/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Incredible fall picture of Glen Abbey

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Incredible fall picture of Glen Abbey

    I thought this was worth sharing. Click image for larger version

Name:	glen abbey fall folliage.jpg
Views:	781
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	3251623

  • #2
    Booked for a round next week. Hopefully some of the colors are still there.

    Comment


    • #3
      Looking good! Pics taken off the bridge on Upper Middle facing south often capture amazing vistas too, showcasing the valley holes etc.
      Still getting the hang of this game!

      In the Ogio Atlas for riding or Ogio Vaporlite for carrying:

      Ping G2 with HOT PINK Grafalloy Bimatrix
      Srixon W-403 AD 5 wood
      Nike 23 degree hybrid
      Ping eye2+ irons 5-PW
      Cleveland CG14 Gunmetal 52, 56
      Bronze Ping Anser 3 with Tigershark grip

      Comment


      • #4
        Beautiful photograph.

        Comment


        • #5
          Tough to beat the beauty of Fall golf!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mcgsxr View Post
            Looking good! Pics taken off the bridge on Upper Middle facing south often capture amazing vistas too, showcasing the valley holes etc.
            I pass there every day and always drive that little bit slower as I take it in. Beautiful.

            Thanks OP, great shot.

            Comment


            • #7
              Any updates on the status of the residential development plans?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gushamilton View Post
                Any updates on the status of the residential development plans?
                Still miles away from any decision.

                https://www.oakville.ca/business/gle...formation.html

                Comment


                • #9
                  Beautiful photo, Dave.
                  This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Hugh Jass View Post

                    Still miles away from any decision.

                    https://www.oakville.ca/business/gle...formation.html
                    Thanks for sharing - Residents of Millcroft (my home course and community) are in the early stages of trying to stop residential development from taking over the course. The application hasn't been submitted yet as they haven't gone through all the pre-application processes. So Millcroft residents are keeping a close eye on how this shakes out.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gushamilton View Post

                      Thanks for sharing - Residents of Millcroft (my home course and community) are in the early stages of trying to stop residential development from taking over the course. The application hasn't been submitted yet as they haven't gone through all the pre-application processes. So Millcroft residents are keeping a close eye on how this shakes out.
                      Oh no. I play Millcroft a few times every year and quite like it, as it's a very easy course and the score always makes me feel good about my game lol. Always have good chats with the German starter

                      Who owns the land? The original developer?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I’ve def played the Abbey in the fall and it’s something special alright. As is Kings Forest and many others. It’s been a great spectacle this fall and a great way to cap an unexpected awesome golf season.

                        Even noticed how beautiful Burlington Springs is. Yes, that Burlington Springs. Usually fly around that course and don’t really take it in until this past weekend with the fall colours.
                        Greg

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Here’s another from the Abbey last weekend. Those holes through the valley were something with the fall colours!
                          Attached Files
                          What's In The Bag

                          Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5*
                          Wood: Titleist 913F 15*
                          Hybrid: Titleist 913H 21*
                          Irons: Titleist 714 MB 4-9
                          Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 48* 54* 60*
                          Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2/Scotty Cameron GoLo

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Hugh Jass View Post

                            Oh no. I play Millcroft a few times every year and quite like it, as it's a very easy course and the score always makes me feel good about my game lol. Always have good chats with the German starter

                            Who owns the land? The original developer?
                            The owner of the golf course (who’s had it for sale for a while) has partnered with a developer to wipe out holes 6 and 7 and they would shorten the course even more than it already is. Speculation that their intent is to develop the whole course eventually.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by gushamilton View Post

                              The owner of the golf course (who’s had it for sale for a while) has partnered with a developer to wipe out holes 6 and 7 and they would shorten the course even more than it already is. Speculation that their intent is to develop the whole course eventually.
                              Grrr. I would imagine this would be create quite the fight from all the people that have houses bordering the course. The majority of those backyards are very well cared for and I'm sure those owners would just love to give up all that greenery behind them.

                              Not sure about anywhere else, but back home in Ireland, it's virtually impossible to change the zoning to get rid of a golf course. When I told my old man about the plans for Glen Abbey, he was flabbergasted, couldn't get his head around it.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Latest TGN Reviews


                              Collapse

                              PGA Leaderboard


                              Collapse

                              Today's Birthdays


                              Working...
                              X