/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

A 5.8 HCP tries to break 90 at Winged Foot in US Open Setup

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A 5.8 HCP tries to break 90 at Winged Foot in US Open Setup

    Just to mention that my intention in starting this thread was to show the WINGED FOOT in its 2020 US Setup, close and personal and not the guy's (pretty mediocre) golf, his personality, mannerisms and so on !!!

    Don't know who this guy is, but at 5.8 HCP he plays Winged Foot in the US Open setup (same back tees as well as par 5s converted to par 4s) and tries to break 90

    Last edited by veryold; Sep 16, 2020, 08:57 AM.

  • #2
    Eal tries at all of them.

    Comment


    • #3
      Always thought the guy is a bit of a d******* and proves it with his stupid looking hat and purposely jacks an attempt at his 3rd putt on 9 and records it as holed out for a bogey even though he missed the 3 foot putt....and then had another 3 foot putt for his 'real' 4th putt attempt.

      I wouldn't be surprised if he cheated and went over 3 minutes a few times trying to find his many golf shots in the rough and that rough is nasty.

      I've got to believe the USGA will trim down the rough a bit come Thurs.
      Last edited by Mr22putt; Sep 15, 2020, 10:38 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        I like his earlier stuff. Now its like he has these with god/spiritual moments and its quite off putting.

        Comment


        • #5
          Fun video, thanks for posting. With a 5.8 index, his handicap is likely 10 at Winged Foot from the back tees. Not sure why he keeps saying he is a 5.8 “handicap”. Vanity?

          Comment


          • #6
            For a 5.8 index, he is pretty bad with the driver.

            And what's with 240+ yards into the green, hitting 4 iron and coming up 40+ yards short each time? Vanity?
            10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
            16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
            20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
            4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

            54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
            Ping Anser Redwood

            Srixon ZStar XV



            Comment


            • #7
              I think he lies about his handicap. I don't think I've ever seen him break 85. On his Bandon videos he was atrocious. And he wasn't being penalized by the courses, he was just hitting terrible shots. And every time he plays bad he's got a basket of excuses. Long drive to the course and didn't have time to warm up, hasn't been sleeping enough lately, tried to hit a draw when the shot called for a fade, didn't read the wind correctly.

              I'm not sure why he feels like he needs to have a low handicap to have credibility. He'd be more relatable if he was honest about being a 12 or 13 or whatever he probably really is.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AdiosAmigo View Post
                I like his earlier stuff. Now its like he has these with god/spiritual moments and its quite off putting.
                Agreed. The Adventures in Golf series put the focus on other people's stories and I really enjoyed it. Now it seems the focus has turned more to EAL's golf journey. The NO Laying Up guys are more engaging to me.
                It's not the wand. It's the wizard.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by The McCleery Crow View Post

                  Agreed. The Adventures in Golf series put the focus on other people's stories and I really enjoyed it. Now it seems the focus has turned more to EAL's golf journey. The NO Laying Up guys are more engaging to me.
                  100% - EAL seems quite full of himself and while I appreciate watching videos about golf and super nice courses around the world some of his content has gotten way too much about himself more than golf and the other people involved (like the adventures in golf series was about).

                  NLU is by far, way better content.
                  If you want to watch content about courses check out the Fried Egg. Andy and crew do such an amazing job highlighting great golf courses.
                  Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 9 degree - Accra TZ5 proto 65 M4
                  Titleist 19 degree 818 H2- Atmos Tour Spec 8S Blue
                  Callaway Epic Pro 4iron - Project X LZ 105 6.0
                  Callaway X-Forged 2018 5-PW - Project X LZ 5.5
                  Titleist SM6 50 F grind
                  Mizuno S18 54
                  Titleist SM6 58 K grind
                  Cleveland 2135 TFI Elevado

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Drawfader View Post
                    I'm not sure why he feels like he needs to have a low handicap to have credibility. He'd be more relatable if he was honest about being a 12 or 13 or whatever he probably really is.
                    Only watch part of it . . . but I don't know any 6 hdcp that hit their drivers like that . . .

                    And 240 with a 4 iron . . . and he hits 200 yards . . .
                    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                      Always thought the guy is a bit of a d******* and proves it with his stupid looking hat and purposely jacks an attempt at his 3rd putt on 9 and records it as holed out for a bogey even though he missed the 3 foot putt....and then had another 3 foot putt for his 'real' 4th putt attempt.

                      I wouldn't be surprised if he cheated and went over 3 minutes a few times trying to find his many golf shots in the rough and that rough is nasty.

                      I've got to believe the USGA will trim down the rough a bit come Thurs.
                      I think you're right, I got to play Angus Glen south in 2002 a couple of weeks before the Canadian Open.

                      Was cool because the grandstands were up but you literally couldn't see your shoes in the rough. If you found it you could pound a wedge out if you were lucky.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Actually watched this last night, I typically don't care for most course play videos, but I like... or liked... EAL. Think a lot of the posts here explained why I haven't enjoyed them much lately. Seems I enjoyed his stuff more when he was telling stories of other people.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ShanksMcDuck View Post

                          If you want to watch content about courses check out the Fried Egg. Andy and crew do such an amazing job highlighting great golf courses.
                          The 2 part podcast the fried egg did with Jeff Ogilvy on getting it around at Augusta national (all 18 holes) is a must listen!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well, just to conclude this thread, he posted the back nine vid and the good news about this whole thing is that he broke 100.
                            So let's leave it at that, and look forward to tomorrow's "REAL" 2020 US Open(ing) round.
                            Enjoy and have fun.
                            Last edited by veryold; Sep 16, 2020, 06:13 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by veryold View Post
                              Well, this probably is hardly worth posting, but just to conclude this thread, he posted the back nine vid and the only good news about this whole thing is that he broke 100
                              So let's leave it at that, and look forward to tomorrow's "REAL" 2020 US Open(ing) round.
                              Enjoy and have fun.
                              If you enjoyed the vid he has break whatever vids from the last 2 or 3 years of majors and other events.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Join The TGN Email List


                              Collapse

                              Recently Joined


                              Topics: 181,740   Posts: 1,899,042   Members: 49,010   Active Members: 447
                              Welcome to our newest member, Clean Livin.
                              Collapse

                              Today's Birthdays


                              Collapse

                              PGA Leaderboard


                              Working...
                              X