/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Sagebrush Reopening -- July or August 2021?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okgndave View Post
    Would have to know about the conditions first.
    "It's not a country club look per se, where everything is green. We embrace the dried out look"

Translated to REAL English
    "Our course conditions SUCK"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
      "It's not a country club look per se, where everything is green. We embrace the dried out look"

Is that what you honestly think? I much prefer a baked out course. The amount of inputs saved on a natural course is staggering. Thin rough and fairways that roll for miles is where it's at. The country club look is fake and very much unsustainable. Golfers will have to get used to this condition in the next number of years. I applaud memberships that embrace this condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post

Don't play a top 10 golf course in Canada then. It's only second to Capilano and even then I'd hear an argument for #1 in the province. More for us! For one, almost every golf course becomes better with a bit of brown and firmer, faster conditions. See: Augusta National when it truly gets firm and baked

Comment

LOL....you guys getting all jacked up on my post.

I'm a public course golfer and have played a ton on lousy conditioned courses....the only thing I want are good greens.

Comment

Article from Score Golf

A top-10 golf course in Canada before it closed amid ownership battles and lawsuits, B.C.'s Sagebrush is set to welcome golfers again.

Comment

Has anyone confirmed play for this summer? I put a request in for first week of August about 3 weeks ago but haven't heard back

Comment

They are still waiting on some permitting issues. I'd suspect you won't have a problem with August, but I'd write the club again. The hope was July, but now it is looking like mid-July.
                Golf blog: canadiangolfer.com/g4g

Comment

I played yesterday. The golf course is really great, as good as I remember, in fact, or better! The best word is rambunctious or rowdy. Fun golf is the best golf, and there's a lot of it at Sagebrush.

Hoping they can open here soon so everyone can experience it. It's a special golf course, and one that I hope succeeds coming soon. I'll change the thread title

Comment

What are the conditions like?

Comment

Originally posted by sirshanksalot View Post
                      Has anyone confirmed play for this summer? I put a request in for first week of August about 3 weeks ago but haven't heard back
                      Good news, soft opening for August, go to their website.

How many of you are going?

Comment

Video on the "Comeback"

If the embedded link is not working:

What is it like to build Canada’s Best New Golf Course, see it climb into the top 10 in the country, and then close down soon after? What was the original in...
                        Last edited by okgndave; Jan 14, 2022, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Ease and time of access will be impeded due to the flood damage caused to the Coquihalla Hwy south of Merritt.

Comment

Looks to be something quite special, magical even given the terrain and views.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post
                              Looks to be something quite special, magical even given the terrain and views.
                              Although so difficult to obtain a reply...never mind a tee time....a friend got a tee time in late Aug/Sept??? for their "soft" opening...they had a special....$140....all the golf you can play and lunch...he said he had an amazing time and amazing value.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X