Innerkip and we played there for 2 years before trying out Craigowan this year.

Here is my take:
                      * I am so happy to pay an extra couple bucks to not have to deal with the Golfnorth non sense. I have had many friends say the Oaks was brutal this year.
                      * Innerkip is an awesome course, albeit a little bit on the easier side but WAY WAY over priced.
                      * Craigowan isn't perfect but the greens are amazing and you will almost always use EVERY club in your bag during a round. That is why I love the course and layout. Lots of old trees to work around, great par 3's (all of which are quite different). In my opinion there are only 2 rather bland holes (#5 and #11). The pace is usually very good at Craigowan (I know alot of rounds at a Golf North course can run you 5-6 hours on a weekend). We are usually no more than 4 hours at Craig. My single biggest complaint is tee times...they get filled quickly (but I hear that has been an issue at many courses). Their membership includes range, club storage, cleaning, carts, locker....it is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. The only other contender would be Otter Creek in my opinion.

My drive from door to door is 32 minutes and I dont find it to be that bad - St George would be about 15 minutes

Comment

Savannah Golf Links

Comment

Originally posted by Sass View Post

First year Craigowan member here, and I live in Paris! Welcome to town TwistedEdge . A little history on where I have played: When I first got back in to golf I started out as an Oaks member when it was privately owned. Played there for 2 years and then went over to Paris Grand where many friendships were made. Unfortunately it has been bulldozed in favor of homes. Once Paris Grand died, some of us went to Innerkip and we played there for 2 years before trying out Craigowan this year.

Here is my take:
                          * I am so happy to pay an extra couple bucks to not have to deal with the Golfnorth non sense. I have had many friends say the Oaks was brutal this year.
                          * Innerkip is an awesome course, albeit a little bit on the easier side but WAY WAY over priced.
                          * Craigowan isn't perfect but the greens are amazing and you will almost always use EVERY club in your bag during a round. That is why I love the course and layout. Lots of old trees to work around, great par 3's (all of which are quite different). In my opinion there are only 2 rather bland holes (#5 and #11). The pace is usually very good at Craigowan (I know alot of rounds at a Golf North course can run you 5-6 hours on a weekend). We are usually no more than 4 hours at Craig. My single biggest complaint is tee times...they get filled quickly (but I hear that has been an issue at many courses). Their membership includes range, club storage, cleaning, carts, locker....it is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. The only other contender would be Otter Creek in my opinion.

My drive from door to door is 32 minutes and I dont find it to be that bad - St George would be about 15 minutes
                          I really am torn here. I played Innerkip a few weeks ago and really enjoyed the course. If they had a range, I'm pretty sure they'd be the easy choice for me but with just a net and a basic putting green, it's not so easy. I really like their club house, the layout and even the staff I encountered.

On the other hand, I'm still an 18hc, so I need the practice. I need the range (unlimited at Craigowan is SO nice, even if it's a mile away from the club house), the practice greens and still a fun course that isn't too far away. I will say having a mandatory minimum food and bev fee is not something I'm too keen about (I know they waived this year but sounds like they won't next). If it ends up waived next year, I think the decision is much easier.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                          X