No announcement yet.
Collapse

Best Indoor Golf Facility in the GTA

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mostly I go to Peak Performance for practice where using GC-Hawk So I know my distance. and I have been to Paramount in Leslie and 401 (near home), found every shot was similar what I expected. I went to Tracer golf also , some sim was way off , most were ok. Both places are using same sims, so I believe There is some not properly calibrated machine.

Comment

In west end, I've been to swang golf and it's a gem for sure. I think I was among the first few when it opened and I kept going back to it for a while.

In North end, Kudosgolf is good. they advertise that you can access your stats if you create an account but i haven't used the feature yet. 30+ golf course choices is plenty for my skill level.

Both swang and kudos are $22/hr which is great.

The worse experience I had was target golf in Thornhill. What a trash place that is. If you hit a driver, it bounces off the screen like a ping pong and you'll be jumping/ducking trying to avoid the rockets coming back at you. the email they send you in confirmation to contact them is bogus and bounces back. The facility is so poorly built that I had to dig in and find out why in this day and age they'd built such a poor facility. Turns out, that the franchisee is free to 'model' the facility as long as they buy all the equipment from target golf. On top of that, it costs $35/hr.

Comment

Originally posted by jadoon View Post
        In west end, I've been to swang golf and it's a gem for sure. I think I was among the first few when it opened and I kept going back to it for a while.

In North end, Kudosgolf is good. they advertise that you can access your stats if you create an account but i haven't used the feature yet. 30+ golf course choices is plenty for my skill level.

Both swang and kudos are $22/hr which is great.

The worse experience I had was target golf in Thornhill. What a trash place that is. If you hit a driver, it bounces off the screen like a ping pong and you'll be jumping/ducking trying to avoid the rockets coming back at you. the email they send you in confirmation to contact them is bogus and bounces back. The facility is so poorly built that I had to dig in and find out why in this day and age they'd built such a poor facility. Turns out, that the franchisee is free to 'model' the facility as long as they buy all the equipment from target golf. On top of that, it costs $35/hr.
        Lol. Right, Never go to Target.
        Last edited by duceram; Jan 31, 2022, 06:50 PM.

Comment

I went to Tracer at Heartland in Mississauga today. Only used an 8 iron on a driving range screen. I found it quite accurate relative to my normal distances and was very helpful regarding dispersion, launch angle, and spin rate.
          I cannot comment on other clubs or golf courses, but given the price, I expect to go back often to keep my swing in shape.
          It seemed very busy . Also impressed with how well the automated system worked. I did have one question and was able to pick up the support phone and for an answer to my question.

Comment

Driven pga in Mississauga is opening tomorrow, looking like a really nice practice facility

Comment

Originally posted by Playthru View Post
              I went to Tracer at Heartland in Mississauga today. Only used an 8 iron on a driving range screen. I found it quite accurate relative to my normal distances and was very helpful regarding dispersion, launch angle, and spin rate.
              I cannot comment on other clubs or golf courses, but given the price, I expect to go back often to keep my swing in shape.
              It seemed very busy . Also impressed with how well the automated system worked. I did have one question and was able to pick up the support phone and for an answer to my question.
              I saw the layout and like that the bays are mostly closed. Did you look at the courses? Birdies has the 50 with the usual Pebble and St. Andrews and 48 mostly Korean. $18?

Comment

I did not take a look at the courses , but in getting lost in the menu a few course names popped up which I did not recognize. But again, I did not spend too much time on that aspect. I used the premium bays at $22/hr.

Comment

Checked out the new place in Leslieville at Carlaw and Eastern last week.
                  Open 24 hours a day.
                  Trackman on 4 bays - one of which is in a private room.
                  $45/hr. Will definitely try and get there once a week.

