Collapse

2020 course aeration

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rulie View Post
    Why don't courses check out hydrojecting? Our course hasn't aerated greens with tines for several years. Next day is perfect.
    http://blog.standrews.com/2019/08/28...-hydrojecting/
    Sure, hydrojecting is a fantastic tool. It alleviates a bit of compaction, introduces oxygen into the rootzone, can improve water percolation rates and all with hardly any disruption to play.
    What it doesn’t do is remove thatch and the hole left behind isn’t large enough to incorporate any sand or new material into the rootzone.

Comment

Why don't courses check out hydrojecting? Our course hasn't aerated greens with tines for several years. Next day is perfect.
      http://blog.standrews.com/2019/08/28...-hydrojecting/
      they are a very unreliable machine and break quite often. Ive used it before for areas such as cart path edges(on offs) and other hi traffic areas with some success. They do nothing for thatch/ organics removal. Also the hole is too small to incorporate sand inyo the profile.

Comment

Originally posted by AdiosAmigo View Post

they are a very unreliable machine and break quite often. Ive used it before for areas such as cart path edges(on offs) and other hi traffic areas with some success. They do nothing for thatch/ organics removal. Also the hole is too small to incorporate sand inyo the profile.
        I've also seen them being used on The Old Course. Maybe sand top dressing into the tine holes isn't that important, just a ritual? Or maybe if the green is sand-based by construction, it's just fine? I know that our greens get top-dressed regularly with fine sand, and they don't show any signs of thatch. (btw, we're not located that far from your stated location)

Comment

I've also seen them being used on The Old Course. Maybe sand top dressing into the tine holes isn't that important, just a ritual? Or maybe if the green is sand-based by construction, it's just fine? I know that our greens get top-dressed regularly with fine sand, and they don't show any signs of thatch. (btw, we're not located that far from your stated location)
          Your assessment is pretty close. If drainage is a big concern i wouldnt fill my holes everytime with sand. You can have mich less surface disruption with a small tine and have the same effect of aeration. The problem is many courses arent afforded tge time or money to do the small ones often so have to do it big one or two a year.

I have to assume with lots of frequent small applications of sand there would be some verticutting taking place before the sand. Another excellent way to increase smooth, firmness and decrease thatch with little disruption.

The solution to pollution is dilution. Sand being the solution and thatch being the pollution.

Comment

Appears Turnberry did theirs recently. Maybe another week for them to be decent again?

Comment

I have a round at Glen Abbey this Sat, does anyone have any news here?

Comment

Lionhead doing aeration soon.

"All golf courses will begin aerification of the greens starting October 13th. Please check with the Proshop regarding conditions."

Comment

Pipers Heath

FALL MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE:
                  • October 13th through end of season (normal maintenance): tee deck topdressing and aerations; approach aerations; fairway verticutting; bunker work #2; tee deck levelling #3, #6, #8, #10, #11, #13, #18; irrigation installation #3, #7, #15; asphalt repairs
                  • October 19th, 20th, 21st: irrigation line winterizing (can be noisy)
                  • November 2nd, 3rd, 4th: greens aerations - 9 holes will be CLOSED during aerations

Comment

TPC Hoot is almost back to normal, or so said the 2 members In played with. Super fast and no bumps.
                    Callaway Blayne Standbag:
                    TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                    TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
                    TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                    TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
                    Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
                    5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
                    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
                    Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
                    Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

Originally posted by Toughpar3 View Post
                      The Nest put out a notice when booking tee times. Greens aeration Tues Sept 8th and expects back to normal in 8-10 days
                      they top dressed them Monday Oct 5th and are basically back to normal speeds.
                      Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
                      3W - Taylormade M4
                      5 wood - Callaway X Hot
                      4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
                      Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
                      Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
                      Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Rebel Creek just finished aerating today (or tomorrow maybe).

Comment

Our course just had the Drill and fill technique and the greens are super after, a huge difference than the usual aeration.
                          " the only shots you can be dead sure of are those you've had already."

WHATS IN THE BAG

Ping I20 9.5 stiff
                          Sonartec 2.5 3/5 woods
                          Mcgregor hybrids 3,4,5
                          Ping i20
                          MacGregor response
                          Snickers tour bag
                          Pro V1

Comment

Was lied to
                            Played Redcrest on Friday - greens had been aerated that week. Still not terrible

Comment

Received an e-mail from Crosswinds regarding aeration:

Aerating (Tyning): We use 1/2" tynes as opposed to aerating. Cores are not pulled out. Less damage to greens.

Monday October 19th. Golfers will play same nine twice on non-tyned greens. Rate is $30 for Golf (no coupons accepted)

Tuesday October 20th. Golfers will play same nine twice on tyned greens. Rate is $30 for Golf (no coupons accepted)

Wednesday October 21st. If needed (not able to complete Monday and Tuesday due to weather), golfers will play same nine twice on tyned greens. Rate is $30 for Golf (no coupons accepted)If tyning not needed, all 18 holes in play $58 green fees

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X