/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Ian Andrew teases a new build in Niagara [Holes 1-12 posted]

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hole 2: Redan, par 3

Hole 3, another par 5

Comment

Ian Andrew also tweeted the course will be walking only, which is super cool and old school

Comment

Agreed that walking only is super cool, I'm imaging it will priced at a premium level if public, partially to make up for lost cart revenue which I'm guessing most course owners would not want to give up.

Comment

Originally posted by rodeohook View Post
          Agreed that walking only is super cool, I'm imaging it will priced at a premium level if public, partially to make up for lost cart revenue which I'm guessing most course owners would not want to give up.
          I'd be shocked if this tops out at over $125 peak season, but a lot of it is determined with how much the cost to get it out of the ground is

Comment

Originally posted by drewharvie View Post

I'd be shocked if this tops out at over $125 peak season, but a lot of it is determined with how much the cost to get it out of the ground is
            do you know where the location is?

Comment

Originally posted by rodeohook View Post

do you know where the location is?
              I think so, but I should wait for Ian to reveal where it is as I'm not sure if it should be out there yet. It's within 2 hours of Toronto comfortably

Comment

seems to have some nice elevation changes, the third hole appears to drop 5 metres off on the right side. cant wait ti see more

Comment

I think so, but I should wait for Ian to reveal where it is as I'm not sure if it should be out there yet. It's within 2 hours of Toronto comfortably
                  East or West hmmm

Comment

Hole 4

Hole 5

Hole 6

Comment

Hole 7, par 4:

Hole 8 (from the tee rendering), par 3:

Hole 9, also par 4:

Ian also said the 9th would be the furthest point from the property, so we got an out and back routing!
                      Last edited by drewharvie; Jan 25, 2021, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Ian mentioned today on Twitter it's in Niagara, and is the second course to an already existing one. Walking only + public makes it interesting to try and narrow it down!

Hole 10, par 5:

Hole 11, par 5:

Hole 12, par 3:

Comment

Have been following this intently.

With walking only what are the chances that they will have (mandatory?) caddies?

Agree with the concept and the holes do look good.

With real estate and labour costs in Southern Ontario what are the chances that any 'low/mid' range public courses will ever get built?
                          The last one that I can think of in the east GTA is Watsons Glen?

Are there others that I cannot remember/think of?

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
                            Have been following this intently.

With walking only what are the chances that they will have (mandatory?) caddies?

Agree with the concept and the holes do look good.

With real estate and labour costs in Southern Ontario what are the chances that any 'low/mid' range public courses will ever get built?
                            The last one that I can think of in the east GTA is Watsons Glen?

Are there others that I cannot remember/think of?
                            I don't think the green fee here will be too expensive, nor do I think it will be mandatory caddies. Niagara is a tough market with already quite a few mid range, affordable public golf course options. They'd need to be conscious of that. I'd suspect there will be caddies available, maybe, but I would bet more on the UK/AUS culture of pull carts. There will also almost 100% be carts available for medical exemptions, like Bandon, Streamsong, etc.

Comment

Grand niagara would make sense, there seems to be enough vacant land around them and the topographical maps seem to match.

Comment

I don't think the green fee here will be too expensive.
                                How much is too expensive?

Unfortunately I was only physically able to play 3 partial rounds in 2020.

But in 2019 I played at least one round a week from late April into December and averaged less than $45 per round, walking. And that included mostly 'decent' courses.

I do have to admit that I primarily played during 'off peak' hours.
                                Last edited by Arthur Dailey; Jan 25, 2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X