/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Scarboro GC

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarboro GC

A buddy and I have put our names down on the intermediate waitlist at Scarboro and are hopeful to get the nod to join come the new year. We are comfortable with commute, course and other facilities but were curious to speak to members or friends of members who would be able to speak to the intermediate program at the course as well as provide other insight into life at Scarboro.

Thank you!
    What's In The Bag

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5*
    Wood: Titleist 913F 15*
    Hybrid: Titleist 913H 21*
    Irons: Titleist 714 MB 4-9
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 48* 54* 60*
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2/Scotty Cameron GoLo

I can't speak to any of that but wanted to comment about how much I enjoyed the course. I played at Scarboro this year for the first time and it was fantastic! Such a great course. I enjoyed my round there and hope to get back again next year. Easy enough walk even though it is quite hilly. Some of the greens were in rough shape but I think they will be back and a primary feature next year.

The short Par 4's are so much fun and the Par 3's are VERY good - the second hole might be one of the toughest and best Par 3's I have played in a long time. I made an up and down from the bunker on the right hand side, do not recommend trying yourself.
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 9 degree - Accra TZ5 65 M4
    Mizuno ST200 3 wood - Dyamana Blue Board S+
    Titleist 19 degree 818 H2 - Atmos Blue TS 8S
    Callaway Epic Pro 4iron - Project X LZ 105 6.0
    Callaway X-Forged 2018 5-PW - Project X LZ 5.5
    Titleist SM7 50.08, 56.08, 60.10 - S200
    Cleveland 2135 TFI Elevado

Comment

My brother has been a member for at least 25 years. I have played it too many times to remember. Its a great course within the city. I would join just for the patio! I am not sure what the membership details are at present.

Comment

Originally posted by ShanksMcDuck View Post
        I can't speak to any of that but wanted to comment about how much I enjoyed the course. I played at Scarboro this year for the first time and it was fantastic! Such a great course. I enjoyed my round there and hope to get back again next year. Easy enough walk even though it is quite hilly. Some of the greens were in rough shape but I think they will be back and a primary feature next year.

The short Par 4's are so much fun and the Par 3's are VERY good - the second hole might be one of the toughest and best Par 3's I have played in a long time. I made an up and down from the bunker on the right hand side, do not recommend trying yourself.
        The course plays longer that its yardage. Lots of elevation changes, and a very good walk - i thought Scarborough in general was flat!

Comment

Scarboro has a great mens section, join the mens day and make friends on the patio or the south clubhouse (stone cottage).
          I'm a member at the Hunt and would say there is a solid younger group of 30-50 year olds who are more eager to network and build business - you would just have to show up and be there a lot, also join the mens league.
          I play every year a couple times, heard it had a rough go, but it really is a special property - its in the top 100 so its good, I just hope they had a good year for new memberships

Comment

Brilliant golf course. Overlooked IMO. Some really quirky stuff which is fun to see in North America

Comment

I was a member from 2003-13. It's a great golf course and the verandah is a great place to be when the weather permits.
              Lots of terrain change as mentioned. 2 and 4 are great par 3's. And don't let the short 11 fool you. It's a small green with deep bunkers all round. Hit the green, par is all but assured. Miss it and you are in trouble, serious trouble. Only sore spot is the ugly looking tee shot on 18 where you cross Scarborough Golf Club Rd. (the street and club use different spelling).

I was a member in the equity days and sold before the model collapsed. I believe the full member initiation is $25K now. Probably some sort of a better deal for intermediates.

I expect they still run the Arnott. A men's event with lots of gambling with a two man net best ball format. As prestigious as the club championship! Course is set up as difficult as they can make it. Pins on shelves and slopes and greens bikini waxed, as Gary McCord would say. A fun event that will have most shooting well over their cap.

I left only because my playing schedule decreased as costs were steadily increasing. Just out of my budget for the amount of golf I was playing.

Comment

I'm considering joining as an intermediate this year as well but it sounds like nothing's guaranteed given there's a waitlist. Similar to OP I'm comfortable with the commute, toured the facilities and course, and though I've never played it, it seems incredible. Getting tired of poorly maintained public courses where rounds can stretch 5 hours.

Curious - OP what other courses have you considered before landing on SGC? Did you learn of anything consequential from feedback to this thread? Please PM me if you care to share any info more privately - who knows, maybe we can get a round in together at some point if we both join!

I'm also looking at Cedar Brae, it comes in slightly cheaper with no playing restrictions, but is a further commute for me by ~10 minutes. I'd be flying completely blind on this one since I haven't had a chance to play or tour it yet - I've been told even tours are off during the current lockdown.

Thanks!

Comment

Cedar Brae is a wonderful course and we have a few members here Hannah and Larry Cheung
                  "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by BirdiesnoBogeys View Post
                    A buddy and I have put our names down on the intermediate waitlist at Scarboro and are hopeful to get the nod to join come the new year. We are comfortable with commute, course and other facilities but were curious to speak to members or friends of members who would be able to speak to the intermediate program at the course as well as provide other insight into life at Scarboro.

Thank you!
                    Golfed w/ a member last year and heard the greens were essentially dirt patches by late summer. Heard members were up in arms. Outside of that the course sounds great but that did give me pause (in fairness alot of courses struggled w/ their greens last year)

Comment

Originally posted by PistolPete View Post

Golfed w/ a member last year and heard the greens were essentially dirt patches by late summer. Heard members were up in arms. Outside of that the course sounds great but that did give me pause (in fairness a lot of courses struggled w/ their greens last year)
                      We didn't, our greens were in great shape, for the amount of rounds we put through the course was in terrific shape, !!
                      Thomas4golf

Titleist TS2 / Kuro-Kage Black Dual Core
                      Callaway XR Hybrids, 4,5,6 / Accra i-Series
                      6 - PW Miura TC-201- Mitsubishi MMT 60
                      Miura Tour Wedge, 52* 56* 60* / Project X LZ
                      Taylormade Spider X Chalk # 3
                      SM C-130 Cart Bag
                      Stewart X9 Remote
                      Leupold GX/3i
                      Member of Cedar Brae G&C Club

Comment

I played Scarboro late summer. Greens were just fine, but maybe not up to the north american Augusta standard

Comment

Originally posted by drewharvie View Post
                          I played Scarboro late summer. Greens were just fine, but maybe not up to the north american Augusta standard
                          That's really interesting. This member was not happy at all. Wasn't like "we have a few issues" was "it is a total disaster". Funny how poeple have different perspectives on what is acceptable

Comment

Originally posted by PistolPete View Post

That's really interesting. This member was not happy at all. Wasn't like "we have a few issues" was "it is a total disaster". Funny how poeple have different perspectives on what is acceptable
                            True! I guess if you were a member and you had a bad day already, and showed up to play and they cut a pin close to one of the rougher areas or something I could see someone getting cheesed. Toronto Golf Club also apparently struggled with greens this year, but when I talked to a couple members they seemed to think they were ok. I guess different standards!

Comment

There are some grumpy Guses everywhere - some really bad spots on a few greens, overall staff did best they could in very difficult year. I'm in the we had a few issues camp.

In 2019 when I joined they were immaculate, and the course prides itself on them, so I can understand some disappointment but it also has to be tempered with.... 2020.

I have no doubts it will be top notch all this year.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                              X