/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Your 3 Golf Courses You Are Looking To Play in The New Year

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your 3 Golf Courses You Are Looking To Play in The New Year

Happy New Year to all! Here's hoping 2021 brings you all an excellent year on and off the course.

Figured I'd pose this question... What are your top 3 courses you want to play in 2021?

We all want to play Augusta, Pine Valley, or Cypress Point, so lets say golf courses you have leads at or that slipped away from you this year because of the COVID-19 restrictions.

For me, the three in Canada I'm most looking forward to are:

1. Cape Breton Highlands Links
    2. Mount Bruno Country Club
    3. Cabot Links
    3b. Grand'Mere

What are yours?

I will give you three in the Toronto area I have not managed to play:
    1. St Georges
    2. Goodwood
    3. Toronto
    All I need to do is find some friendly members!

Comment

Originally posted by allbrosca View Post
      I will give you three in the Toronto area I have not managed to play:
      1. St Georges
      2. Goodwood
      3. Toronto
      All I need to do is find some friendly members!
      Three very, very good golf courses. I wish you luck sir!

Comment

Don't have any really.

Have one new to me venue on the GTA AM Tour, Toronto Ladies which should be fun.

otherwise absolutely love and never bored with my home course. Love my buddy's course which I play 6-8 times ( Wyndance) and always look forward to playing Mad River on the GTA AM tour

Would like to do a trip to Bandon or Monteray in the Fall but zero chance the covid19 situation will permit it so will bump that a year.
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by drewharvie View Post

Three very, very good golf courses. I wish you luck sir!
          Thanks! Fairly local but distant! Similar to last year's, but I managed to take Coppinwood off the list when an invite came out of left field. One of only two courses I was able to play outside of my home course due to the pandemic (the other being Summitt). Hopefully I can cross them off the list this year.

Comment

Grand Niagara, Lora Bay, Whistle Bear.
            King Cobra F9 10.5* , VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
            King Cobra F9 15.5*, UST Helium A Flex
            TXG Custom, T. Made SIM Max 7-wood, Accra 140 2.0 M2
            Sonartec MD Transition 23*, UST Irod A Flex
            TXG Custom, Mizuno Hot Metal "B" heads, 6-pw, 1* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2", Soft Stepped Once
            Mizuno S18 50/07, KBS Tour 110 R

Ping Glide 1.0 ES 55*, Accra 90 wedge
            Callaway MD4 S Grind 58*, DG Tour Issue 115 S
            Ping Karsten TR Pal, 35"

"Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

Comment

1. Arcadia Bluffs - new friend has a cottage down the road from it but couldn’t make it across the border this summer
              2. Cataraqui - wasn’t aware of the Stanley Thompson passport but will now be purchasing!
              3. Kawartha - closed to the public this summer but should be back to normal soon

Comment

Besides my home course.
                Already got my invite for kawartha for the coming season 😀 and more tarandowah and timber ridge for me

Comment

Happy New Year! My list is much longer than three, but limiting myself to staying fairly close to home...

1. Mississauga G&CC
                  2. London Hunt
                  3. TPC Toronto (missing Hoot course)

Comment

Originally posted by allbrosca View Post

Thanks! Fairly local but distant! Similar to last year's, but I managed to take Coppinwood off the list when an invite came out of left field. One of only two courses I was able to play outside of my home course due to the pandemic (the other being Summitt). Hopefully I can cross them off the list this year.
                    A few members from The Summit GC are here, so you will have to be nice to the right people! (I am not one of them though...)

Comment

1. Goodwood GC
                      2. Oakdale G&CC for the Stanley Thompson Classic
                      3. Kawartha G&CC

For my C.E. "Robbie" Robinson passport: Craigowan GC, Dalewood GC and Lake St. George GC.
                      Last edited by QuentinJJ; Jan 2, 2021, 07:01 PM.

Comment

It's tough to answer given the unpredictability of travel.

You didn't say new - which is good, not sure there's much viable there...

Regardless, my top 3 realistic options are

Tarandowah. Went in the fall for the first time in a while and really enjoyed it.
                        TPC Toronto Heathlands. Hardly played it in the past 3 years, it's a spiritual home with > 300 rounds in the past.
                        Bigwin, because it's a ritual with a friend who ended up buying there. And it's grown on me as a course.

I'd kinda like to get onto Lora Bay too, as we have ended up pretty close the last few summers.
                        Beacon Hall too, because it's a great course and the member I know has left it.
                        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                        ...Iggy

Comment

My realistic 3: Wyndance, Eagle's Nest and maybe Wooden Stick

Comment

I would be more than happy to play any 3 courses in 2021.

On my December 2019 'wish list' which I will carry over are:
                            • Kawartha
                            • Bigwin

Added the list after the loss of one of our most popular TGNers is:
                            • Cedarbrae

Comment

I'd include Cabot Links but am thinking that might be a 2022 excursion. A wish list would include Devils Paintbrush, and I have to include TTC Osprey Heathlands, just because I love the place.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X