No announcement yet.
Collapse

Ian Andrew teases a new build in Niagara [full plan + location posted in OP]

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Andrew teases a new build in Niagara [full plan + location posted in OP]

In Ian Andrew's year end post, he teased a potential upcoming new build, which would be his first. I'm not sure where it is; I'd assume it's Ontario based on the photo... and public!

https://ianandrewsgolfdesignblog.blo....html?spref=tw

Edit: Full 18 hole plan

& location, Sawmill's 2nd golf course, called "Sawmill Creek"

Last edited by drewharvie; Feb 16, 2021, 11:30 PM.

I have wondered about the rash of closings in the last decade when something new might pop up. Public-wise. The rise in popularity for the industry this season should not go un-noticed. Lets hope we don't rest on those laurels. Lets hope the industry figures out how to keep people engaged. I will be watching for his posts. I like what I see so far, the hole looks natural.

Comment

Any chance the lebovic boys are reopening their track next season?

Comment

I believe they have posted that they are

Comment

Originally posted by oneiron View Post
          I believe they have posted that they are
          They missed the boat this year, could have made at least a million a month on $150 green fee. And that is being conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by Netz View Post

They missed the boat this year, could have made at least a million a month on $150 green fee. And that is being conservative.
            A million to them, and a million to us, is not the same!

I have been invited to a charity tournament next year at Lebovic GC, so assume it will be business as usual

Comment

Opening hole

Comment

Interesting- is that a waste bunker running up the left side that seems to be shared with a par 3 hole?

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
                  Interesting- is that a waste bunker running up the left side that seems to be shared with a par 3 hole?
                  No sir, that's fescue

Comment

That first hole looks very similar to #16 at La Cumbre, which is a fascinating hole. I wonder how long it will play.

I met Ian Andrew when he was at my home course (Ashburn-Old Course, Stanley Thompson 1922). He renovated the greens and bunkers and did a fabulous job. It is truly an art form to restore the course to meet both the Stanley Thompson aesthetic while allowing modern play.

drewharvie-thanks for starting this thread. I have enjoyed your course reviews and posts about course architecture.

Comment

Are faint numbers the elevation? looks to be between 173 and 178 metres???? that would fit most of southern ontario

Comment

Originally posted by rodeohook View Post
                        Are faint numbers the elevation? looks to be between 173 and 178 metres???? that would fit most of southern ontario
                        Or is that distance to the greens centre?

Comment

Originally posted by QuentinJJ View Post

A million to them, and a million to us, is not the same!

I have been invited to a charity tournament next year at Lebovic GC, so assume it will be business as usual
                          ya, a drop in the bucket for Wolf.

they do plan to open and am also in a charity event but if covid prevents them from running their charity tournaments which accounts for majority of play, I suspect they will stay closed again. They have no desire to be a daily fee course.
                          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by rodeohook View Post
                            Correct, it is the elevation in meters

Comment

Originally posted by Maritime Golfer 77 View Post
                              That first hole looks very similar to #16 at La Cumbre, which is a fascinating hole. I wonder how long it will play.

I met Ian Andrew when he was at my home course (Ashburn-Old Course, Stanley Thompson 1922). He renovated the greens and bunkers and did a fabulous job. It is truly an art form to restore the course to meet both the Stanley Thompson aesthetic while allowing modern play.

drewharvie-thanks for starting this thread. I have enjoyed your course reviews and posts about course architecture.
                              I think it's a par 5, maybe around 530 or 550 to start. Will not be too long knowing Ian. For another comparison, it reminds me a lot of Capilano's 18th, an all-world par 5, but it's not uphill as much. Ian's work at Ashburn looked good, and I've heard excellent things. What a place to call home!

And thank you for the kind words... it's a passion of mine, and I'm glad others like it!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X