24/7 Premium Golf Facility powered by Trackman

Comment

Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post
                    Checked out the new place in Leslieville at Carlaw and Eastern last week.
                    Open 24 hours a day.
                    Trackman on 4 bays - one of which is in a private room.
                    $45/hr. Will definitely try and get there once a week.
                    24/7 Premium Golf Facility powered by Trackman
                    $45.00hr is high check out Tracergolf.ca if you just want to practice as low as $l6.00 an hour
                    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

It's crazy the price variability between places. Tracer is cheap, but I don't know what hardware they use. In the Markham area, I've used Pure Golf Sim, who uses Uneekor launch monitors and TGC2019 for $20/hr and Uptown Golf, who use GC Quad (no club data) and FSX for $25/hr.
                      Ping G425 Max 9*, Accra TZ6 55 M3
                      TM Sim 2 Ti 13.5*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
                      TM Sim 2 Max 18*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
                      Ping G425 3h, Tensei Orange R
                      TM P790 5-GW, Modus 105 R
                      Cleveland CBX 56*, wedge flex
                      Cleveland CBX Zipcore 60*, wedge flex
                      LAB Mezz, Accra
                      Current hcp ~ 14

Comment

Originally posted by SW20 MR2 View Post
                        It's crazy the price variability between places. Tracer is cheap, but I don't know what hardware they use. In the Markham area, I've used Pure Golf Sim, who uses Uneekor launch monitors and TGC2019 for $20/hr and Uptown Golf, who use GC Quad (no club data) and FSX for $25/hr.
                        Uptown's membership plan can drive the cost down to almost $15/hr for frequent users. I like this approach.

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
                          I wonder how these facilities can keep the doors open at $20 / hour.

I wish one of these $cheap places existed in Collingwood.
                          I'll be spending most of Jan-Feb-Mar up there and there is only 1 place and they charge $60 / hour AND they want a minimum 2hr booking ( at least per their website's online booking system that I checked out )
                          I checked that place out that pricing is crazy similar to a place in Newmarket but it is lincenced for those who want that.
                          May not happen in time for your Collingwood visit, but I don't think it will be too long before somebody grabs some cheap empty industrial space there and throws in some SIMS. They are getting to the point that it is a race to the bottom as far as pricing goes everywhere.
                          Pity that does not come quicker to the real golf courses.
                          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

I checked that place out that pricing is crazy similar to a place in Newmarket but it is lincenced for those who want that.
                            May not happen in time for your Collingwood visit, but I don't think it will be too long before somebody grabs some cheap empty industrial space there and throws in some SIMS. They are getting to the point that it is a race to the bottom as far as pricing goes everywhere.
                            Pity that does not come quicker to the real golf courses.
                            The problem with a race to the bottom is it turns into closed doors very quickly. Something fair and sustainable for both sides is usually better.

Comment

I think the low prices are likely somewhat sustainable due to the locations being unmanned. Let's do a very rough back of the napkin calculation for a single hitting bay:

- A typical unmanned location is often open for 24 hours, but let's say it's 8am to midnight (16 hours)
                              - I just looked at the calendar for Pure Sim, and it's been more than 50% booked this week (https://puregolfsim.skedda.com/booki...ate=2023-01-22), but let's say it's booked 50% of the time (16 hours x 30 days x 50% = 240 hours in use per month)
                              - Let's use $20/hour as the rate (240 hours x $20 = $4800 revenue per month)
                              - Let's assume that in the summer, the usage rate plummets to 10% (16 hours x 30 days x 10% x $20 hr = $960 revenue per month). That said, if you look at the Pure Sim calendar for last summer, it surprisingly still gets decent usage in the middle of summer (probably 20-40% usage).

Most places have at least 3-4 bays, so even in the summer months, they should be able to cover their costs. Ofcourse, we're not looking at all of the costs associated with starting and running the place. The startup costs for the equipment aren't cheap, and there will be repairs, utilities, etc, but I think things will be okay at least for a while.
                              Ping G425 Max 9*, Accra TZ6 55 M3
                              TM Sim 2 Ti 13.5*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
                              TM Sim 2 Max 18*, Accra TZ6 65 M3
                              Ping G425 3h, Tensei Orange R
                              TM P790 5-GW, Modus 105 R
                              Cleveland CBX 56*, wedge flex
                              Cleveland CBX Zipcore 60*, wedge flex
                              LAB Mezz, Accra
                              Current hcp ~ 14

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews